• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Spazznid

9596419862_c55788e6e6_o.png

9596419268_931763f1d9_o.png

Spazznid

Loving the Mass Effect screenshots, Spazznid. Shame the sequels weren't as good.

highres_screenshot_00016_by_dio141-d6jqbb7.png

highres_screenshot_00014_by_dio141-d6jqbe9.png

Likewise.

And as for the sequels, I'm hoping that going directly, and using my actual saves this time will aid with the crappiness of them. I think three is downright boring, but I'll hopefully learn to appreciate some parts more. (Note to self, don't cheat on Liara this time! That fox who gives you your emails is only trying to tear you apart!)

Spazznid

9597301626_55c8d1fcbd_o.png

9594509953_52b0344f49_o.png

Throw chicken bones at me and cluck if I'm posting too many shots. I never got the chance to truly go nuts on this game with crazy AA and 4K with Textures. If it's any consolation, I'm nearing the end...

of Mass Effect 1

Smokey

Question about UBI PC titles -- I play at 2560x1600 and they always have black bars at the top and bottom. I've tried going into the .ini of the game -- Splinter Cell Blacklist in this case - but I can't seem to get rid of them. I had this same issue with Assassin's Creed II. Is it a 16:10 issue, or am I missing a setting in the config file?

FACE

Banned
Loving the Mass Effect screenshots, Spazznid. Shame the sequels weren't as good.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/237/8/c/highres_screenshot_00016_by_dio141-d6jqbb7.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/237/8/9/highres_screenshot_00014_by_dio141-d6jqbe9.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I TIRE OF MEAAAAAD... I THIRST.. FOR BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Question about UBI PC titles -- I play at 2560x1600 and they always have black bars at the top and bottom. I've tried going into the .ini of the game -- Splinter Cell Blacklist in this case - but I can't seem to get rid of them. I had this same issue with Assassin's Creed II. Is it a 16:10 issue, or am I missing a setting in the config file?

Ubisoft don't care about any aspect ratio taller than 16:9.

One3rd

I quite like this triptych thing with portrait shots. Although quoting a quote doesn't really work in this situation!

The use of lighting in some of these areas is really nice. I wish it was COD in space though. I think the biggest scare I had was a clown you come across in the first section of the game...truly terrifying.

9597444313_9c54e70da3_o.jpg

"Looking In"

This guy almost looks happy to be on the wall. Because he's...
9597445717_a7d6b5154c_o.jpg

"The Lucky One"

I quite like this triptych thing with portrait shots.
Portrait is kinda nice in that game.... though tiledshot is not. Most of the time it makes the game look a lot worse, oddly enough.

The use of lighting in some of these areas is really nice. I wish it was COD in space though. I think the biggest scare I had was a clown you come across in the first section of the game...truly terrifying.
That game isn't scary at all. Even if you never played Dead Space before. If you're really desperate for a camera hack, I can get around to sorting mine out. Though you can always grab the Dead Space 1 table I posted and see if that isn't too annoying. It'd be pretty much the same as in 3.

Here's a shot I took with the sniper rifle which I thought looked kindacool :)

9595789275_e198648daa_o.jpg

And now it's time to DANCE FOR MY ENJOYMENT

9598581236_6105ac1888_o.jpg

antitrop

Is it that unoptimized?
It's optimized pretty well for 1080p, although I am capping it at 30fps on a GTX 590, maxing out all the settings, and injecting SMAA with SweetFX. I'm actually getting 40-50fps like that, but the game heaves and jerks all over the fucking place, so I just cap it at 30 and it's "smooth".

Things start to get pretty dicey when you try to inject MSAA, though. 1.5GB of VRAM just ain't cutting it, my shit crashed at 4K.

It's optimized pretty well for 1080p, although I am capping it at 30fps on a GTX 590, maxing out all the settings, and injecting SMAA with SweetFX. I'm actually getting 40-50fps like that, but the game heaves and jerks all over the fucking place, so I just cap it at 30 and it's "smooth".

Things start to get pretty dicey when you try to inject MSAA, though. 1.5GB of VRAM just ain't cutting it, my shit crashed at 4K.
Oh, i forgot you had that 1.5GB limitation. Wish i could try the game, but i don't really like MMO's.

Games are not optimized to run smoothly at the downsampling resolutions we throw at them :p
Maybe you're right, although i guess it depends, really.

midhras

As a biologist, best shot of the page bar none. And that is a fact. Because I say so.
I like that the triptych thing is catching on. I hope that the powers that be won't mind, but Stallion Free not kicking up a stink makes it sort of a de facto concession, riiight?

Spazznid

As a biologist, best shot of the page bar none. And that is a fact. Because I say so.
I like that the triptych thing is catching on. I hope that the powers that be won't mind, but Stallion Free not kicking up a stink makes it sort of a de facto concession, riiight?

I don't play ME in Portrait, so I usually just find shots that would look better trimmed and put into one.

These don't exactly go perfectly well together, but meh.

I don't play ME in Portrait, so I usually just find shots that would look better trimmed and put into one.

For me it was just a matter of changing the resolution in SRWE from wide to portrait. The game auto adjusts to whatever the window size is, rather than squishing\stretching. Then I just did a tiledshot.

I prefer to capture a screen at a native portrait resolution because that way you get the image quality of having all those original pixels. Cropping is never a good idea for image quality. And I suppose the challenge for me is to capture shots that suit the aspect ratio best. Damn shame I love 2.37:1 so much because it's not always practical...

Top Bottom