• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

I still think Lost Planet character models look too "Dead Space 3" to me, and I hate their design in that game.

Other than that, Lost Planet 3 seems to actually have done a decent job with texture quality. Thankfully I have no urge to play it and am happy living vicariously through Holyfridge's screens.

Had to restart ME3 again. SO many headaches with this game and Origin. I can see why nobody bothers doing custom textures for other UE3 games.

9623172420_8d8271ab41_o.png

9623173020_9fdb7e6db7_o.png

kanuuna

I wish Mass Effect looked as good in motion as it does on stills. Frostbite should do wonders to that game when it enters next-gen. I really hope they can pull off another trilogy - perhaps with a more complete final chapter, too.
And then a new Deus Ex. And Cyberpunk, now that I think of it. I just want my next-gen sci-fi adventure already!

I wish Mass Effect looked as good in motion as it does on stills.

I think it looks much better in motion. At least for me.... 3840x2160 + 4xSGSSAA + high res textures... it looks pretty great. So much is lost in stills I think. I took a ton of screenshots of Sur'kesh which I thought looked fantastic in-game but kinda meh in screens.

I am intrigued by Frostbite 3 but I fear we'll lose all our timestop+freecam screenshotting fun once that happens.

I wish Mass Effect looked as good in motion as it does on stills. Frostbite should do wonders to that game when it enters next-gen. I really hope they can pull off another trilogy - perhaps with a more complete final chapter, too.
And then a new Deus Ex. And Cyberpunk, now that I think of it. I just want my next-gen sci-fi adventure already!

ME3 really does look kind of "off" in motion. Environments seem small scale and I don't know how to put it, "flimsy"? They don't feel like worlds, but rather constructed dioramas. That is, of course, true of any game, but most games can pull off the illusion and ME3 just can't.

Spazznid

ME3 really does look kind of "off" in motion. Environments seem small scale and I don't know how to put it, "flimsy"? They don't feel like worlds, but rather constructed dioramas. That is, of course, true of any game, but most games can pull off the illusion and ME3 just can't.

I can agree with the diorama comparison.

All this Mass Effect talk! And I just picked up the 3rd one for 6 bucks, yay.

I must admit, I did not play the second in its entirety, but... I'm too lazy. I'm not sure I'll get through all of this one.

And as far as screens go, I'm not sure how much I'll do, since you guys have really been doin it up :)

This is a shot I've kinda seen before, but I like it.

masseffect3_2013_08_29_04_57_17_081_by_roderickartist-d6k7btt.png

Spazznid

All this Mass Effect talk! And I just picked up the 3rd one for 6 bucks, yay.

I must admit, I did not play the second in its entirety, but... I'm too lazy. I'm not sure I'll get through all of this one.

And as far as screens go, I'm not sure how much I'll do, since you guys have really been doin it up :)

This is a shot I've kinda seen before, but I like it.

masseffect3_2013_08_29_04_57_17_081_by_roderickartist-d6k7btt.png

It's Liara, so it's ok!

It's Liara, so it's ok!

I don't understand how all of the aliens look fantastic, including the humanoid ones like Liara, but all of the humans look god awful. I choose the option to have ashely still alive (I did play ME1), and I don't not remember her looking that disturbing.

Also, I feel the need to voice my other gripe, that the discussion Shepard has with the council-peoples in the beginning makes utterly no sense. Actually... the whole intro.

Yet, I am still interested in the rest of the game :p

Ahh, I love Liara. Shame the high res textures for her defualt suit don't include her gloves. I switch her to an alternate armor set that's also retextured as soon as I can. Also....

Here's Liara typing on an invisible keyboard

9623173902_c26cc1b899_o.png

It's there.... but only one with biotic powers can see it.

Blizzard

Banned
Star Citizen hangar again, medium settings. The last post was medium settings too on a GTX 770. As far as I am aware changing the settings does not currently change much visually.

starcitizen2013-08-309wult.jpg

starcitizen2013-08-30y8u0q.jpg

Top Bottom