• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films To See In September (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I know will be playing near me:
The Family
Insidious Chapter 2
Prisoners
Don Jon

What I hope plays near me this month, but will definitely check out in the coming months:
Adore
Hell Baby
Salinger
Blue Caprice
After Tiller
A Single Shot
We Are What We Are

I love Fall movie season.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
What? Apollo 13 is fucking great and Cinderella Man is pretty good too. I think his last good movie was Frost/Nixon, which wasn't that long ago.

they're not great. Decent, maybe. Howard's territory indeed, which fits since he seems to be a decent bloke

Speaking of Captain Phillips, has anyone seen A Hijacking (from director/writer of The Hunt)?

A_Hijacking_1.jpg

Missed its run in cinemas.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's out on blu ray here in UK! Yay.

bidguy

Banned
isnt the description for "we are what we are" wrong ? it says a man dies on the street but in that trailer a woman dies. whats that about

isnt the description for "we are what we are" wrong ? it says a man dies on the street but in that trailer a woman dies. whats that about

Hm, it's from IFC Films the distributor. Perhaps they sent over the one for the original instead? Is it different? Unfortunately I haven't seen either.

UberTag

My planned movie-watching calendar over the next 11 days:

12 Years a Slave
All Is By My Side
Around the Block
August: Osage County
Bad Words
Beneath the Harvest Sky
Blue Jasmine
Blue Ruin
Blue is the Warmest Color
Can a Song Save Your Life?
Child's Pose
Cold Eyes
Dallas Buyers Club
The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Him and Her
The Double
Elysium
Enemy
Gravity
The Green Inferno
How I Live Now
The Invisible Woman
Labor Day
Lee Daniels' The Butler
Like Father, Like Son
Manuscripts Don't Burn
Omar
Palo Alto
Philomena
Prisoners
PROXY
The Right Kind of Wrong
Rigor Mortis
The Sacrament
The Selfish Giant
Siddharth
The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears
Third Person
A Touch of Sin
Trance
Walesa, Man of Hope
The Wind Rises
The World's End
Young & Beautiful

Also plan to catch both Rush and Don Jon later this month after I've recovered from TIFF.

Incidentally, my Top 3 flicks so far this year are Before Midnight, Fruitvale Station and The Spectacular Now.

Ridley327

they're not great. Decent, maybe. Howard's territory indeed, which fits since he seems to be a decent bloke

I don't hate Ron Howard or anything, but a lot of his films tend to be unremarkable, in that he definitely a technically proficient director who knows his way around actors well enough, but I've never seen a film he's done where I was overly impressed with any single aspect or the whole of the film, outside of the special photography for the zero gravity scenes in Apollo 13. He's a guy drawn to some rather extraordinary stories, but he's always lacked a lot of panache in his filmmaking. I think that the highest praise I'd dole out to him is that he's agreeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom