• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but apparantly Robben has a world record in football now:

http://nos.nl/wk2014/artikel/661442-robben-sprint-met-37-kmuur.html

VIDEO--Robben-37km-u-CSO140615FR_1.jpg
Not many players get faster the older they get, fair play to him.

Disagree.

Think they have neither the motivation nor the defence to go all the way.

I think the motivation stuff is bull. Great players always wants to win and remain motivated. The defence had not conceded this year before that game, plus no team at this tournament has a great defence.

Salvadora

I think the motivation stuff is bull. Great players always wants to win and remain motivated. The defence had not conceded this year before that game, plus no team at this tournament has a great defence.
Don't think it is myself.

Think there's very much a reason why, for example, the Champions League hasn't been retained. The last 10% of extra drive isn't there. You see it time and again on the pitch in these situations. As we have for Spain.

In regards to their defence, it's shit. The not conceding this year stat is wilding misleading considering the circumstances. It has yet to be seen whether there will be a great defence in Brazil.

LNBL

I still see Spain as the favourites for the competition. I can't imagine them being that bad again defensively. they also have a manager and players that know not to panic. If they get out the group then they are still the team to fear because they are just so hard to beat in knockout games.

Nope, I think Chile will even draw or win against them

Rikkun

Just gonna jump in late to say I sat quietly for every goal last night during Eng-Ita, but I had to keep the tears from flowing when Marchisio scored. So good, I love you Claudio. MOTM.

Hart is a joke, Pirlo should've punished him once more.

I hereby nickname it The Polo.

LOL

Don't think it is myself.

Think there's very much a reason why, for example, the Champions League hasn't been retained. The last 10% of extra drive isn't there. You see it time and again on the pitch in these situations. As we have for Spain.

In regards to their defence, it's shit. The not conceding this year stat is wilding misleading considering the circumstances. It has yet to be seen whether there will be a great defence in Brazil.

I have never been the biggest fan of Spain's defence and it has always amazed me that it performs so well. I don't think it will play that bad again and they should be stronger next time out.

I agree that there are no great defences at this world cup. Everyone looks like they can conceded a couple of goals and should make it an open tournament.

People were questioning Spain's desire before 2012, but they ended up silencing everyone.

Nope, I think Chile will even draw or win against them

I hope Chile win.

For anyone who does not already know this: just do a straight up google search for world cup and you'll get a sweet-ass thing that shows you everything you need to know about the schedules and lineups.
eedb76230e.png

WriterGK

Is Englands NT still rated like 5++++++++ stars in the current FIFA

I don't know why everyone keeps bashing on England , because they were a lot less worse than Uruguay was. That was goddamn awful. Cavani was pretty much useless and so were the other players.

Linius

Robben will style on some Aussies. Too bad I'm at work during the game. On the plus side, I'll have the superior commentary from the radio.

WriterGK

Robben is in shape like a motherfucker it seems.

Fingers crossed he can keep stuntin' on fools like this for the coming matches.
Scoring the winning goal against Dortmund in the Champions League final was really the turning point for Arjen. Ever since that moment he has been injury free and has been in lethal and world class shape.

Linius

I haven't seen the Swiss play in ages. But I'm curious to see how they'll perform. For the sake of Europe I want them to win.

WriterGK

So, Swizterland in a few hours, a team that has the questionable honor to be even more boring then Greece.

Yeah. But I haven't seen a single boring match since the tournament started, so I will going to watch it. My brother has this poker group with 16 people. Everyone got 2 world cup teams at random that need to win the world cup or end second. Someone got Brazil and Germany and my brother got Swizterland and Costa Rica.

moai

so what do you guys think about fifa using it's own ranking to determine head of groups?
i think it will not withstand another world cup, it has lead to unbalanced groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom