• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
EviLore said:
Why don't we have an original resolution rule for screenshots this time around? No downsampling screens.
I think no downsampling is a rule, downsampled shots are meant for the "Multiformat artshots" thread.

unless you mean a 'uniform resolution' rule? But that would go against 'no downsampling' rule ?

Dennis

Banned
EviLore said:
Why don't we have an original resolution rule for screenshots this time around? No downsampling screens.
Because 2560 x 1600 is huge and I know people aren't going to sidescroll to see them. And the impact is lost when they can't see the whole thing.

How about resizing them to 1920x1200? That is a minimal downsamping but still allows people to see and maintain a resonable file size.

Dennis

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
I think no downsampling is a rule, downsampled shots are meant for the "Multiformat artshots" thread.

unless you mean a 'uniform resolution' rule? But that would go against 'no downsampling' rule ?
That thread also have other rules such as no HUD and allows manipulation of the image.

Minsc

Gold Member
DennisK4 said:
Because 2560 x 1600 is huge and I know people aren't going to sidescroll to see them. And the impact is lost when they can't see the whole thing.

How about resizing them to 1920x1200? That is a minimal downsamping but still allows people to see and maintain a resonable file size.

That's what this is for! :)

Darksiders.

war2761b.png

war1bnrd.png

I've really been enjoying this game.
Sorry if the image quality sucks.

Dead Space. Guess my video card (9800M GTS) can't do that multisampling magic we've seen. Oh well, I like it as it is. Can't wait to see how Dead Space 2 looks on my soon-to-be-built gaming desktop.

DeadSpace2011-01-0316-24-56-52.jpg

DeadSpace2011-01-0316-44-29-89.jpg

x3sphere

I don't mind posting 2560x1600 shots in their full glory, but they are often large (2MB+). All shots I post are of playable settings.

DennisK4 said:

I don't mind scrolling. I come to this thread to see what games actually look like when people play them. I found it a really helpful tool when deciding what sort of PC I wanted to build.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
EviLore said:
i always liked the dichotomy of having one thread full of shots that accurately reflect the ingame experience, and one all out pseudo-bullshot thread.

Bebpo

Banned
pop06.jpg

Game holds up pretty nice after some hacks. Wish I could force some AA, but when I tried with my nvidia it didn't seem to do anything.

Salaadin

Just Cause 2 has such a nice look to it. I love playing it sometimes just to see it.
Im bad at taking cool shots but these were 2 of my favs:

justcause22010-12-1816rmz4.png

This specific screen I took makes me feel kinda dizzy or something even though the game itself doesnt:
justcause22010-12-20226m9t.png

I just got a EVGA GeForce GTX 460 FTW Superclocked or whatever card and I can't believe the thing lets me run Crysis at Very High settings with AA x8 and I get a consistent 34-38. I didn't think I would get close to that.

dejan

Durante said:
I think a "playable settings" rule is much better than a categorical ban on downsampling.

What if I'm playing downsampled?
I agree, i wouldn't post downsampled screenshots if they don't reflect my ingame experience. Take Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for example. A single GTX 480 has no problems pushing 60fps at a resolution of 2880x1800@1920x1200. Even at 3840x2160@1920x1080 the limiting factor right now is my 50Hz monitor refresh rate.

Dizzy-4U

Some more Mass Effect 2 just because....

(1920x1080/16xAF/8AAQ/Locked 60fps)
masseffect22010-12-240bi2l.png

Best looking level in the entire game IMO (Jack side mission). I hope Bioware adds more rain and snow in the next game. ME2 kinda lacks in that department.
masseffect22011-01-012shal.png

Aon

Some Spacewar action. You might notice the lack of SSAA, I could only manage MLAA with a decent framerate :(

nwQdV.png

I'm in the camp that doesn't want downsampled images. I want to see Dennis' screenshots in all of their huge glory. :lol If you read this thread you shouldn't mind huge images and big file sizes.

That's a point, also. Just how important is shot composition in this thread, as opposed to accurate impressions of quality at different settings. The artshots thread is called that for a reason, after all, so maybe a blanket ban on resizing would have a place here.

Just a suggestion.

markao

TheOctagon said:
That's a point, also. Just how important is shot composition in this thread, as opposed to accurate impressions of quality at different settings. The artshots thread is called that for a reason, after all, so maybe a blanket ban on resizing would have a place here.

Just a suggestion.
Or at least use the ['url=]
[/url'] tag, so the non downscaled image is also uploaded/viewable.

derFeef

Morrowind looks great, gonna find my CD´s to try that out.

Hot Pursuit with Forced 4xAA/8xAF (hence the black borders) - which still works weird in some ways. Either it looks smooth or not smooth at all. In motion its all sex though :D

f7f4e539.png

473e557e.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom