• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

Any highlights video from Japan game?

the past 25+ pages should suffice

mothra couldn't even win it for Japan

njjhyw.gif

WriterGK

I saw a summary of the Ivory Coast- Japan game. What I could tell after that only 4:30 minutes..
Kalou was pretty awful. Drogba wasn't involved in any of the two Ivory Coast goals but him coming in made a mental boost for the players. Honda made a terrific goal. Aurier has a great cross and Kagawa was invisible....
And Bony is a great striker :D

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Who's watched every game so far this WC?

I have, but I think I'm going to tap out for tomorrow's Swiss v. Ecuador game. I'm getting a severe lack of sleep and I'm falling behind on work. I'll still watch the Argentina and France games later that day. And I'll DVR the Swiss v. Ecuador game in case it turns out interesting.

I have, intend to keep going but I'm going to a gaming night at a mate's tonight and I think he's gonna be real opposed to putting it on his other TV...

Jasup

I actually missed the second half of the England - Italy game. I fell asleep during the half time and woke up again to see the last few minutes of the game. Shame, I really enjoyed the first half.

I guess it's a part of getting old.

WriterGK

I actually missed the second half of the England - Italy game. I fell asleep during the half time and woke up again to see the last few minutes of the game. Shame, I really enjoyed the first half.

I guess it's a part of getting old.

Well its okay. You didn't miss much in the second half besides a good goal from Italy. It was pretty awful to see England struggle especially Sterling. And my god. I thought Baines was good. But he didn't hand in a single cross for the strikes to try get a header on goal.

Pretty awesome day yesterday. Lots of sun, beer, BBQ and obvs footbal and my Seleccion Colombia managed to get 3 golden points.

Today I'm rooting for my Ecuadorian buddies but the Swiss team is pretty solid so who knows, really, how that game will play out.

Swiss 1 - Ecuador 2

France 2 - Honduras 0 (sorry Pulga)

Argentina 3 - Bosnia 0

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, that one.

It's a shit one. Time and time again for Manchester United this season, despite good individual stats, Rooney's inclusion in the side has proven to be a detriment to the overall team performance. He believes his best position is behind the striker, where he refuses to do any actual coherent defensive work besides 'run around and put a shift in'. His first touch is far too lacklustre in order to take advantage of turning into space. He's far too eager to use the full backs as outlets despite our full backs being Patrice Evra and Chris Smalling more often than not. He plays with little regard for the structure and organisation of a team, and hasn't done since the year Ronaldo left. I can only assume he was jealous of his success and wanted to be the marauding roaming monster that he became, except he doesn't marry that marauding with actual ingenuity or effort more than half the time. He's capable of being a wonderful player individually, but far too often is at fault for huge elements of a team performance.

It's a shit one. Time and time again for Manchester United this season, despite good individual stats, Rooney's inclusion in the side has proven to be a detriment to the overall team performance. He believes his best position is behind the striker, where he refuses to do any actual coherent defensive work besides 'run around and put a shift in'. His first touch is far too lacklustre in order to take advantage of turning into space. He's far too eager to use the full backs as outlets despite our full backs being Patrice Evra and Chris Smalling more often than not. He plays with little regard for the structure and organisation of a team, and hasn't done since the year Ronaldo left. I can only assume he was jealous of his success and wanted to be the marauding roaming monster that he became, except he doesn't marry that marauding with actual ingenuity or effort more than half the time. He's capable of being a wonderful player individually, but far too often is at fault for huge elements of a team performance.

Play him as a striker or not at all, basically. And if you have a better striker fit and firing (whether that be RVP or Sturridge), then have the balls to drop him, like Fergie in his last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom