• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

R8TEDM3

Those are probably the cleanest Alien Isolation screens I've ever seen. Good work.

Thanks for the kind words, but it's still bloody rough around the lit-edges!

Only things i changed from last batch is, i set AF to bilinear in the game's options, and forced the HQ AF through control panel. Also added SweetFX this time around, but honestly i don't think it's helping that much, if at all!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Evil Within

15623665776_59b03a05b2_o_d.jpg

15461235798_796755198d_o_d.jpg

I like the look of your character. She looks like she fits in and is ready to kick some ass. Most females characters I've seen in Skyrim look absolutely ridiculous. That armor helps.

If you haven't read up on all the cool things you can do in Skyrim screenshots, give this a read. Particuarly the bit about Facelight. That can be used to punch up the lighting for your character shots.

UnrealEck

Still looks a bit out of place for me with those cute pigtails and pretty bows.
It's a nicely detailed model though and it's not nearly as OTT as many of the Skyrim females I see.

As a fan of CA, Lords of the Fallen lays it on a little thick.

Damn, you right! I hate CA effect in this game...

It looks nice afterall but nothing special for me. Poor textures quality, crappy CA everywhere and a ton of bugs. Meh!

Funny how the game's own "bullshots" don't have any CA in them.... aaaaaarrrrrrg.

Jim, I've found this commands in Binding_option1.txt of the game.

// dbg/dev
KC_F2 = VK_TOGGLE_3RD_PERSON_CAMERA
KC_TAB = VK_TOGGLE_DEBUG_PANEL
KC_P = VK_TOGGLE_DEBUG_PANEL
KC_F3 = VK_PUSH_EDITING_GAMESTATE_KEEP_CAMERA_XFORM
KC_F12 = VK_TOGGLE_GUI
KC_ESCAPE = VK_SHOW_MENU
KC_ADD = VK_INCREASE_GAME_SPEED
KC_SUBTRACT = VK_DECREASE_GAME_SPEED
KC_F7 = VK_RESET_GAME_SPEED

//KC_G = VK_DECREASE_GAMMA
//KC_H = VK_INCREASE_GAMMA
//KC_J = VK_RESET_GAMMA
KC_F2 = VK_ACTIVATE_FREE_CAM_GAME_STATE

It seem doesnt work for players but maybe there is a chance for the freecamera directly by game. What do u think?

It seem doesnt work for players but maybe there is a chance for the freecamera directly by game. What do u think?

Useless until someone finds a way to unlock it (if it's even possible). Maybe someone can do it via hex editing or some other kind of crazy magic that is beyond my skill level. But I'm not holding my breath.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Damn, you right! I hate CA effect in this game...

It looks nice afterall but nothing special for me. Poor textures quality, crappy CA everywhere and a ton of bugs. Meh!

// dbg/dev
KC_F2 = VK_TOGGLE_3RD_PERSON_CAMERA
KC_TAB = VK_TOGGLE_DEBUG_PANEL
KC_P = VK_TOGGLE_DEBUG_PANEL
KC_F3 = VK_PUSH_EDITING_GAMESTATE_KEEP_CAMERA_XFORM
KC_F12 = VK_TOGGLE_GUI
KC_ESCAPE = VK_SHOW_MENU
KC_ADD = VK_INCREASE_GAME_SPEED
KC_SUBTRACT = VK_DECREASE_GAME_SPEED
KC_F7 = VK_RESET_GAME_SPEED

//KC_G = VK_DECREASE_GAMMA
//KC_H = VK_INCREASE_GAMMA
//KC_J = VK_RESET_GAMMA
KC_F2 = VK_ACTIVATE_FREE_CAM_GAME_STATE

Useless until someone finds a way to unlock it (if it's even possible). Maybe someone can do it via hex editing or some other kind of crazy magic that is beyond my skill level. But I'm not holding my breath.

Perhaps we could just ask them on Twitter or their forums about it?

What shader is this/link? That looks amazing, I'm wondering how it might look applied to emulated N64 games. I'd love to be able to play Ocarina of Time and have it look like Wind Waker.

It's a shader built into GeDoSaTo. You can find the post.fx settings I used for those Sonic shots here.

Lime

screenshot_2014-10-2443uwg.png

screenshot_2014-10-22qtjn5.png

I like the look of your character. She looks like she fits in and is ready to kick some ass. Most females characters I've seen in Skyrim look absolutely ridiculous. That armor helps.

If you haven't read up on all the cool things you can do in Skyrim screenshots, give this a read. Particuarly the bit about Facelight. That can be used to punch up the lighting for your character shots.

Yeah, you have no idea how fucking hard it is to wade through the garbage on the Skyrim Nexus to get some adequately decent armor. There's so much stuff that scares me in that modding community - at this point I wouldn't mind a memory wipe.

Thanks for the Deadendthrills link, I think I've already seen it before. A lot of helpful stuff in there. The facelight thing is definitely useful sometimes, but in other instances it kind of clashes with the environmental lighting such as this versus this.

Still looks a bit out of place for me with those cute pigtails and pretty bows.
It's a nicely detailed model though and it's not nearly as OTT as many of the Skyrim females I see.

You're totally right, the bow things really clash with the setting and lore. I think I'm mostly just impressed by the graphical effect of them more than anything.

I think I need to get Killer is Dead in some sale just because it looks cool.

If you are into character action games then it's worth a sale buy, the game has some really rad shit in it, some really great dumb shit and some really terrible dumb shit.

What is CA?

It's the latest strain of herpes for game visuals.

It stands for an effect called Chromatic Aberration, which has the word ABERRATION in it's fucking name leaving me perplexed at how any art director thinks it's a good idea to throw that shit onto their game.

BONKERS

It really does. I feel that CA has no place in a fantasy type setting.

Oh hey look another game ruined with CA.

Jesus christ> Why do they use this in the first place? It has no functional purpose. ESPECIALLY the way it's used 9/10 times. (for the umpteenth time. Real human eyes and HQ cameras don't do this remotely on the scale that games do) At least give us the option to turn it off FFS.

It's like turning on a Composite Video Filter. Composite video is terrible. No one liked the color fringing(CA) and rainbow banding shit.

They go on saying "We don't want people to feel like it's just a straight console port" But then give us CA that we can't turn off? super generalized settings, shitty AA.

Meh.

UnrealEck

Nice little girl. She should be careful if those arrows are real. She could hurt herself. Did her mum do her hair for her? It's pretty.

Has anyone gotten any kind of AA working in Alien Isolation? I was using DSR to downsample from 3K and it still has that 'shimmer' on edges

Top Bottom