• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The GAF Collection” – Weekend Photoshop Thread

Balb

Posting for a guy named Gabe who isn't registered on the forums yet:

grandtheftautocriterion.jpg

Will be finished with the full Super Mario Galaxy boxes tomorrow. Along with a Wind Waker one I just barely started on.

This thread will be my demise. I've made 20+ covers the last two days counting the ones I'm too ashamed to post.

SickBoy

Gotta say, I don't care for the "G" template.

I get that Criterion's doing it that way, but to me it detracts in almost all cases.

KevinCow

Banned
Ah, found out a MUCH better way to do my concept from the last page.

16a5mzd.png

I might redo Tooie tomorrow if anybody cares.

Also, KilgoreTrout: LOVE the Galaxy one with the nebula.

Captain Pants said:
Here is a quick and dirty one for Demon's Souls:

2rq0p6q.jpg

I got the image from a crappy cellphone pic that I took. I wish I could find hi-res pictures of the art that they show during the credits for this game. The boss designs are incredible.

What's this font (the "GAF Collection" part) called? Anyone?

KilgoreTrout said:
1zlgjux.png
fn4tn7.png

Will be finished with the full boxes tomorrow. Along with a Wind Waker one I just barely started on.

This thread will be my demise. I've made 20+ covers the last two days counting the ones I'm too ashamed to post.

nicely done

Willeth

For the GAF Collection thing, the one in the template is (I think) Arial. It's what I've been using to put the dates in and it matches pretty well.

Thanks, KevinCow and _dementia.

Powerslave said:
What's this font (the "GAF Collection" part) called? Anyone?

Yeah, it says Arial on the template, but doesn't look right at all. Plus, there are error messages next to them for me. I'm using Futura Std for mine. I am using Arial for the year though.

Pringo

Banned
Powerslave said:
please I just need to know what font it is....
It's Calibri (not Arial actually). You probably don't have it if you're not running Vista. I think Microsoft might have a download for it on their site.

hitoshi

Made by my friend, I'm just posting it because his account has not been activated yet.

My ode to Lucasarts (or rather Lucasfilm Games) adventure games, and a personal favourite in addition, if needed, printable versions will be uploaded - dravenova

gaf_another_world.jpg

gaf_day_of_the_tentacle.jpg

gaf_full_throttle.jpg

gaf_maniac_mansion.jpg

gaf_monkey_island_1.jpg

gaf_monkey_island_2.jpg

gaf_monkey_island_3.jpg

gaf_zak_mckracken.jpg

Xater

hitoshi said:
Made by my friend, I'm just posting it because his account has not been activated yet.

Does he have a high res version of the Full Throttle one? I'd totally use it for my copy :D

HUELEN10

SonicUnleashedGAFCollectionByHUELEN.png

Hope I am not too late/is good enough for "The GAF Collection, Collected"!

Working on Pyoro next, but on OS X, the little thing on the left is a bitch, especially with the font thing.....

Are we allowed to use any font? I would love to revise.

whitehawk

Banned
If someone could get a better picture of Yoshi in that pose, that would be great. I could only find it on Youtube, so the quality sucks.

yoshisisland201.png

Aggressive inline was rad. Totally over the top with the breast physics though...

I was upset there was never a create-a-skater edit mode.

Pringo

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
This one's really good but I think it could be better with a classier looking font. That one's kinda cartoony looking. Still a great cover though.

KilgoreTrout said:
My favorite one I've done so far:
jtoyyu.png

Printable version here.

Edited my previous Killzone 2 one a bit, and made it high res.
Here.
Quite possibly your best one yet. Two things though:
1. The colon in the title is kind of unnecessary (this may just be me though).
2. You can barely read the "GAF Collection" part. I can kinda see what you're going for but I think it either needs to be easier to read or just taken out completely.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Pringo said:
Will do. Man, you're incredibly quick with these covers, I only posted my suggestions like 10 minutes ago. And your name being in this thread a lot isn't necessarily a bad thing. You've made 75% of the nice high-res printable covers. Barely anyone else cares.
I wish I could make high-res versions of mine but it's just that the assets I've used aren't available in a resolution high enough for such. :/ I think that's the case for many people who posted here and not a lack of interest.

Fuu said:
I really wish I could make high-res versions of mine but it's just that the assets I've used aren't available in a resolution high enough for such. :/ I think that's the case for most people, not a lack of interest.

I feel your pain, the Uncharted cover's book is originally from HERE. Had to do a lot of healing brush, and custom touch up.

Pictures are just never high res enough. It's why I've stayed away from them, and have stuck to vector shapes in a lot of mine. Unless you want a picture of a nebula, it's not gonna be high res enough. :lol

Is the TWEWY hamburger one not vector?

Top Bottom