• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korez

Rooney-Ad.png

moai

Whoever loses the first game are not dead and buried still lots to play for at this point.

if you like statistics, loosing the first match means you are nearly fucked (i heard this on tv yesterday):

In sum: over the past four World Cups, 46 teams have lost their opening game. Only 4 of those 46 -- not quite 9% of them -- made it to the second round. That’s how bad things get if you lose the first one. Actually, those dismal stats are worse than they seem. Because three of the four losers that did advance could be termed special cases. Turkey advanced in 2002 -- but their loss had been to eventual winners Brazil. Same thing for Ghana in 2006, which advanced after losing to eventual winners Italy. In 2010 the team that lost its opening game was Spain -- which went on to win the tournament.

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/58669/losing-the-first-game-means-your-world-cup-is-almo.html

but of course they are only stats.

Rikkun

Guys do you have a good site for pics? I'm searching for a still of Marchisio and Pirlo close to each other at the end of the match but I can't find any good match, just a gif :(

inky

Oh man, I have this as a 1-0 in favor of SWI, but looking at the rain of goal these past 2 days and (some) South American teams I'm not so sure now.

I have been fairly accurate so far, including some luck with the scores too, but this one I'm not sure.

MINE IS

MvRIiwO.jpg

HONDURAS HONDURAS HONDURAS HONDURAS

I never knew you were so hot Pulga ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom