• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

I don't use bicubic sharper, I don't see the point when you're ready downsampling.

edit: well fuck you minus! I'll post a shot using bicubic sharpening.

Sethos

Banned
I don't use bicubic sharper, I don't see the point when you're ready downsampling.

Because downsampling packs pixels tighter together which can create a smudged look, hence you use Bicubic Sharper to counteract it. However as pointed out, over a certain resolution it can have a negative effect.

Because downsampling packs pixels tighter together which can create a smudged look, hence you use Bicubic Sharper to counteract it. However as pointed out, over a certain resolution it can have a negative effect.

Posted a boob shot, no bicubic sharpening, I don't think anyone can argue it's smudged ;P

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ibj3GSoJ6KFwPj.png

Grief.exe

How are some of you guys downsampling from such massive resolutions?

I'm seeing 5760p and 14400p.

The maximum my monitor will downsample from is 1894p

I want to participate in this thread so badly, but Sleeping Dogs gives me a black screen whenever I take a screen shot.

I've used both Afterburner and Steam, and its still only black.

I haven't found a fix yet, but its a common problem.

Durante

How are some of you guys downsampling from such massive resolutions?

I'm seeing 5760p and 14400p.

The maximum my monitor will downsample from is 1894p
These are tiled shots, basically the engine taking lots of individual snapshots and stitching them all together.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
A feature prevalent in ( some ? ) unreal engine 3 (?) games.

Someone cook me up some tile shot ME screens.

Grief.exe

Thanks for the replies, guys sounds interesting.

Someone should tell Spazznid about it, he loves playing ME games with downsampling and mods. I believe hes doing a ME3 playthrough right now.

I wish I could find a fix to my Sleeping Dogs problem.

I want to participate in this thread so badly, but Sleeping Dogs gives me a black screen whenever I take a screen shot.

Grief.exe

Well, according to his comments in the High-res thread, he doesn't like this one very much.

Yep, but he loves playing through ME1 so you might see some from him eventually.

Is The Last Remnant worth playing?

I lost faith in Square in this gen.

From what I've heard its decent, but its about our only JRPG available on PC so its pretty prevalent in people's libraries.

Its funny that Square decided to test the JRPG/PC waters with this game.

AndyBNV

Nvidia

Try EVGA Precision X, it can save 100% quality .pngs (Fraps crashes my games at 3840x2160).

Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army, 3840x2160, game settings maxed, in-game 4x Supersampling enabled, screenshot downsampled to 1920x1080.

nza_2013_03_03_17_42_mhjsi.png

The menu ran at 1.7FPS. Tried to launch the Hitler cutscene and it crashed.

Grief.exe

Try EVGA Precision X, it can save 100% quality .pngs (Fraps crashes my games at 3840x2160).

Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army, 3840x2160, game settings maxed, in-game 4x Supersampling enabled, screenshot downsampled to 1920x1080.

nza_2013_03_03_17_42_mhjsi.png

The menu ran at 1.7FPS. Tried to launch the Hitler cutscene and it crashed.

The image capture service isn't the issue.

If Afterburner, Steam, and print screen are all turning up a black screen it has to be something inherent with the program.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Update to the latest version. This issue should be fixed.

Yea? The patch notes only mentioned something about Aero. Time to get the new version up on the corp servers!

The image capture service isn't the issue.

If Afterburner, Steam, and print screen are all turning up a black screen it has to be something inherent with the program.

Print Screen black screen happens all the time for me in exclusive fullscreen. As for the other apps, not used them for screenshotting.

Sethos

Banned
I changed the rendering options of SLI in Nvidia control panel and it still wasn't changing it.

I don't really want to disable SLI since the whole point is to get into the bullshot thread.

Oh I know, never found a solution but it's an SLI problem. Might be with the compatibility bits or something.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
As soon as Tomb Raider launches I'll be posting an awesome 3840x2160 downsampled shot that will console users cry.

It's a great game on PC. Really interesting battle system, some pretty nice sidequests, and it has HD towns!

I seem to remember the main selling point at the time of its release being the fact that it ran at +30 FPS, unlike the console version.

Darkdeus

Thanks! That game does look really good but unfortunately the shadows are baked in so there's no way to change the time of day. It always looks like that. The mountains and trees, and some buildings are all 3d tho.

BraXzy

Durante is trying like hell to sell me Last Remnant. I'm regretting missing out on the GMG deal the other day.

Haha that's what I kept thinking. Got it in my backlog, supposed it'll get its position moved up a few in the queue now!

Also, dayum on that flight sim shot

Sethos

Banned
This thread is starting to shine like a little diamond, awesome contributions everybody.

( And you dirty bugger Dark, stealing my games and compositions :p )

IoCaster

What each key does should be pretty self-explanatory (F9 resets the FOV to default). Shadow resolution can be increased in RushEngine.ini.

This is pretty awesome info. Much thanks. Is there any way to get a free cam that you know of?

EDIT: This has pretty much prompted me to start a new game so I can chronicle my play through with glorious screenshots tiledshots.

Top Bottom