• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Yup they waived Rautins - is their lineup entirely non-white?
CollisonRedFro.jpg

Jeff-DSA

The Jazz might be as long as OKC, but not as athletic. The Jazz are a long team again this year.

Favors
Jefferson
Evans
Hayward (big for SG)
Kanter
Marvin
Millsap (when at SF)
Several midget PGs

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
west:

spurs
lakers
nuggets
thunder
clippers
jazz
grizz
wolves

east:

meat
celtics
knicks
pacers
who
gives
a
fuck
Is fuck a a new way to spell Cavs? Tell me fuck is a new way to spell Cavs.

Or will I just be yelling fuck all season, like every other year...

charsace

lamb is so goofy looking, those fucking arms

A6aPJOSCMAEXLwv.jpg

Amazing Lamb
How Sweet the Jumper
Why isn't that Wretch on the Knicks

A new season is about to begin. MeloVP campaign is starting. Hopefully he takes us to the promise land.

And there's nothing wrong with his mustache.

The Knicks are a really good defensive team as long as Amar'e isn't playing because Tyson Chandler is that awesome.

The issue is that Melo is the only offensively gifted player on the roster and he's not nearly good enough to have LeBron or Nash or Durant or CP3 level impact.

Did you watch the knicks last season? Defense wasn't the problem.

I don't even....

Amare is out at least 6 weeks. So thats good news for the Knicks.

On a more serious note, hope you New Yorkers (and everybody else up there north) are doing okay. So sad seeing my old city fucked up :/

Yea that's why most people want Amare off the bench. If they ran Amare and Melo at the same time they are atrocious, but if Amare is willing to come off the bench it could work. That's a big *if* in my book though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yea that's why most people want Amare off the bench. If they ran Amare and Melo at the same time they are atrocious, but if Amare is willing to come off the bench it could work. That's a big *if* in my book though.

It's definitely worth trying. Melo was at his best last year at the 4 and Amare could work great off the bench. Not sure why they are so adamant trying to get Melo + Amare to work together when its clearly not working.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It's definitely worth trying. Melo was at his best last year at the 4 and Amare could work great off the bench. Not sure why they are so adamant trying to get Melo + Amare to work together when its clearly not working.

Because they gave Amare millions of dollars

Even Rashard Lewis was a starter. Amare needs steroids.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Fun Fact!!!

The last time Amare missed at least 6 weeks to start a season was ‘05-’06. His replacement was Kurt Thomas and his team made it to the Conference Finals that year.

The Knicks have 3 PF's behind Amare on the depth chart and this team has been custom made with Melo in mind the second they fired D'antoni.

was there some kind of final straw that got Delonte's ass waived? I know he was suspended again, but there must have been something after that second suspension that pushed Cuban over the edge.

Vire

Stay safe east coast GAF!

Also, less than 24 hours...

I'm ready for the Heat to lay an egg. Teams just never seem to get up after the ring ceremony.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
if Danny didn't get all those players then i would have welcomed this, Delonte was sick B^)

Why not another? They need a real backup pointguard. Joseph is not worth the roster spot anyways.

the Hawks might be the second best team in the east. Czs have bigger names, but they're still heavily reliant on two old men.
I overlooked the Hawks my own damn self but the more I think about it the more I like them.
JSmoove,Al Horford, Teague, Lou Williams, Korver,Morrow. they're weak at the 3 spot and defensively, their backcourt aint all that, but I like this team more than Indiana and Boston.

Really? Boston built their team to run this year and to make sure they could rest the older guys. THey're loaded with depth. The Hawks are still the same old Hawks.

Knicks might be 2nd,we will see. lol at nuggets at number 2. lol thinking bynum will bring Philly to number 3 alone too.

Nuggets are going to be damn good. I wouldn't be shocked.

The Hawks are a completely different team this year compared to last other than Smith and Teague.

In: Horford, Lou, Harris, Korver, Morrow, Stevenson
Out: Iso, Marvin, Hinrich, T-Mac, Vlad Rad, Willie Green

That's most of the rotation. I think they've improved their talent level.

Why not another? They need a real backup pointguard. Joseph is not worth the roster spot anyways.

Really? Boston built their team to run this year and to make sure they could rest the older guys. THey're loaded with depth. The Hawks are still the same old Hawks.

Nuggets are going to be damn good. I wouldn't be shocked.

no they arent, with iso Joe gone, they are a run n gun team with athletic finishers and a great shooting core.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
no they arent, with iso Joe gone, they are a run n gun team with athletic finishers and a great shooting core.

They didn't make enough significant upgrades. They definitely have the talent, but IMO they've always had that to be better, but their decision making is so poor, particularly Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom