• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
brutallegend2013-02-2z5rhb.png

shot000084ar11.png

I'm going to love going through my old games for this thread :)

No offense, but what makes this pic different from something that could be posted in the high res thread? I see nothing mind blowing in quality with this picture. Same with the pic LiquidMetal posted and some others have posted from time to time.

RiZ III

re5dx92013-02-2300-38jnqb3.png

I hope I'm not stretching the conditions of admissions, but I figured a downsampled 2560x1440 with 4xSSAA is sufficient :/

Capcom are the masters of fire effects in games. I remember being wowed by the fire in Onimusha 3 even.

LiquidMetal14

No offense, but what makes this pic different from something that could be posted in the high res thread? I see nothing mind blowing in quality with this picture. Same with the pic LiquidMetal posted and some others have posted from time to time.

I could say something rude but I'm not. If you don't like it, put me on ignore. I ain't got time to be criticized on an internet forum for something novel. I already adhered to the stringent guidelines as we discussed last night.

MrBig

I'm not sure what it is you're criticizing here. I pushed the game as far as I could while still being able to actually launch, there isn't much more I know that I could have used to squeze a cleaner image out of it. If you're talking about the fog or quality of the textures there is nothing that can be done about that, it's just the original art for the games.

I see this thread as a forum for capturing games at their best, and that's what I intend to do when I open games for posting pics in here. For the screenshot thread I'm just capturing shots in the middle of gameplay with no set purpose, at optimal playable settings.

I could say something rude but I'm not. If you don't like it, put me on ignore. I ain't got time to be criticized on an internet forum for something novel. I already adhered to the stringent guidelines as we discussed last night.

Why would you say something rude? I pose, what I think, a legitimate question to you and you immediately get on the defense and say "you ain't got time"? Don't even know what that means. You're taking it personally like I'm attacking you or something. It's just a question.

I'm not sure what it is you're criticizing here. I pushed the game as far as I could while still being able to actually launch, there isn't much more I know that I could have used to squeze a cleaner image out of it. If you're talking about the fog or quality of the textures there is nothing that can be done about that.

I see this thread as a forum for capturing games at their best, and that's what I intend to do when I open games for posting pics in here. For the screenshot thread I'm just capturing shots in the middle of gameplay with no set purpose, at optimal playable settings.

I just think your pic highlights what this thread is about. If that's criticizing, then so be it. I have more of a "problem" with the pic you posted than LiquidMetals (and like I said, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it's just completely unremarkable and doesn't follow the same image quality etc most people adhere to.) I see jaggies and just overall a meh pic. One that in my opinion, doesn't summarize what *this* particular thread is about.

antitrop

I would certainly rather see posts like LiquidMetal's (which I think looks great, I don't see the issue) than the same exact Crysis 3 area for the 30th time.

LiquidMetal14

Why would you say something rude? I pose, what I think, a legitimate question to you and you immediately get on the defense and say "you ain't got time"? Don't even know what that means. You're taking it personally like I'm attacking you or something. It's just a question.

I take offense because I'm minding my business. Otherwise, I am neither here nor there on how you feel on the issue. It's not a big deal but I take notice when I'm mentioned.

You've attacked me and I must adhere to the internet badass doctrine! I do have a screen shot after all these shananagans which I will save for my next post.

I take offense because I'm minding my business. Otherwise, I am neither here nor there on how you feel on the issue. It's not a big deal but I take notice when I'm mentioned.

You've attacked me and I must adhere to the internet badass doctrine! I do have a screen shot after all these shananagans which I will save for my next post.

Well you must be caring because you're replying to me and to my thoughts. Either way, I wasn't intending to offend you, hence why I said "no offense". This is a public forum, I'm also not in the business of making enemies with people I don't know. BUT, I will put my views out there, since we're all adults. And if I see something I'm not agreeing with, most of the time I will keep it to myself.

But in sexy screenshot threads? I can't help myself. :)

Edit: @LiquidMetal: Lovely jubbly.

Skyrim. Maxed Out. Downsampled @ 2720 x 1530. Using ENB Mods and with high res texture pack.
8511063735_6213f0329c_k.jpg

Hope I am following the rules here....

Please don't kill me

Lime

@The English Conquistador

Just to clarify: You also have to keep in mind that Stallion Free had a pretty offensive fit against Liquidmetal on the earlier pages, which might motive Liquidmetal to be more defensive and reactionary towards objections.

Just a guess

LiquidMetal14

udk2013-02-2621-56-18pyrm8.png

I had a better shot but I couldn't remove the hud from it ><

I should also edit my post titles as my shots are actually 1800p aka 3200x1800.

@The English Conquistador

Just to clarify: You also have to keep in mind that Stallion Free had a pretty offensive fit against Liquidmetal on the earlier pages, which might motive Liquidmetal to be more defensive and reactionary towards objections.

Just a guess

Ah I wasn't present, but getting commented on twice probably isn't a great feeling. I'm sorry if I bummed you out LiquidMetal, I meant no harm.

LiquidMetal14

trine2_32bit2013-02-2o9ovr.png

My fps was actually quite playable at around the 40fps mark. I suspect with these settings and heavy action I would be screwed :p

antitrop

I've been waiting for that Metro shot. I thought about reinstalling the game last night to get a shot for this thread, but never bothered. I still haven't finished it yet, either. I really should.

Fitz

risen2upubu.png

Technically it's 1x1 pixel short of 1920x1080 because for some reason forcing AA in Risen 2 gives me a pink outline I had to crop out. Once I've got more time I'll take another at 2560x1440 but with higher forced AA I think, unfortunately the in game AA is pretty rough.

antitrop

Shot looks fantastic, except for those fuckin' trees.

Not your fault, obviously. Remedy's. That's the worst shit I've seen since the trees in Dark Souls.

Mithos

Skyrim / 3200x1800 8xMSAA / Bicupic Sharper

Hmm, when I run Skyrim @ 3200x1800 I get the text Level Up stuck on the screen, never goes away, not even with a reload save game or beginning a new game. 2880x1620 is my max without getting that text glitch.

Anything you heard about, know fix for?

LiquidMetal14

tesv2013-02-2623-21-5fzfwj.png

Hmm, when I run Skyrim @ 3200x1800 I get the text Level Up stuck on the screen, never goes away, not even with a reload save game or beginning a new game. 2880x1620 is my max without getting that text glitch.

Anything you heard about, know fix for?

Lower/Disable the hud opacity or whatever the wording is in the in-game options.

scitek

This thread's kinda fun. To me, 30fps is playable, and I'm finding a lot of games I can run at 3200x1800 + some other SSAA and still maintain 30+ fps with. I may go through and play some at bullshot quality.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This thread's kinda fun. To me, 30fps is playable, and I'm finding a lot of games I can run at 3200x1800 + some other SSAA and still maintain 30+ fps with. I may go through and play some at bullshot quality.

Let me tell you something scitek. You might like this thread, you might like 30fps, but my GTX 570? It does not like this thread. Not one bit.

Top Bottom