• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Lime

Dark Souls

data2013-01-0323-11-1yjo0k.png

data2013-01-0323-18-3c2plq.png

Dennis

Banned
Really Amazing shots Dennis.

Thanks.

Far Cry 3 is a stunning achievement in gaming once the dumbing-down aspects have been removed by tweaking.

It becomes so immersive and engrossing......my 2012 GOTY so far (I still have to finish Mass Effect 3 and Sleeping Dogs)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Alright some comparison shots. The first few were with SMAA injected, these are with SGSSAA. Dropped from a steady 60 to bouncing between like 30 - 45 fps with SGSSAA and didn't look much better in my eyes.

EDIT: I found some alternate compatibility bits (in the header) that give *much* better performance. Yay.

ixyirKms04Cpl.png

ibqpr9LPKmG4BG.png

RooMHM

Hey spiderman wears AirMax now?

edit: All the more praise to him for posting these nice Far Cry 3 screenshots!

Wanny

Best I can do with New Vegas... not entirely proud. It lacks that something that FO3 had. Still much better gameplay tho. About to call it a day and just enjoy the mods and DLCs.

screenshot122601ytl3k.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
MP is pretty lacklustre too.

Such a boring game overall and Criterion can't optimize a game for shit.

I guess just disagreement. Once you learn that all the traffic cars are made of lead, I had a real blast with multiplayer.

Joining in on the Dolphin fun.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (stable framerate... so far)

tnk.png

vnk.png

So tell us about those High-def UI buttons.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
You know I think the performance boost I got by changing bits is because the AA was shut off altogether. There is just so much blur and DOF that it's hard to tell.

ibhmEPLAWNNQN9.png

iGHBYDj2PFJRn.png

Spazznid

I'm liking the controls so far, the first few missions are laughably easy, so we'll see if it gets harder tomorrow. Pretty solid so far, no disconnects, maybe some blur glitching, but the one thing I dislike is their Cash Shop. You have to PAY for more levels. As in more abilities, and more mod slots....

We'll see...

i7pbQxqp6Nr7J.png

iRidMrCg4y5p8.png

xNAPx

Banned
Everything I've ever played with 4x and 9x SSAA, the only difference I've ever noticed is in performance.

I just use smaa and fxaa in combination with radeon pro and downsampling, that's enough to eliminate any sort of aliasing in wii and gamecube title

Xyber

I just use smaa and fxaa in combination with radeon pro and downsampling, that's enough to eliminate any sort of aliasing in wii and gamecube title

I don't understand why you add FXAA on top of SMAA? Any upsides at all to doing this?

Decided to give Spider-Man a shot after the screenshots in the thread and wow that game runs horrible on my computer. 30-40 fps and some insane stuttering pretty much all the time. This is with max settings and 2560x1440. Got to a point where the image actually froze when I looked in a certain direction, but I could see around the edges that the game was still moving just fine behind it.

My guess is that it just doesn't like my 6950 or the current beta drivers I'm using are causing some sort of problem.

These are the only "good" shots I managed to get because it was almost impossible to get anything good with the crappy performance when swinging around.

ihKrbsFSjfENS.png

ibyv2fgJrIGyDH.png

Top Bottom