• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

hiab.jpg

o1q3.jpg

Great run on ME1, looking forward to seeing some interesting shots from your ME2 playthrough and neoenigmas ME3 shots. I'm not sure why but I just couldn't get into ME at all. Would play for a bit and lose interest...time I think, I have a short attention span. =)

At this point I don't know if I'll ever get around to it. It's so time consuming with taking 5 minutes to launch with modified textures... and if the game crashes, I really don't have the motivation to open it back up. And I'm quite busy lately.

I'd just as soon point you here and here for some amaaaaaaaazing Mass Effect 3 screenshots. Nothing I'd do would be worthwhile in comparison.

Syringe

Was trying to grab some nice screens from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (the game is stunning!), but I can't figure out how to get rid of all the HUD. Please help me contribute to this thread by enlightening me.

Spazznid

At this point I don't know if I'll ever get around to it. It's so time consuming with taking 5 minutes to launch with modified textures... and if the game crashes, I really don't have the motivation to open it back up. And I'm quite busy lately.

I'd just as soon point you here and here for some amaaaaaaaazing Mass Effect 3 screenshots. Nothing I'd do would be worthwhile in comparison.

This mod doesn't need Texmod to work, and installs directly to the game files, and IIRC, you can even choose between different textures, as well as adding your own or something. Worth looking into, because I'll be using it again when I get to it in my series playthrough.

Also, try 10 minutes with ME2, at least mine doesn't crash, so I just leave the game open all day in the background.

It's nice to hear praise for my shots so far, guys. I was worrying I'd been bothering some of you with all the posts. I've been trying to keep the shots unique to a degree, and have also been more strict on QC when deleting shots.

Still, if I am going overboard, let me know.

9613464165_16b6e042ce_o.png

9616693928_845f757040_o.png

This mod doesn't need Texmod to work, and installs directly to the game files, and IIRC, you can even choose between different textures, as well as adding your own or something. Worth looking into, because I'll be using it again when I get to it in my series playthrough.

Doesn't seem to support a whole lot of textures though. Unless I read it wrong and it can support any custom texture?

Anywho, here's a few.

9613299475_6554d3e49c_o.jpg

9616532566_966c268d15_o.jpg

Not forcing AO or anything... as I usually never do. Is it worth it for this game?

9613301515_2150252a86_o.jpg

9613326929_e307243ce2_o.jpg

Are these super bright? Super dark? I calibrated brightness for my home monitor... but here at work, my left monitor shows them really bright and kinda washed out. On the other monitor they're pretty dark lookin. Sigh....

Stein3x

9613301515_2150252a86_o.jpg

9613326929_e307243ce2_o.jpg

Are these super bright? Super dark? I calibrated brightness for my home monitor... but here at work, my left monitor shows them really bright and kinda washed out. On the other monitor they're pretty dark lookin. Sigh....

I think they look great ,maybe a bit bright (last shot) but i like them.

Looks gorgeous, I really want to play, but am waiting for a sale. I can't afford all these things!

I always wanted to screenshot Lost Planet 1 but i couldn't find any way to disable the HUD ,3 seems fine although the reviews are kinda meeeeeh

Spazznid

9617450254_a0ab227fe4_o.png

9614213299_55310c335f_o.png

I spent so much time with these dancers that I feel compelled to say I have a problem. I deleted more than a hundred shots to get the ones I have, and I have some more...

Terrible thing is, I'l be going back for some different angles as well, because Bioware thought it was ok that the dancers don't grab the pole, but grab an imaginary invisible pole next to it...

midhras

James, to me the shots look okay as well, even if the last one is slightly on the bright side. But you know how I feel about shots that are a bit washed out (I think I'm trying to make amends for my dark and moody shots from yesteryear).

9597555928_30c0763c3f_o.png

9609054537_b8e898607e_o.png

antitrop

Was trying to grab some nice screens from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (the game is stunning!), but I can't figure out how to get rid of all the HUD. Please help me contribute to this thread by enlightening me.
Press Scroll Lock to hide the UI elements and the press Home to switch the camera between third and first person.

EDIT: But I haven't even been able to play the fucking game since Saturday, because of the overloaded servers.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
highres_screenshot_00008_by_alo81-d6k5euq.jpg

highres_screenshot_00007_by_alo81-d6k5evs.jpg

Just played around with it long enough to get a feel for how it looks in motion.

I really, really like the art style.

midhras

Betrayer looks pretty cool. Is there enough of a game currently for an interesting play through or should I wait until it's fully released?

If you disregard the opening tutorial sequence at the beach, there's only one area to explore (gorgeous area by the way). Devs tell me there will be seven more at least. In the small part that's released now you can get a taste of what the game will be like, but it's still pretty alpha. I think the look is mostly there, but gameplay, enemies and weapons are pretty basic. There's a bit of the story you can explore, but it's pretty barebones. You can rush through in an hour, and if you want to pick up everything you'll be wandering these woods for a bit longer. There's a gameplay mechanic that sort of doubles the time you spend in the area.

If you want a big thing to sample, you'd best wait. If you're going to pick it up anyway, just dive in.

Top Bottom