• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejan

lastplayed said:
Why do my shadows in the game look like building blocks? :( I've tried every AA solution I can think of, and while the environments look good, the AA on character models and shadows looks horrible.
The game is being natively rendered at 2880x1800 and then downsampled to the native resolution of my monitor (1920x1200@60Hz). Game runs at 60fps on a 480GTX SLI setup most of the time.

dejan said:
The game is being natively rendered at 2880x1800 and then downsampled to the native resolution of my monitor (1920x1200@60Hz). Game runs at 60fps on a 480GTX SLI setup most of the time.

Ah, I see. Great shots btw.

The GPU framebuffer size counts for very little so long as you have "enough." You've got to appreciate that while a 512MB 4850 (as an example) has been available at the ~$100 mark for over a year now its still about ~4x faster than what you'll find in a console, and 1680x1050 isn't even twice the resolution of 720p.

Arkham Asylum runs on UE3 and like all UE3, it runs extremely well on any DX10/11 PC hardware. It'd help if you told me what GPU you ahve specifically, but I can't see any problems regardless.

Veidt said:
Actually, never mind! :D

Well it was answered anyway.

Regarding Dead Space and AA, even the Nvidia control panel (CCC too from what I read) don't affect anything. Sorry gang hoping for less jaggies.

Game still looks pretty great regardless.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
brain_stew said:
The GPU framebuffer size counts for very little so long as you have "enough." You've got to appreciate that while a 512MB 4850 (as an example) has been available at the ~$100 mark for over a year now its still about ~4x faster than what you'll find in a console, and 1680x1050 isn't even twice the resolution of 720p.

Arkham Asylum runs on UE3 and like all UE3, it runs extremely well on any DX10/11 PC hardware. It'd help if you told me what GPU you ahve specifically, but I can't see any problems regardless.

Well it was answered anyway.
Thanks!
My details:
512MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 210 PCI EXPRESS
Intel® Pentium® DualCore E5700 (3.0GHz) 800MHz FSB/2MB Cache
2GB ram.

If that means anything.

Here's Dead Space running with the new AA compatibility bit in the latest Nvidia drivers. It's running with 16xQ and 4x transparency supersampling, yet the soft image and atrocious performance hit has full-scene supersampling written all over it. So I'm not sure what's happening there. Maybe the drivers are just forcing SGSSAA or something.

5318479968_305b85dac8_o.jpg

5317885301_6d235cbf0b_o.jpg

Here it is again with supposed 4xMSAA. Performance is better but it still doesn't look like multisampling to me. I'll find out the framerate when I've looked into it a bit more.

5317931815_36d2009f5e_o.jpg

Ding!

Still at 4xMSAA, the image quality is actually very good in-game and framerate is a fixed 30fps.

Specs: i7 extreme at 3.33mhz, 6gb RAM, GTX465, SSD storage.

5318566396_a3ca3a9811_o.jpg

5318565514_6bd694232f_o.jpg

No One Lives Forever 2 with 16:9 cutscenes.

(You would have to manually hack the FOV of every single camera shot in the game, mind.)

clip

TheOctagon said:
No One Lives Forever 2 with 16:9 cutscenes.

(You would have to manually hack the FOV of every single camera shot in the game, mind.)

Don't have it, pick something else!

x3sphere said:
BC2, downsampled from 2560x1600

Ahhhh, there were people in the Tomb Raider screenshots thread saying that was a bullshot resolution :lol

I just discovered Radeon Pro for the first time. Was prepping some screens for this thread, but might re-take them as i've got some better AA now.

Sucks that Stallion got banned. Was it a perm? I need to ask him how to force AA with HDR on Chaos Theory!

x3sphere

Galacticus said:
(I know this will get me shot)

Can someone direct me to a thread detailing how to Downsample?

Open up your favorite image editing program and resize to your desired resolution. I use Photoshop, but something like Paint.net will do the job: http://www.getpaint.net/

I don't recommend using regular old Paint as it gives you no control over JPEG compression.

AgentOtaku said:
Well I was enjoying what I had played so far...

I've removed the image, I apologize. And to counter my own apology with a snarky comment: that plot "twist" was obvious the whole way through blops.

Rufus

Sam Fisher is one ugly bastard in Chaos Theory. I actually laughed out loud in the first mission in Chaos Theory.

Splinter Cell - 2002 game, £1.59 in Steam sale. Still looks and plays great.

image0002ogza.jpg

Fire shot:

image0003zdhd.jpg

The heat vision still looks jaw dropping in motion (excuse the abundant grain, it is only this visible in screenshots). I did a small comparison with Chaos Theory and I think the original's heat vision is still better, despite CT's night vision being league's ahead.

.nimrod

Just finished Mirrors Edge, what an awesome game. I've been using 16XQAA, 8x transparency supersampling through nvidia control panel and it still never dips below 60fps even with physx on.

mirrorsedge2011-01-0219aio.png

mirrorsedge2011-01-032xye0.png

Alright guys my EVGA GTX 460 just got in today and I am ready to finally play Crysis the way it was meant to. Any mods or things I should add before I start my run-through?

How do I fix the brightness/contrast issues with the ENB mod? I downloaded 0.081 for EFLC, and it looks terrible.

I'm not trying to go for AA or anything, just the bloom, reflections, etc. Game runs pretty well. (30-40 fps)

shot1oxy7.png

shot28yni.png

PjotrStroganov said:
Crysis. CCC config set to 4+

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_M_Je7d0WNT4/TRYSv5QLXnI/AAAAAAAADt0/b_JWV24XaJU/crysis%202010-12-24%2016-04-54-71.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_M_Je7d0WNT4/TRYSzH3wWgI/AAAAAAAADt8/UnVgV0N8zrE/crysis%202010-12-24%2016-11-29-38.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/lolololpfgb.jpg

Janken

No One Lives Forever 2.

As I said in the last thread, using a widescreen resolution stretches the cutscenes, so these are taken from 1900x1200. I removed the black bars on top and bottom, so the subtitles are also missing. But they aren't important here.

capture_04012011_02141pmlk.png

capture_04012011_02141rmj4.png

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Why don't we have an original resolution rule for screenshots this time around? No downsampling screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom