• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

Ibaka is an unfinished product. FFS people, he's only 22.

Ninja: the problem is that we need someone who can at least slow down guys like Bynum and Dwight one-on-one, and most guys who can do that (Chandler's the only one I can think of off the top of my head) are far more expensive than Perk. We're already committed to YNB and KD at max levels, which limits our flexibility. Ibaka's contract limits it even further, but I believe Ibaka will live up to the money he's getting.

At this point, it's apparent that Presti views Harden's contributions as more replaceable than Ibaka's.

Asik, M.Gasol, Collins brothers, varejao

there are plenty of guys who can defend the post for cheaper.

I think perkins is worth his contract to OKC, bu thats because ibaka is so horribly deficient in so many areas. Doesn't mean perk isn't actually over paid though.

Ibaka is the problem, and to an extent, thats on brooks.

Ibaka has the sort of athletic ability that would enable him to finish at the rim easily. And he's a good FT shooter. He should be in the PnR or slashing to the rim, every other play and getting 15 shots per game. But he isn't.

He's a shot blocker on defence, and can't anchor a defence. He doesn't call out rotations, doesn't trap all that well, and isn't fantastic (he's good, just not amazing) at his own rotations. He uses his shot blocking to cover up a lot. And thats why perkins is needed on the floor. (Also collison).

Ordered my League Pass for the first time. I'm officially hyped.

QP9Bg.gif

Jeff-DSA

Jeff, true, but moving into your home to use your league pass is. I'll be there soon and like a cat, once you feed me I will never leave.

Nice. All I ask is that you hit the pinball/arcade glass with Windex once in a while and make sure you leave a streak free shine. Other than that, just don't touch my wife or harm my kids.

Nice. All I ask is that you hit the pinball/arcade glass with Windex once in a while and make sure you leave a streak free shine. Other than that, just don't touch my wife or harm my kids.

Sounds like a deal! I also have a couple of requirements: don't ask me to wear Jazz gear AND periodically you will come with me to Tee-Pee dIEHARD's home.

KingGondo

Banned
Asik, M.Gasol, Collins brothers, varejao

there are plenty of guys who can defend the post for cheaper.

I think perkins is worth his contract to OKC, bu thats because ibaka is so horribly deficient in so many areas. Doesn't mean perk isn't actually over paid though.

Ibaka is the problem, and to an extent, thats on brooks.

Ibaka has the sort of athletic ability that would enable him to finish at the rim easily. And he's a good FT shooter. He should be in the PnR or slashing to the rim, every other play and getting 15 shots per game. But he isn't.

He's a shot blocker on defence, and can't anchor a defence. He doesn't call out rotations, doesn't trap all that well, and isn't fantastic (he's good, just not amazing) at his own rotations. He uses his shot blocking to cover up a lot. And thats why perkins is needed on the floor. (Also collison).
Good points all around.

As I've made clear before, I expect big strides from Ibaka the next two seasons. He's a hard worker and has the ability to become a top 5 PF.

He's not there yet though.

Jeff-DSA

Good points all around.

As I've made clear before, I expect big strides from Ibaka the next two seasons. He's a hard worker and has the ability to become a top 5 PF.

He's not there yet though.

Top 6 if they decide to move G-TYME to PF, but they won't. Wait, top 7, because according to voters, LBJ is already a PF.

Nori Chan

2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| Keep Frankman, bring back Duki
2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| Morey used Harden! It's not very effective...
2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| Wow 2.0
2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| Where there's a Silver lining for no Stern
2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| Stern was a Lakers hater
2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| smokey sucks dix n cox

That sucks

Dude just sucks at basketball

John Ireland told a really sad story about him when he was entering the league

-he almost went to draft night in a sweatsuit until his agent bought him a suit for draft as well as a suit for media day.

-his agent took him out to dinner to celebrate and Kwame brought a bottle of thousand island in his pocket.

-he didn't keep clothes in his closet, had nothing but a bed in his apartment.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
to be fair, if he didn't want the criticism he shouldn't go out of his way to get paid millions.

That's hardly criticism

And the idea that someone makes millions so it is my right to say what I want about them is lame

2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| Keep Frankman, bring back Duki
2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| Morey used Harden! It's not very effective...
2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| Wow 2.0
2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| Where there's a Silver lining for no Stern
2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| Stern was a Lakers hater
2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| smokey sucks dix n cox
You're terrible at this.

2012-13 Oct/Nov Regular Season Thread |OT| 'He's Back!'

giri

That's hardly criticism

And the idea that someone makes millions so it is my right to say what I want about them is lame

It's may be lame, but if he wanted to avoid it, stop being in the public eye.

Guy has admitted he's bad at bball, but still takes the money. Not his fault people are willing to pay him. If he was affected by this stuff though, it is his fault for continuing to do it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
2012-13 Oct/Nov Season |OT| More shitty nicknames for the Lakers starting center

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It's may be lame, but if he wanted to avoid it, stop being in the public eye.

Guy has admitted he's bad at bball, but still takes the money. Not his fault people are willing to pay him. If he was affected by this stuff though, it is his fault for continuing to do it.

He is paid to rebound and play D
Like so many other big men

Why isn't perk human trash? Or so many others

Let's do a final tally of what the final regular season standings will look like

West-
San Antonio
Okc
LA
LAC
Denver
Houston
Dallas
Utar

East-
Miami
Phili