• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

9535891397_82d4ff2932_o.jpg

9538681024_4fc34fcff2_o.jpg

One3rd

Yeah I managed to remove the HUD in Red Faction Guerilla aswell, but it also removes the menu so I'm waiting for the guy to add hotkeys so you can toggle it on/off.

Now that would something I'd be interested in. That game had the best destruction engine.

Such a pain in the butt trying to get a screenshot of this moment. The guy on the far right doens't seem too interested.

9537173732_829a65fc1e_o.jpg
He's just looking at the bigger alien off-screen!

Darkdeus

Very nice Crysis shots neo! The chivalry shots from One3rd have been great too.

More Skyrim with mods and Phinix Enb. I really wish I could run the game at 4k. I only get like 2 fps though. There's still so many jaggies at 1440p : (

9532065351_5d60daeec6_o.jpg

9532077243_4c6d2264b8_o.jpg

Dude how many pixels do you really need when running Crysis?!

yes

(edited with answers to stuff I'm being PMed about)

9540069591_ce60259b56_o.jpg

Yes, the grass looks funky. No, downsampling won't fix that. I guess I should only screenshot things that look absolutely perfect.

9540074357_a5dd109777_o.jpg

Psycho in his prime. He did not age well. Yes, there is slight depth of field in that one.

JordanN

Banned
Beat the game but it's still fun to come back to.

Viewing Manhattan skyline from Brooklyn (shame the World Trade Center is gone).
iwUef58TzuLQ.jpg

Going stupid fast on a motorcycle
ib0dO84lU7vtT.jpg

These go boom

9542863594_0a759d0f0f_o.jpg

I'm sorry I didn't see you there

9540076873_e2ab2b59a3_o.jpg

I'll chill out on the Crysis shots. 2 PMs now from people telling me they don't like my screenshots\settings\mods.

midhras

I'll chill out on the Crysis shots. 2 PMs now from people telling me they don't like my screenshots\settings\mods.

I always love people who think criticism is best kept private instead of shared frank and out in the open. It's the same kind of love I have for people that think threats are best made anonymously and keys are best pulled over car hoods in the dark.

On the other hand, maybe they just read NeoGAF's TOS, and thought either defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, or harassing comments should best be kept off the record. Now, I didn't read these things, but I'm no stranger to missives that I'm invariably never allowed to share beyond the confines of personal communication. And that stuff is never very constructive, let alone helpful.

If you're going to share ONE shot less than you would have if you'd not gotten those PM's, you're out of your mind.

P.S. No problems here with not liking someone's shots and saying so, don't get me wrong.

FACE

Banned
These go boom

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3689/9542863594_0a759d0f0f_o.jpg[IMG]

I'm sorry I didn't see you there

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7408/9540076873_e2ab2b59a3_o.jpg[IMG]

I'll chill out on the Crysis shots. 2 PMs now from people telling me they don't like my screenshots\settings\mods.[/QUOTE]

I think we have more than two posters here that appreciate your Crysis shots, so screw these people :)

I think we have more than two posters here that appreciate your Crysis shots, so screw these people :)

Screenshots are just something I do for fun. Sometimes I find it more fun than actually playing the game. However for some reason, I feel like I should only be posting "good" screenshots. And when people critique the stuff I post, I become a lot more hesitant to post in the future. That's just something I need to adjust in my own attitude. I'll never be as good as DET, and therefore should stop taking it so seriously.

Games are fun. Screenshots of games should be fun. "Good" screenshots are subjective anyways. Someone wise once said that I'll never please everyone and I should really only aim to please myself (that was Midhras... which he said today).

I'm all for constructive criticism and sharing helpful tips though. I've only really installed 3 Crysis mods, so if something in my shots looks particularly bad and there's a mod for it, feel free to let me know. I was kinda lazy and just wanted to jump in. Spending 4 hours trying to figure out why my tiledshot doesn't work didn't really help :(

WELL THAT SHUT EVERYONE UP. Alright. I'll throw in some screens.

Check out this stealthy mofo with a shotgun...

9540069243_3a9353f5cf_o.jpg

Mmmm. White, sandy beaches. I really wanted Far Cry 3 to have this level of detail. That game seems so barren compared to this.

9542865824_d37b8f958c_o.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

MAN I was super salty because I spent hours sorting something out and I thought I finally figured out a way to get SweetFx to work with the game but it ended up not working. MAN that sure sucked.

Screenshots are just something I do for fun. Sometimes I find it more fun than actually playing the game. However for some reason, I feel like I should only be posting "good" screenshots. And when people critique the stuff I post, I become a lot more hesitant to post in the future.

What kind of critques have you been getting PM'd?

I think that variety is the spice of life and even if it's the same game, as long as the screenshots vary enough there's no issues.

I don't think theres any issue with the quality of shots, just the quantity and variety.

You've been putting out a lot of great Crysis shots but some of them start to bleed together is how I feel.

Screenshots are just something I do for fun. Sometimes I find it more fun than actually playing the game. However for some reason, I feel like I should only be posting "good" screenshots. And when people critique the stuff I post, I become a lot more hesitant to post in the future. That's just something I need to adjust in my own attitude. I'll never be as good as DET, and therefore should stop taking it so seriously.

Games are fun. Screenshots of games should be fun. "Good" screenshots are subjective anyways. Someone wise once said that I'll never please everyone and I should really only aim to please myself (that was Midhras... which he said today).

I'm all for constructive criticism and sharing helpful tips though. I've only really installed 3 Crysis mods, so if something in my shots looks particularly bad and there's a mod for it, feel free to let me know. I was kinda lazy and just wanted to jump in. Spending 4 hours trying to figure out why my tiledshot doesn't work didn't really help :(

WELL THAT SHUT EVERYONE UP. Alright. I'll throw in some screens.

Check out this stealthy mofo with a shotgun...

9540069243_3a9353f5cf_o.jpg

Mmmm. White, sandy beaches. I really wanted Far Cry 3 to have this level of detail. That game seems so barren compared to this.

9542865824_d37b8f958c_o.jpg

No worries Neoenigma. I loke your shots quite a bit.

I would turn on Motionblur though :D :p

Spazznid

I always love people who think criticism is best kept private instead of shared frank and out in the open. It's the same kind of love I have for people that think threats are best made anonymously and keys are best pulled over car hoods in the dark.

On the other hand, maybe they just read NeoGAF's TOS, and thought either defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, or harassing comments should best be kept off the record. Now, I didn't read these things, but I'm no stranger to missives that I'm invariably never allowed to share beyond the confines of personal communication. And that stuff is never very constructive, let alone helpful.

If you're going to share ONE shot less than you would have if you'd not gotten those PM's, you're out of your mind.

P.S. No problems here with not liking someone's shots and saying so, don't get me wrong.

On that note, here's something we can all appreciate!

9547785681_d6b90a9408_o.png

9547779011_8ce992bf11_o.png

I don't know if you were following these forums back then, Neo, but A select few people in this thread didn't like the Cinematic Mod shots I was posting.

Solution, Post more of them!

:D

Just a limitation in my own creativity. That and I need to be more picky.

Why? I hate motion blur. Unless it's a racing game.

I like its "implied motion" in stills and in motion shots (that is from objects, screen blur is quite crap tbh). It is something our eyes and cameras see and looks quite natural when video games have it too.

KKRT00

Sir You're being Haunted entered beta and M&M Legacy is in early access today and still no shots?

Gaffer, You are so disappointing!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Just a limitation in my own creativity. That and I need to be more picky.

Why? I hate motion blur. Unless it's a racing game.

I don't think I'd call it a limitation in your creativity, I think the picky part has a lot more bearing on it. 8 great shots of the same green forests are all still great shots but they feel less grabbing when they're all in a familiar setting.

Also, motion blur can be great in game, but it ruins way too many shots for me to keep it on while screenshotting is my goal.

One3rd

Just some random shots from this game I picked up on the weekend. Testing out UE3 commands, pretty much everything works.

9550202035_fdd8811b8c_o.jpg

9550201003_f2204ecd98_o.jpg

Love the last Skyrim posts.

One3rd

I swear this game has stolen bullet point plot idea's from every sci-fi game in the past decade.

9551525781_186a04ffa4_o.jpg

Knight

9554314420_cbfc59626e_o.jpg

So...I wonder what this switch does?

Top Bottom