• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

This Camillo stuff is stupid.

Hey, League...can we have some damned transparency please?! Maybe, y'know, let people know what's going on? Kthanks.

Dartastic

Are we going to start a 2014 thread to talk about the 2014 season, or is this just gonna be the defacto thread until the season starts?

fakefaker

Hey, League...can we have some damned transparency please?! Maybe, y'know, let people know what's going on? Kthanks.

I'm with ya. If the MLS ever wants to be taken serious, they're gonna have to deal with it and make sure the fans get answers. Especially us poor caps fans...grumblegrumble.

Socreges

Banned

I'm with ya. If the MLS ever wants to be taken serious, they're gonna have to deal with it and make sure the fans get answers. Especially us poor caps fans...grumblegrumble.
What am I missing here? What has the league done wrong? The rules are pretty clear. And it's pretty clear that Camilo violated them. Why should the spotlight be on the league and not Camilo (+ agent)?

Askani

What am I missing here? What has the league done wrong? The rules are pretty clear. And it's pretty clear that Camilo violated them. Why should the spotlight be on the league and not Camilo (+ agent)?

Admittedly, it was a fully kneejerk reaction on my part when I was catching up on early news when no one knew what was going on. I was wrong wrong wrong wrong. It sounds like it's totally on Camillo and his Agent.

That being said, while I was wrong in the case, the league being so closed and behind the scenes and making up things on the fly is what gave me my perception in the first place.

blurrygil

There's also some weird regional restrictions on it, aren't there? So like, if I want to watch a Timbers away match I might not be able to? Fffff. Ugh.

Also, the idea of Gaston Fernandez, Diego Valeri, Steve Zakuani and Darlington Nagbe in the front sounds awesome. I'm hype.

I also renewed my Thorns season tickets today. There are now 12 games in the season, so that's pretty cool. I'm hoping our ladies take home another title! :D

Enjoy the gimp. I sincerely doubt he'll ever be close to the same as he used to be before the injury. If he's ever in the XI in league matches, the only reason Porter is doing so is because they're mates n' all.

Has Martin Rennie landed anywhere? Brah needs to light up the NASL again. Thought he could do good things with the caps but he has aout as effective as Omar Salgado.

Socreges

Banned
Admittedly, it was a fully kneejerk reaction on my part when I was catching up on early news when no one knew what was going on. I was wrong wrong wrong wrong. It sounds like it's totally on Camillo and his Agent.

That being said, while I was wrong in the case, the league being so closed and behind the scenes and making up things on the fly is what gave me my perception in the first place.
Fair enough. I'm not familiar with other such shenanigans. *shrug*

Osorio

yeah Fuck him for wanting a second New York team, perish the thought.

You have to admit it came across as a clear money grab. There were other alternatives, and he went for the check. Considering the league isn't in the sad state of affairs it was in in 2006, there was no need to be hasty about NYCFC.

Askani

Random rumor mill time. BradleyWatch begins.

Taylor Twellman ‏@TaylorTwellman 9m
Ready for a blockbuster? I'm hearing @torontofc on the verge of signing Michael Bradley. Would be a huge coup for @MLS and @torontofc #USMNT

Random rumor mill time. BradleyWatch begins.

Taylor Twellman ‏@TaylorTwellman 9m
Ready for a blockbuster? I'm hearing @torontofc on the verge of signing Michael Bradley. Would be a huge coup for @MLS and @torontofc #USMNT

How can they afford all these players?

xbhaskarx

How can they afford all these players?

You know they are owned by MLSE, right? This is pocket change for them, they are one of the big dogs when it comes to spending money, they just haven't done it right so far.

What I don't get is wouldn't Laba, Gilberto, and Defoe (assuming that's happening) put them at the max three DPs already?

This makes no sense.. they have the money but when Defoe is announced on Monday, that will be TFC's third DP.. so how can they sneak another one in?

Oh my goodness, I didn't know other people here liked MLS.

I'm a kinda new fan as of this past summer and, as a New Yorker, support the Red Bulls (first actual game I watched was Dax's header against RSL). Hope you don't hold it against me, haha.

xbhaskarx

What I don't get is wouldn't Laba, Gilberto, and Defoe (assuming that's happening) put them at the max three DPs already?

This makes no sense.. they have the money but when Defoe is announced on Monday, that will be TFC's third DP.. so how can they sneak another one in?

thestar
In order to make room for Bradley on the roster, TFC would have to trade current designated player, Argentine Matias Laba. That deal would not have to be done for several weeks. There remains hope at TFC that he might be loaned out rather than dealt.

Hieberrr

We better fucking keep Laba. Young CDM that is already amazing and still with huge potential -- we have to keep him. I'd be fucking pissed if we don't.

Osorio

I'm a kinda new fan as of this past summer and, as a New Yorker, support the Red Bulls (first actual game I watched was Dax's header against RSL). Hope you don't hold it against me, haha.

Wtf man? Say it proud.

Been a fan since '96, season ticket holder since 2005

Elchele

Do you guys think Defoe is worth the money? I really don't see the point in wasting so much in a average-good PL player like him. Wouldn't someone like Klose be a much better option?

Dartastic

Enjoy the gimp. I sincerely doubt he'll ever be close to the same as he used to be before the injury. If he's ever in the XI in league matches, the only reason Porter is doing so is because they're mates n' all.
I'm SURE that Porter is only doing it because they're mates. *rolls eyes* Whatever. I'm not worried. He's going to slay it. Just you watch.

Also, that's a huge move for Toronto FC. Gaddamn.

Wtf man? Say it proud.

Been a fan since '96, season ticket holder since 2005

I meant that I've only been a fan for, maybe, half the season.

Cool to see you're a big fan. I got super hooked after watching that match. Wound up going to two matches (against Dallas and Chicago for the Supporters' Shield) and, if I had the money, I'd totally become a season ticket holder this year. I do plan on going to a bunch of matches throughout the summer though.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

Welcome!

So Bradley to TFC? I wonder when we're making our moves...

1 more payment and I will be an official 2014 Red Bulls Season Ticket Holder. Yay!

Osorio

I know he is. I was only saying "rats" because I was assuming they could keep both somehow but am slowly realizing that they can't.

Maybe it's because he's a DP and the history of DPs has leaned towards the nadir of a successful player's career but the guy is only 25. I'd be beyond elated if I were a TFC fan. It's not a guarantee for a playoff spot but at least the FO has been true to their word and delivered on some promises. Defoe and Bradley are quite the haul.

Osorio

I meant that I've only been a fan for, maybe, half the season.

Cool to see you're a big fan. I got super hooked after watching that match. Wound up going to two matches (against Dallas and Chicago for the Supporters' Shield) and, if I had the money, I'd totally become a season ticket holder this year. I do plan on going to a bunch of matches throughout the summer though.

I dunno how broke you are but it's usually better to get plans since they let you pay in like 3 month to 6 month plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom