• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The GAF Collection” – Weekend Photoshop Thread

Pringo

Banned
For any of you that are interested, I finished a major revision of the OP today with a bunch of extra links and information. I added links to some good resources for source images and fonts, links to all the ready to print covers made so far in this thread, and a list of other sites' recognition of the work done here.

So far there have been a ton of great covers made so far in this thread. Keep up the good work everybody.

STG

Totz said:
Wow, that Sonic cover is awesome.

SonataGAF.png

woah, I like that!

Someone should make a G for the top left of the template. I would, but i don't have access to Photoshop or anything at the moment. I'll see if i can whip something up. Oh, and make some more covers too.

Flek

Banned
Hey guys ive seen you guys loving the mirrors edge cover someone did in this thread. I just found the orignal artwork he used in super high res an thougt "lets make some PRINTABLE versions of this cover" well... i made 3 (!)

Have a look:

2vv88c9.png

3486dm8.png

5pie0h.png

the back is always the same and its the orignal english one.

Anyway if you want to print those babys out get the complete cover as a printable version (in HIGH RES!) here: http://rapidshare.de/files/46737836/medgealternativ.zip.html

Are you guys getting most of your images to work with off google? is anyone actually purchasing photos off like istockphoto or something?

I just looked through the collected works and it reminded me why I love this concept so much. What helps make this concept great is that there is no one specific way to design the cover. Each game needs to be approached differently. What may be awesome for one game, won't work on another. Also, the different design ideas are great to see. Seeing this thread makes me want to break out photoshop and dust off what designing skills I have. I give a round of applause to those who have submitted their work to this thread. Congrats on the press coverage, you guys earned it.

SickBoy

Thinking about Black, I think that's an original cover that would probably fit fairly well in this thread if it didn't have all that branding splashed all over it.

615VJ2TVEGL._SS500_.jpg

b.e.r.g

=o Love the NMH cover!

Suda 51 should really see these (that and the early covers)! That style suits their games imo.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
More people should be putting the title on theirs. It isnt so obvious and a vast majority of the Criterion covers do have the title and even the director

Ecto311

Have we come to a consensus on the G in the upper corner? Is there a template for it? I was just doing a times new roman G but I like the look of that one.

Ecto311 said:
Have we come to a consensus on the G in the upper corner? Is there a template for it? I was just doing a times new roman G but I like the look of that one.

I think the OP has been updated with a template with a G at the top.

Pringo

Banned
SuperFlyAngel said:
Not really in the Gaf Collection style, but this is a boxart I just did for the Level Select website.

fez-boxart-3d-629x500.jpg
Do you happen to have a link to a high-res version of that?

VGChampion said:
I think the OP has been updated with a template with a G at the top.
Yup, I added a new template to the OP a little while ago. GrandTheftAero was nice enough to make a new (and much more complete) version.

Oh, and by the way guys, if any of you actually print any of these covers out and use them do you think you could take a picture? I'd be interested in seeing what the finished product looks like.

Top Bottom