• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Might as well post the gun shot I used in the other thread.

cry15kc4j.png

So if I understand the rules right I could still post 1920x1080 screenshots? I ask because it's impossible for me to get any downsampling working. I have a 6850 and am already past the driver version were downsampling works :/ CRU doesn't work either and yes I'm aware that I could uninstall and reinstall the older Catalyst drivers but the last time I gave my 6850 into the hands of the generic Windows driver my screen was a garbled rainbow-mess and it took me half a hour of random clicking to get Catalyst back...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So if I understand the rules right I could still post 1920x1080 screenshots? I ask because it's impossible for me to get any downsampling working. I have a 6850 and am already past the driver version were downsampling works :/ CRU doesn't work either and yes I'm aware that I could uninstall and reinstall the older Catalyst drivers but the last time I gave my 6850 into the hands of the generic Windows driver my screen was a garbled rainbow-mess and it took me half a hour of random clicking to get Catalyst back...

If you think the game you're looking to post screens from has enough AA-options to battle jaggies and create an aliasing free image without resorting to downsampling then knock yourself out.

If you think the game you're looking to post screens from has enough AA-options to battle jaggies and create an aliasing free image without resorting to downsampling then knock yourself out.

Thanks for the answer! :) And alright then I will see what I can do, the last time I did something like this was when I played Oblivion on my x1600XT :p

Haroon

brutallegend2013-02-2byutx.png

Second time posting on a screenshot thread. Please let me know if there's anything wrong and I will try my best to fix it in a timely manner.

Boogdud

As soon as I bitch about names of the games not being in the shots, the last ones had them.

Or I can't read. Either are just as likely

xJavonta

Banned
Doesn't take away from the fact he's 100% right. In the PC screenshot thread, people bitched galore about "bullshots" and nonplayable settings, some suggesting a new thread dedicated to such. So we now have a thread specifically about bullshots and non playable settings and people post their regular screenshots....it's a lose lose. And really it's not like this thread is 90 pages long, and it's not like GAF members lack reading comprehension.

Still doesn't facilitate that type of behavior.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Im using a memory hack by my friend. Dont know if im allowed to share it..

But there is probably more noclip hacks out there, just google it:)
Edit: Check Atsuo24s link, that will probaly work.

You should ask your friend if he could hook us up! The more high quality dynamic shots the merrier

R1CHO

How does it look? Is the contrast/bright fucked up?

Because my monitor buttons don't work and i don't really know if it is calibrated or not.

Good thread by the way, some very nice shots.

iVFzTXmpvxQkM.png

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I don't know what the extreme AA is on SD, but it makes the game horrible. I got 3fps at 3600x2025.

Am I crazy or are there still some jaggies even after all that?

Edit: Oops. Forgot I was browsing the shots on the previous page. Sorry for the late post.

Lime

Man what I wouldn't give for, say, an SC: Ghost game done in Blizzard's SC2 cinematic engine :<

Or just SC2 singleplayer gameplay in the cinematic engine :/

The art style change between Fisher Price mission-gameplay and the actual non-mission command is really jarring for me.

antitrop

Or just SC2 singleplayer gameplay in the cinematic engine :/

The art style change between Fisher Price mission-gameplay and the actual non-mission command is really jarring for me.
I understand your point, but the actual in-game engine of StarCraft II is incredibly impressive as well, especially with the new physics of the HOTS beta.

If there was some way to remove all the HUD elements, I would put some shots in this thread. I know you can shrink it to minimalism, but it's still too obtrusive for this thread.

Lime

I understand your point, but the actual in-game engine of StarCraft II is incredibly impressive as well, especially with the new physics of the HOTS beta.

If there was some way to remove all the HUD elements, I would put some shots in this thread. I know you can shrink it to minimalism, but it's still too obtrusive for this thread.

True, the in-mission environments are especially impressive - my problem is mainly the look of the units. But I understand why Blizzard went with the particular style in terms of gameplay plus ease of identification and overview.

I haven't followed the HOTS news that much. What are the graphical improvements from WoL?

Lime

re5dx92013-02-2300-38jnqb3.png

I hope I'm not stretching the conditions of admissions, but I figured a downsampled 2560x1440 with 4xSSAA is sufficient :/

Sethos

Banned
I hope I'm not stretching the conditions of admissions, but I figured a downsampled 2560x1440 with 4xSSAA is sufficient :/

The image is clean and that's all that matters. There's no rules that you NEED to downsample or the game to be running the magic 1fps :p

Nice shot.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
:3

ib2wvlKHsG8LlP.png

That's suppose to be plate armor by the way (I have not removed any article of clothing for this shot)

Do you mean it was actually displayed at 7680x4320?

Like you have a legitimate image file at that size?

If yeah, how did you do it? Only game I've managed to be able to do that in is Dark Souls and that's because DSFix lets me take a screenshot before it downsamples.

Lime

Do you mean it was actually displayed at 7680x4320?

Like you have a legitimate image file at that size?

If yeah, how did you do it? Only game I've managed to be able to do that in is Dark Souls and that's because DSFix lets me take a screenshot before it downsamples.

Unreal Engine's tiledshot command.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

As you demonstrated with the shot, 1440p with some great AA can lead to pristine screens when downsampled to 1080p. 4k is going to be more important if you can't get a better form of AA to help though.

Top Bottom