• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

7va2.jpg

xoc6.jpg

One3rd

That game isn't scary at all. Even if you never played Dead Space before. If you're really desperate for a camera hack, I can get around to sorting mine out. Though you can always grab the Dead Space 1 table I posted and see if that isn't too annoying. It'd be pretty much the same as in 3.
I agree with you there, what I meant to say was "I wish it wasn't COD in space". Some of the atmosphere is neat, but definitely no scares...yet.

As for the camera hack, I'll try out your DS1 one first and see how I go with it. It's about time I started looking into using CheatEngine anyway. =)

Spazznid

For me it was just a matter of changing the resolution in SRWE from wide to portrait. The game auto adjusts to whatever the window size is, rather than squishing\stretching. Then I just did a tiledshot.

I prefer to capture a screen at a native portrait resolution because that way you get the image quality of having all those original pixels. Cropping is never a good idea for image quality. And I suppose the challenge for me is to capture shots that suit the aspect ratio best. Damn shame I love 2.37:1 so much because it's not always practical...

I never had luck with that program, although I really only tried it on Bioshock Infinite. May have to give it another go... You're right about the pixel ratio, though.

Also, I can't Tile shot most of the time in Mass Effect, because of the stupid darkened edges. Only way to turn that off is to turn all the other post process effects off, it seems.

I agree about that AR, though. So many shots I'm tempted to do that way, but sometimes you gotta be thankful you still have the raw...

like this one!

9601982669_2bb2c77c20_o.png

9605218146_a540b359cd_o.png

Spazznid

9605218626_589031d020_o.png

9601981413_51c0303446_o.png

I really wish Bioware was as good at tech as they are with art... or... were... nah, ME3 still had some really nice environments.

Who do you guys think does animation worse, Bioware, or Bethesda?

I vote Bioware, I think most of Bethesda's issues are attributable to their choice of engine

Also, I can't Tile shot most of the time in Mass Effect, because of the stupid darkened edges. Only way to turn that off is to turn all the other post process effects off, it seems.

Tiledshot in Mass Effect requires you to play the game in 1600x900 (or similar) and use "Tiledshot 10 500" in order to remove the vignette. 10 tiles with an overlap of 500.

Also worked for 1600x675 and 1200x1600.

But yeah. Don't do it! Using all those tiles and a really high resolution actually removes much of the games post processing on its own. And Mass Effect really NEEDS that post processing. Of course, the only thing it doesn't need is the vignette. Shame you can't turn that off individually.

kuYuri

Aliens vs. Predator (2010)

Apologies, these aren't the highest settings or anything, but just a sample of random screenshots I took. Game has great character models, too bad it's a bit generic. Only really enjoyed Predator campaign and some parts of Colonial Marine campaign. Maybe someone with a better PC can do the visuals justice.

avp_dx112013-08-1500-7nsfp.png

avp_dx112013-08-2210-yysiw.png

tfc 1 for freeze flycam instead of just tfc.

Awesome, thanks.

72850_2013-08-27_0000bess9.png

72850_2013-08-27_0000t6sdf.png

Really digging this new sunglare mod I installed. Gets right in the eyes.

My game's nghts got a lot darker, though, for some reason. I think it either has to do with this Night-eye mod I have, or it's just really unlucky lighting from outside.

Also looks like there's two horses doing it in that second screenshot.

Spazznid

I leave you with my two favorite ME1 shots. At least, without going back and looking through them all. I feel like I managed to capture a little bit of that feeling I had when I first played the game, and it's great. I've since started ME2, last night I got all the mods I'd need for the moment, and this morning, before/after work, I spent entirely too much time messing with save-editors, and Coalesced editors. But I feel like I've gotten it to a good point. I've taken well over a hundred shots so far, and will be weeding through them tonight.

I look forward to replaying it, despite everything.

9612353046_0539ea9bbe_o.png

9612481834_d36abee386_o.png

I may have edited that last one a bit... If needed, I have the original raw 4K image as well as the 1080p without text.

hlhbk

bmu.jpg

So I just finished chapter 1 and holy shit WHAT AN AMAZING PORT. Its like night and day when compared to the consoles! Can someone post the link how to get Mass Effect to look like that?

Spazznid

bmu.jpg

So I just finished chapter 1 and holy shit WHAT AN AMAZING PORT. Its like night and day when compared to the consoles! Can someone post the link how to get Mass Effect to look like that?

Enjoy!

Easy as hell to install, and no bugs to speak of. Also no need for Texmod, like with ME2... Takes me about 5-10 minutes to start ME2 because of Texmod...

Spazznid

This is wonderful.

So, about three hours in to Mass Effect 2, I decide that the Grain Filter is just way too obnoxious. It's borderline ruining a lot of my shots, and I decided to go with an ENB solution that has built-in higher quality Grain, so pardon my first few batches for having the vanilla Grain.

9610073519_ae1bd3f835_o.png

9613307218_ff0843962d_o.png

One3rd

How do you properly decrease the size of a picture? Is photoshop the best way?

I assume you mean downsampling a large rendered image to something smaller. Check out the first page of the thread under "The Tools" section. I use FastStone myself and it is pretty easy to find your way around it.

The wonky eye adds some character.

Great run on ME1, looking forward to seeing some interesting shots from your ME2 playthrough and neoenigmas ME3 shots. I'm not sure why but I just couldn't get into ME at all. Would play for a bit and lose interest...time I think, I have a short attention span. =)

KKRT00

Who do you guys think does animation worse, Bioware, or Bethesda?

I vote Bioware, I think most of Bethesda's issues are attributable to their choice of engine

There are some amazing animations in ME 3 multiplayer, so Bethesda.

Also tech issue is already solved with Frostbite 3 :) Cant wait for new Mass Effect, it will be bonkers. I hope for tons levels with hazard environments, but in Frostbite 3 scale, also more levels like that planet from ME 2, where sun was burning Your characters You had to move through shadows - loved it.

===
Cant wait for similar shots of Stratis.

Top Bottom