• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
My only prediction for the season is that the Timberwolves won't embarrass me anymore. It's a tall order, I know, but I think they're up to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGnhQGeyjWM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1h1aVorUjc&feature=player_embedded

TG1KO.gif

KingGondo

Banned
Lakers, Thunder and Spurs will still be fighting for the 1 seed. Harden will be missed, but Maynor is back and will help ease the transition for Martin.

Behind them:

Grizz
Clips
Nuggets
Jazz
Rockets

giri

Lakers, Thunder and Spurs will still be fighting for the 1 seed. Harden will be missed, but Maynor is back and will help ease the transition for Martin.

Behind them:

Grizz
Clips
Nuggets
Jazz
Rockets

How is Maynor going to help martin? Maynor is a 12mpg player, martin is, traditionally, a 32mpg player.

If anything, Maynor is going to cut into Martins minutes, and thats if the thunder don't try and develop lamb also.

You can't run Maynor, YNB, Martin at the same time.

The Knicks still are counting on Carmelo to carry them, right?

Yeah, they're no #2.

NBA 2008-09 Conference Standings

1. Los Angeles Lakers 65 17
2. Denver Nuggets 54 28
3. San Antonio Spurs 54 28
4. Portland Trail Blazers 54 28
5. Houston Rockets 53 29
6. Dallas Mavericks 50 32
7. New Orleans Hornets 49 33
8. Utah Jazz 48 34
9. Phoenix Suns 46 36
10. Golden State Warriors 29 53
11. Minnesota Timberwolves 24 58
12. Memphis Grizzlies 24 58
13. Oklahoma City Thunder 23 59
14. Los Angeles Clippers 19 63
15. Sacramento Kings 17 65

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
NBA 2008-09 Conference Standings

1. Los Angeles Lakers 65 17
2. Denver Nuggets 54 28
3. San Antonio Spurs 54 28
4. Portland Trail Blazers 54 28
5. Houston Rockets 53 29
6. Dallas Mavericks 50 32
7. New Orleans Hornets 49 33
8. Utah Jazz 48 34
9. Phoenix Suns 46 36
10. Golden State Warriors 29 53
11. Minnesota Timberwolves 24 58
12. Memphis Grizzlies 24 58
13. Oklahoma City Thunder 23 59
14. Los Angeles Clippers 19 63
15. Sacramento Kings 17 65
Teams were dodging New Orleans that year.

the Hawks might be the second best team in the east. Czs have bigger names, but they're still heavily reliant on two old men.
I overlooked the Hawks my own damn self but the more I think about it the more I like them.
JSmoove,Al Horford, Teague, Lou Williams, Korver,Morrow. they're weak at the 3 spot and defensively, their backcourt aint all that, but I like this team more than Indiana and Boston.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
the Hawks might be the second best team in the east. Czs have bigger names, but they're still heavily reliant on two old men.
I overlooked the Hawks my own damn self but the more I think about the more I like them.
JSmoove,Al Horford, Teague, Lou Williams, Korver,Morrow. they're weak at the 3 spot and defensively, their backcourt aint all that, but I like this team more than Indiana.

Indiana is going to be a lot better with FreeJ instead of Collison

KingGondo

Banned
How is Maynor going to help martin? Maynor is a 12mpg player, martin is, traditionally, a 32mpg player.

If anything, Maynor is going to cut into Martins minutes, and thats if the thunder don't try and develop lamb also.

You can't run Maynor, YNB, Martin at the same time.
Martin's role will be to fill KD's role when he's not on the floor (come off screens, take three-point shots and be aggressive).

Maynor is another credible offensive threat who will help relieve pressure on him and get the ball to him in good position.

Hawks aren't even better then the Pacers, or Knicks or even the RIP Bulls, 0_o 2nd best team in the east

all i know is Heat are the #1 seed, Doc will probably rest KG and Pierce at the end of the season and lose some games and get the 3rd or 4th seed.

Jeff Green time

Cmon Danny Delonte deserves his 3rd chance! Cut Joseph and add that back up PG they need

if Danny didn't get all those players then i would have welcomed this, Delonte was sick B^)

I watched the entire Olympics (even the blowouts) and don't remember that gif scene. So good.

I really think you guys are underestimating the Thunder. Harden was amazing last year, at least up to the playoffs where he disappeared quite a bit. OKC still has the best pure scorer in the league and Why Not running the point.

What killed them last year against the Heat (besides, you know, that LeBron dude going bananas) was the lack of solid perimeter defenders and the lack of a consistent three option of their own. Miami's perimeter play buried them. Harden sort of provided a three ball option on offense, but without consistency. He isn't a stellar defender.

I don't think the Thunder filled either of those weaknesses immediately in this trade, but they saved cap space and got several draft picks. If there's one thing they've done in the past, it's drafting well. I trust them with these picks.

I hope the Beard tears it up with Lin down in Houston, by the way. I can't think of a more likable player, except for Durant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom