• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitch9

Banned
I know but people are making it out like England were shit, no they played well, just didnt take their chances and winded from constantly chasing the ball

Certainly played as well as I've seen them. Beats trying to wang a long ball into Crouchie for 90 minutes.

Blablurn

don't worry, England are a gif machine

untitled-104dq49.gif

#DontLetItSlip

oh poor stevie g

I'd be interested in seeing the reaction on here if the Netherlands and Italy lost their next game each.

The sound of people crashing back down to earth would be amazing.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
England played well. Rooney is terrible.
If Italy is struggling against England like this, I doubt they'll get far this cup, or that they'll beat England should they come face to face again at some point in this tournament.

England played well. Rooney is terrible.
If Italy is struggling against England like this, I doubt they'll get far this cup, or that they'll beat England should they come face to face again at some point in this tournament.

It is not like we had to change our whole defensive plan a couple of days before the tournament started, or that we were playing in the middle of the jungle. We also never really stepped out of second gear. This was a very comfortable performance and the perfect start to the tournament.

It is not like we had to change our whole defensive plan a couple of days before the tournament started, or that we were playing in the middle of the jungle. We also never really stepped out of second gear. This was a very comfortable performance and the perfect start to the tournament.

England did have more shots than you, both on and off target. If they'd had better finishing the result would've been very different.

Hell, Rooney missed a golden opportunity that he stuck wide of the post when it was harder to miss than score (or at least force a save). I'm sensing your confidence may be slightly premature at this time.

England did have more shots than you, both on and off target. If they'd had better finishing the result would've been very different.

Hell, Rooney missed a golden opportunity that he stuck wide of the post when it was harder to miss than score (or at least force a save). I'm sensing your confidence may be slightly premature at this time.

We hit the woodwork twice and a goal line clearance. Sure England had more shots, but a lot were from outside the box. Apart from the early part of the game and Rooney's miss there was nothing much to be worried about.

Once we scored the second we shut down. Had we needed to we could have got another, but the risk in the heat was not worth it.

If Italy had a WC trophy for everytime people said this ... Oh wait, they nearly do. :p

Exactly, a lot of people seem to be shocked that we won. They seem to think we are a bunch of scrubs and forget that we reached the final of Euro 2012, and have only lost two competitive games in 90 minutes(Spain and Brazil) and a penalty shoot out defeat to Spain since Prandelli took over.

We'd better not go into the Uruguay match thinking 'as long as Italy beat Costa Rica tomorrow we can afford to draw, as long as Uruguay don't beat Italy by a larger margin than we beat Costa Rica'

That attitude would see us eliminated, not least because there're no guarantee whatsoever that we'll beat Costa Rica. 6 points is required. Since it won't be us and Uruguay going through, I hope Suarez isnt back on Thursday

We hit the woodwork twice and a goal line clearance. Sure England had more shots, but a lot were from outside the box. Apart from the early part of the game and Rooney's miss there was nothing much to be worried about.

Once we scored the second we shut down. Had we needed to we could have got another, but the risk in the heat was not worth it.

Italy will get better, they always do. They ease themselves into tournaments and get better as they go on, and "good" Balotelli has turned up which is a great plus.

Besides, I'm Welsh. I'm more than happy that you beat the English. And if you meet further in the WC I'll be hoping you beat them again... preferably on penalties as it's so much crueler for them.

Italy will get better, they always do. They ease themselves into tournaments and get better as they go on, and "good" Balotelli has turned up which is a great plus.

Besides, I'm Welsh. I'm more than happy that you beat the English. And if you meet further in the WC I'll be hoping you beat them again... preferably on penalties as it's so much crueler for them.

I was gonna say with a name like CelticKnight, you should be rooting for us.

Kinda weird that in a UK team, the 2 best players would be Welsh. Just give them to us.

Three, you should add Bale to Allen and Ramsey

Hyllian

Yay! I'm going to the next match! (Only game I'll be watching. This is the first in my city).

Rooting for Ecuador here, though I think Switzerland will take it this time.

England vs Spain would be intriguing based on these opening matches

I still see Spain as the favourites for the competition. I can't imagine them being that bad again defensively. they also have a manager and players that know not to panic. If they get out the group then they are still the team to fear because they are just so hard to beat in knockout games.

Salvadora

I still see Spain as the favourites for the competition. I can't imagine them being that bad again defensively. they also have a manager and players that know not to panic. If they get out the group then they are still the team to fear because they are just so hard to beat in knockout games.
Disagree.

Think they have neither the motivation nor the defence to go all the way.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

I would have thought so, but Del Bosque saying he felt physically sick at the loss does not inspire confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom