• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Yours - 18/04/08 - Jeff Green guest stars

CoG

DJmizuhara said:
Not funny at all...such a fucking stupid comment to make, I was listening with my wife who is Japanese and she wasn't very amused.

Would you find it funny if somebody said, "Lets fly some planes into building again and kill a shit ton of Americans". No you wouldn't and neither would the rest of you.
Stupid fuckin' comment and completely uncalled for.

Jeff Green, you should be ashamed of yourself for coming out with a comment like that!
Think before you open the trap of yours!!!!

Knee-jerk react much?

Johnkers

I'm also going to add that I think anybody is (actually) offended has every right to be.

Also, how bout them video games! GTA:SA multi sounded great eh guys

Dina

Johnkers said:
Also, how bout them video games! GTA:SA multi sounded great eh guys

I agree. And it does sound awesome. I'll be buying it for SP primarily, but I might fire it up after I played through it twice.

edit: oh and I'm liking Shawn more and more. He's genuinely funny.

h3ro

Jax said:

Yep... you did.

I don't know if Jeff is the best 4th Chair though. I think it would take away what makes GFW Radio different from 1UP Yours. It'd be nice to have two episodes of 1UPY a week, but I'd rather have two distinct shows. I think someone like Nick Suttner or Milky would be great as a fourth chair, as they are a more console gaming style voice. Or just bring back John :p

PS. Shawn is hilarious. that is all.

Flavius

Jax said:
the podcast was all sorts of fail.

annoying nerdvoice jeff green + dullard shawn elliot + racist shenanigans.

FAIL

Just how many times would you care to say the same shit in the same thread?

We get it. You don't enjoy it. Do yourself a favor and move on.

andthebeatgoeson

CoG said:
Knee-jerk react much?
Why do you even have to respond if all you want to do is downplay it? It's a legitimate gripe and the most you could come up with is that short line? It gets ridiculous that you have to defend him. Why couldn't you just let the guy express his emotions w/o defending Jeff Green?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Can anyone help with getting my Steam copy of SA up to scratch? Like, provide a quick tutorial on the board. I know a lot of us will want to try.

Barrett2

Holy Jesus that GTA: San Andreas mod sounds amazing. I never play PC games, but that might be the thing that pulls me in.

Kittonwy

Banned
How old is Jeff Green? Why mangod callz him daddy?
Indifferent2.gif

farnham

Banned
thats why im holding on GTA 4 for the 360

the PC version will probably have some awesome mods like GTASA and i want that

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
farnham said:
thats why im holding on GTA 4 for the 360

the PC version will probably have some awesome mods like GTASA and i want that

Seeing as a PC version isn't even announced yet, you must not like GTA very much to avoid it until maybe Early 2009. I'm sure plenty of us will be buying it twice.

farnham

Banned
McBacon said:
Seeing as a PC version isn't even announced yet, you must not like GTA very much to avoid it until maybe Early 2009. I'm sure plenty of us will be buying it twice.
i did not buy GTA SA for PS2 and waited for the PC version

http://ruliweb5.empas.com/ruliboard...&find=subject&ftext=gta&time=0&db=2&num=82917
http://ruliweb5.empas.com/ruliboard...&find=subject&ftext=gta&time=0&db=2&num=82872
http://ruliweb5.empas.com/ruliboard...&find=subject&ftext=gta&time=0&db=2&num=82862

with the graphix patches (oblivion grass patch and stuff like that)

the game looks like a 360 game now

and yeah i fuckin love it

im going to buy the 360 version if the downloadable content is actually decent

Jacobi

Banned
farnham said:
i did not buy GTA SA for PS2 and waited for the PC version

http://ruliweb5.empas.com/ruliboard...&find=subject&ftext=gta&time=0&db=2&num=82917
http://ruliweb5.empas.com/ruliboard...&find=subject&ftext=gta&time=0&db=2&num=82872
http://ruliweb5.empas.com/ruliboard...&find=subject&ftext=gta&time=0&db=2&num=82862

with the graphix patches (oblivion grass patch and stuff like that)

the game looks like a 360 game now

and yeah i fuckin love it

im going to buy the 360 version if the downloadable content is actually decent
Is there a patch that deals with the pop-ups (less of them I mean)?

Doel

I <3 Jeff. That (you all know what I'm talking about) was one of the greatest moments in 1up Yours history :lol

1-D_FTW

I don't usually listen to the 1UP podcast (GFW FTW), but between the OP description and all the whining in this thread from 1UP fans, I'm thinking it's probably a good episode and worth listening to. Gonna start it right now.

farnham

Banned
yeah my GF is from hiroshima and Im sure she wouldn't have liked it...

but them again if you usually enjoy the Brodeo you know that jeff green is not a racist guy or anything.. he just made a joke... albeit a damn brash one..

Snowden

Banned
Oh, this is why I don't check these topics anymore.

DJmizuhara said:
Would you find it funny if somebody said, "Lets fly some planes into building again and kill a shit ton of Americans". No you wouldn't and neither would the rest of you. Stupid fuckin' comment and completely uncalled for.
Seeing as I have reenacted 9/11 with a two stacks of boxes and a forklift, yeah, I think I would.

Quick now, judge me!

Higgy

I see the tit babies are out in full force. You can always count on a segment of 1up yours listeners to come out and throw a temper tantrum each and every week.

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
from annoying nerdvoice jeff green:

The comment/joke I made was beyond tasteless and offensive. That was the whole point. :)
It kind of ruins it to have to explain it, but that's okay because I can see that at least a couple of you got seriously offended. It was extreme exaggeration for comedic effect (and, ya know, I *have* made holocaust jokes on GFW Radio, because I am a believer that humor is always the best weapon against hate and ignorance).

But let's try this:

Listen back to the context of the discussion. They were trying to explain to me how horrifying the Metal Gear Online login was. At one point, Shawn said something along the lines of, which the others agreed with, that: "this is typical for Japan" (though he was careful to say he was not meaning to sound inflammatory/racist/whatever, which of course he wasn't cuz he's too smart for that). I made the point that ALL online ventures suffer from this kind of clusterfuck. In other words: I was defending Japan. Now they are telling me, "no, wait, wait, you don't understand--listen to just how bad this is!" to convince me that, no, in fact, this Japanese company in fact has screwed it up worse than anyone. This is the setup to that comment of mine. That was me saying, "Gosh, you guys are right! This is terrible! I hate Japan now!" It was sarcastic. It was a joke.

As someone else in the thread said, I'm the guy who couldn't handle 16 Candles without getting royally pissed off at the obscene racism of the Long Duk Dong character.
Okay, kids? And if you want to hear any jewish jokes, I've got a million of them. Offensive ones, too!

maladroid

farnham said:
yeah my GF is from hiroshima and Im sure she wouldn't have liked it...

but them again if you usually enjoy the Brodeo you know that jeff green is not a racist guy or anything.. he just made a joke... albeit a damn brash one..
That's what made the thing so shocking, to me, especially after this week's GFW Radio podcast.

And to the people who are offended by the people who were offended by the remark: seriously? Those people have every right to be offended. Just because it was a joke doesn't mean that it's any less offensive.

bud

i don't see how you can explain the arm thing without making it look even funnier

but they do, and i kinda hope they also explain how liquid ''chose ocelot as his host''--that does not make any sense at all (i know, mgs2 lololol)

RumFore

Banned
This podcast sucked. Dumb jokes, so much fucking giggling, cackling and laughing. I hate it. And Shawn talking about the GTA SA Mod was funny for the first 8 minutes but then he rambled on for like 25 minutes. I prefer the PC guys on the PC podcasts while sometimes coming on as guests.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Sorry to bring it back to San Andreas chat, but it's like "male or female", despite choosing a male dude. It's also telling me how to register and shit. How is everyone else doing.

Higgy

RumFore said:
This podcast sucked. Dumb jokes, so much fucking giggling, cackling and laughing. I hate it. And Shawn talking about the GTA SA Mod was funny for the first 8 minutes but then he rambled on for like 25 minutes. I prefer the PC guys on the PC podcasts while sometimes coming on as guests.

You know what I hate? Fucking tit babies. Cry cry cry somemore!

farnham

Banned
shiwasu said:
That's what made the thing so shocking, to me, especially after this week's GFW Radio podcast.

And to the people who are offended by the people who were offended by the remark: seriously? Those people have every right to be offended. Just because it was a joke doesn't mean that it's any less offensive.
aww cmon

there is a difference if you say something as a joke and if you say something and actually mean that shit...

for example.. if you hang out with your friends.. you might want to brag about something and then you might actually argue with your friend about some shit just for the sake of it.. you might even insult him just for fun and because you know that it is accepted..

that situation is different from a situation where you actually argue with someone and mean what you say.. in that situation an insult could mean something way more severe..

now in this podcast the problem is that many many people listen to this.. jeff never knew who would listen to him.. but the podcast itself is a conversation between colleagues.. in that atmosphere (and with alcohol) you might just start to say something like that for fun...

I do think that they should have edited that part out though..

Snowden

Banned
shiwasu said:
The sense of righteousness is funny given the offensive bullshit that is spewed across these boards every day. Its okay when a nameless user does it, but god forbid JEFF GREEN partake.

lol

JeffGreen

farnham said:
aww cmon
but the podcast itself is a conversation between colleagues.. in that atmosphere (and with alcohol) you might just start to say something like that for fun...

I don't need the Alcohol Defense. My drink of choice was Diet Coke (I just got a dollar for saying that!).

Xapati

Evonus said:
The sense of righteousness is funny given the offensive bullshit that is spewed across these boards every day. Its okay when a nameless user does it, but god forbid JEFF GREEN partake.

lol

I guess when a nameless person cheats on his wife it's okay, but god forbid A GOVERNOR does it.

Actually gaf is pretty good at banning offensive users. Although I'm not sure a call to "nuke Japan" would get you banned here. After all, don't Japanese have a weird culture, watch animu and fap to loli schoolgirls?

h3ro

JeffGreen said:
from annoying nerdvoice jeff green:
And if you want to hear any jewish jokes, I've got a million of them. Offensive ones, too!

Any good ones about bagels? :lol

border

The Orange said:
I wasn't, but I'm about as insensitive as it gets. Would you tell concentration camp jokes to Jews, because hey, it happened 60 years ago? Black people probably don't find slavery funny yet either.
Well, Jewish and African American people were, ya know, kind of innocent victims. Whereas the Japanese were the agressors in a multi-national conflict, and engaged in their own unique forms of genocide.

h3ro

BigBlackGamer said:
Bagel Hole in Brooklyn had some great fucking jewish bagels. Unfortunately the place looked like a bioshock level.

There are some dope spots here in Queens too bro! I hit up a kosher bodega for mine!

Only in NY will you find a Kosher Bodega... :lol

JeffGreen

border said:
Well, Jewish and African American people were, ya know, kind of innocent victims. Whereas the Japanese were the agressors in a multi-national conflict, and engaged in their own unique forms of genocide.

Ahh! Don't take that bait! The thing is, no one is deserving of any form of hate speech. But everyone gets it, all the time. You can find black comics joking about slavery, Jewish comics joking about the holocaust, etc etc. I just watched an Indian comic making fun of the Indian accent---defusing the fact that stupid white Americans go around doing the "Apu" voice all the time.

Oh, and the only bagel joke I have is a lame one, which I used to tell my daughter before she got too old for jokes like this:

Q: Why do seagulls fly over the sea?
A: Because if they flew over the bay, they'd be bagels!

h3ro said:
There are some dope spots here in Queens too bro! I hit up a kosher bodega for mine!

Only in NY will you find a Kosher Bodega... :lol

I lived in Queens for most of my youth!! I miss all the bodegas. 50 cent soda's and 25 cent bag of chips!!! THE MEALL OF CHAMPIOONNSS!!!

JeffGreen said:
Oh, and the only bagel joke I have is a lame one, which I used to tell my daughter before she got too old for jokes like this:

Q: Why do seagulls fly over the sea?
A: Because if they flew over the bay, they'd be bagels!

That is the worst joke i've heard in quite some time, but I am laughing because it is so bad.

Durante

border said:
The Japanese civilians in Hiroshima and Nagasaki were "agressors in a multi-national conflict, and engaged in their own unique forms of genocide"? Good to know.

(FWIW I'm happy with Jeff's explanation, but crap like this post gets on my nerves)

Top Bottom