• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The GAF Collection” – Weekend Photoshop Thread

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
That is an excellent job on the Stalker one, even better if youre familiar with the place. Well done.

_dementia said:
Rabbitwork, I absolutely love it!
Excellent work.

IMG_4893.jpg
wow, i'm honored! enjoy it!

Bioshocked said:
Kilgore, when are you going to post the pictures of your collection?

Edit: Also, glad to see the high Lisa avatar again.

When I get a camera that will do them justice! My camera is such a shitty thing I don't want to post them.

In other news, I'm buying a camera this week, and they will really be posted by Sunday. Really.

I mean it's not like it's been a year since I said I'd post them. :lol :lol :lol

Salsa

been wanting to get on this and i didnt see TF2 represented, so did this real quick (low-res, moved logo etc).

crclw.png
2irae6r.png

doesnt really work considering its a colorful game :p

Ill make something better later.

somnific

wow! great to see this thread alive and kicking. i need to do some updating...

well, here's one quick and dirty for old times sake:

gafcollection_reddeadredemption.png

Salsa

somnific said:
wow! great to see this thread alive and kicking. i need to do some updating...

well, here's one quick and dirty for old times sake:

http://www.palesky.com/misc/gafcollection_reddeadredemption.png[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

quick and dirty ? love it :D

Gyrian

Loving the nod to Criterion's edition of Stagecoach, Kilgore.

This thread is going into my subscriptions right now.
Don't know how I've missed it for so long. Beautiful work on display here, everyone. :]

micrometaru.gif

Here all of mine are. They are on the template that I have used for the last few.

There are some duplicates to make the size right for multi-platform games.

205e8h3.jpg

hvs5zq.jpg

35lw9wz.jpg

xneyb9.jpg

2rwoj5v.jpg

330cih2.jpg

2mzilo6.jpg

neu6tl.jpg

2ebwb50.jpg

2iplt.jpg

eris5c.jpg

2efrmgh.jpg

29lg5ma.jpg

2nhnqzk.jpg

x3ekab.jpg

jfyx39.jpg

2ngueis.jpg

14sm96x.jpg

2rglw07.jpg

2echna8.jpg

2urs2rp.jpg

214dqtv.jpg

aaeufc.jpg

You should download them here.

They are all set up letter size at 300dpi with full bleed.

UrbanRats

What an AMAZING topic!

Here's my humble contribution.. no HD version cause i've started from skratch, on PS, with the SD template from the OP. :(
Maybe next time.

thesims-GAFcollection.jpg

Anyway, hope you like it. ^___^

I know these aren't the greatest pictures but here are some of my cases. My Metroid Prime, and my Resident Evil 4 were never printed.

I think I'm going to buy clear cases instead of the black for them too.
I'll post more when I get them. Looking at them printed out, I'm going to left align the logos on the side.

2m3kcgi.jpg

22ax5t.jpg

2aa0j8o.jpg

nz2hap.jpg

o6ffrt.jpg

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Scythesurge said:
I wish my collection looked like that O_O

Maybe one day I will print out all of those sleeves!
This is off topic, but after looking at that David Bowie thread today, I ended up discovering that the person you have in your avatar is not a woman but in fact David Bowie. My mind is blown. I'm sorry. Just wanted to say that. Anyways, awesome pictures. I wish I had spare DVD cases to do all that.

UrbanRats

KilgoreTrout said:
I think I'm going to buy clear cases instead of the black for them too.
Clear or better yet, white cases would be awesome.
Those black cases kinda give them a feeling of cheap look, even though you made an awesome job.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm new to this. Be gentle!

23w5udl.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
_dementia said:
EatChildren, what game is that for? It's a little too subtle for me :(

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

EDIT: I should add I got bored with it and stopped, so its hugely unfinished.

Wait wait wait, is this thread alive again?

So awesome.

Kilgoretrout, your covers are amzing, hope to have some time i summer a make some covers also for the thread.

Castor Krieg said:
@KilgoreTrout: I understand all those covers are for standard DVD-box, correct?

Yeah, they are. I originally had ones printed out for the smaller PS3 boxes too, but I didn't like having two sizes of boxes, so I re-did the artwork to fit in DVD sized ones. I haven't given anyone those sizes though. So if anyone is wanting PS3 DVD sized ones, I can post them.

Oh, and I've been searching for DVD cases that are white, or clear. I have looked online at a few places, but they all seem kinda shady.

Anyone have any good recommendations of where I should order from?

Gyrian

KilgoreTrout said:
Anyone have any good recommendations of where I should order from?

I haven't picked up DVD cases for a while, but I can vouch for Sleeve Town when it comes to their blue BRD cases.
They're the same ones you get from Sony's films, with the indented (rather than stamped) logo and thinnest profile, and latch.
They carry several colors for DVD, but I think these are generic.

http://www.sleevetown.com/dvd-case-single.shtml

Bags Unlimited has every kind of poly bag you could want.
This is the only type of product I've used them for, but they carry white Amaray DVD cases.

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/detail.asp?cat=465&subcat=252&product_id=cdvd1aw

Agreed that most websites for these businesses generally don't inspire much confidence.

micrometaru.gif

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
These are so awesome.

KilgoreTrout said:
I know these aren't the greatest pictures but here are some of my cases. My Metroid Prime, and my Resident Evil 4 were never printed.

Can you give us some links to printable versions?

I might print some out in the coming week.

silenthill2-GAFC-preview.jpg

It's hard to tell from the preview image, but there is grain that accompanies the black space on the back and side banner. And those lines on the side of the GAF collection? Artifacts from compressed jpeg and size.

This is my first one of these so bare with me on the concept / execution of it.

Here it is in full size.

DryvBy

That looks pretty sweet. This is the only game I bought that never had a case so I might just print this one for the case.

I know it looks strange with the two contrasting dark tones (front and back) but printed out it doesn't clash as much as you think it would.

Glad you like it though!

Top Bottom