• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just gonna jump in late to say I sat quietly for every goal last night during Eng-Ita, but I had to keep the tears from flowing when Marchisio scored. So good, I love you Claudio. MOTM
tumblr_n76mqoKhJe1rt0zdlo7_250.gif

tumblr_n76ocd4z8N1s8z5rho1_500.gif

maybe if england incorporated all the other UK countries theyd actually stand a chance of doing something worthwhile at a WC :/

1: They don't want to be incorporated
2: We don't want them incorporated
3: Players like Ramsey and Bale are pretty rare, and Ramsey has only been great for a year. It would soon become an England team again, with perhaps one player in the first 11 from the other nations

WriterGK

So guys that Darmian rightback winger from Italy was quite good yesterday. Is he normally this good as well? I thought De Sciglio was going to start but that Darmian was outstanding.

so what do you guys think about fifa using it's own ranking to determine head of groups?
i think it will not withstand another world cup, it has lead to unbalanced groups.
Pretty horrible IMO. You should get more credit for topping your region qualification.

Pretty horrible IMO. You should get more credit for topping your region qualification.
They should just remove friendly results from the ranking computation, it'd lead to more believable results

e.g. top five in October 2013 was:
1. Spain
2. Germany
3. Argentina
4. Colombia
5. Belgium

With no friendlies it would have been:
1. Spain
2. Brazil
3. Germany
4. Argentina
5. Netherlands

I for one I think it's a better depiction of the actual state of the art.

Friendlies are there to experiment and try new solutions and tactics, it's stupid a team might see their chances in an actual competition affected because of that.

pulga

Banned
1: They don't want to be incorporated
2: We don't want them incorporated
3: Players like Ramsey and Bale are pretty rare, and Ramsey has only been great for a year. It would soon become an England team again, with perhaps one player in the first 11 from the other nations

you couldve had giggseh all these years m8

inky

so what do you guys think about fifa using it's own ranking to determine head of groups?
i think it will not withstand another world cup, it has lead to unbalanced groups.

Mexico was head of group once. We got a very straightforward group with Portugal, Iran and Angola =D
We barely made it out of that group phase, LOL.

I'd take that Mexico over any that has come since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom