• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Wow. Definitely going to have to look into it now. Thanks for the heads up.

The earlier you order a season ticket plan, the more months they give you to pay it off (The cap is 6 months, I think.). I got mine in October so they gave me 4 payments of ~120, at the end of every month.

Speak of the devil, I just got my email confirming the mailing address for my tickets. itshappening.gif

Osorio

The earlier you order a season ticket plan, the more months they give you to pay it off (The cap is 6 months, I think.). I got mine in October so they gave me 4 payments of ~120, at the end of every month.

Speak of the devil, I just got my email confirming the mailing address for my tickets. itshappening.gif

Same!

Where are you sitting?

xbhaskarx

Like that's going to happen

Comments from 2012

I'd be surprised if NY didn't add a third DP, who knows if it'll be Xavi or not... but right now they have fallen to fourth place in the MLS superclub splashy DP signing list after LA, Seattle, and Toronto.
Remember like two years ago when they were rumored to be after Stephen Ireland? Was that under the same management, because if so they accidentally dodged yet another bullet there (along with settling for Mike Petke instead of Paulo Sousa).... failing to get Ireland and ending up with Xavi would be quite amusing.

Osorio

Xavi would be exactly what we need in our diamond midfielder. Seriously, we haven't had a true creative midfielder since the days of fucking Amado Guevara! And as last year's winning stretch showed, playing the Peguy experiment in the middle moving Cahill to his natural position up top was our best formation. We reverted back to having Cahill at the top of the diamond in our 2nd leg against Houston and look what happened. We lost.

Henry is the supposed reason why we're looking at Xavi and we've had nothing but an amiable relationship with Barca. He can't get a spot over Busquets, Fabregas, or Iniesta so why not come here?

Though, if he is one of the players that refuses to play on turf I wouldn't mind if we turned it down. It would be ridiculous to have to play a B squad for Seattle, Portland, Vancouver, and New England away.

Nesotenso

I don't watch La Liga but has Xavi fallen out of favor at Barcelona? What about his national team ambitions?

edit: saw that his current deal runs till 2016. I don't think he is coming before then if he does at all.

My wife ordered me this scarf for my birthday:

FINALBOSS_scarf_FNL.jpg

UncleO

I'll be taking a trip to the draft on thursday, cant wait to boo Garber( just for the hell of it). And im dang sure going to boo the Union FO and coach. Dont not like them at all.

andycapps

Crew just picked up Michael Parkhurst from the Revs for their first round selection in this week's Superdraft, plus allocation money.

Osorio

Draft is pretty useless outside of Generation Adidas players.

Then again, we picked up Tim Ream and Ryan Meara in the later rounds.

Dartastic

NWSL news - Thorns just got the best goalie in the world. NICE. LET'S GET THAT CHAMPIONSHIP AGAIN, LADIES.

http://www.timbers.com/news/2014/01...eper-nadine-angerer-wins-2013-fifa-ballon-dor

Sad to see Leblanc go though. She's a badass. But uh, now we have one of if not THE best female striker in the world in Alex Morgan, and the best goalie in the world with Nadine Angerer. So uh, yeah. Woot. AND I'VE GOT SEASON TICKETS. WOOOOOO

With all these huge waves going through MLS right now, I wonder what the Timbers are going to start announcing soon. There are already a bunch of really, really obvious clues if not outright name drops but nothing's been announced yet...

I also applied for two internships with the Timbers. Wish me luck!
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

xbhaskarx

Rumors are that Galatasaray are trying to sign David Villa to replace Drogba, who is supposed to be coming to MLS

If true, where could he be going? LA, Seattle, and Toronto are maxed out on DP spots... NY has one left so that has to be it... the only other teams I can see making such a big move are Portland, Montreal, KC, and maybe Vancouver.

If true, where could he be going? LA, Seattle, and Toronto are maxed out on DP spots... NY has one left so that has to be it... the only other teams I can see making such a big move are Portland, Montreal, KC, and maybe Vancouver.

Is Seattle maxed out on DP players yet? haha it's the first thing you said.. oops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom