• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Brewer is a nice pickup. Wish somebody would take bass/green away from the celts now. Really hoping Smart's achilles is ready to go, he should see heavy minutes going forward, this is his team now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The latest Zach Lowe column would have me worried if I were a Mavs fan. Doesn't paint a pretty picture of Rondo.

Rondo is really lousy. He's a stat padder in the worst way. He clearly encourages players to stay away from easy rebounds, he only makes a pass if he knows he's got an easy assist coming, his defense has been overrated from day 1, he can't shoot free throws and thus never wants to attack since he's scared to get to the line, he can't shoot worth a damn, he's turnover prone, etc etc. I have no idea how this guy got rep as a top tier defender, he always was a gambler, that's how he racked up steals for a little bit there, he would just let guys rush by him knowing he had KG and Perk stuffing up the lane anyways, on ball he's a disaster. I would've been so disappointed if we ended up maxing him, which is why I'm so glad to see the trade finally got done. Too little too late? Sure they could've gone hard on the tank last year and nabbed one of the top 3 players, and on top of that they could've got a first and mclemore from the kings if rumors were true. At least he's not our headache anymore though.

Tom Penny

The latest Zach Lowe column would have me worried if I were a Mavs fan. Doesn't paint a pretty picture of Rondo.

He cannot function without good players around him which he will have in Dallas. He will be fine there. He was a horrible fit with the current Celtics and made them worse...and that's saying something.

Lexxism

Raptors alternate design.
10848053_10102234033336570_2532563035666129603_n.jpg

Is the new Raptors logo final? It fucking sucks :/

He cannot function without good players around him which he will have in Dallas. He will be fine there. He was a horrible fit with the current Celtics and made them worse...and that's saying something.

We'll see. The stuff about his horrendous shooting and terrible individual defense (which is something he used to be good at) don't seem like they should be all that dependent on the players around him. I'd be wary about a flu who turns it off and on when he feels like it. Sounds like he's just a 2nd and maybe third tier PG at this point.

Tom Penny

We'll see. The stuff about his horrendous shooting and terrible individual defense (which is something he used to be good at) don't seem like they should be all that dependent on the players around him. I'd be wary about a flu who turns it off and on when he feels like it. Sounds like he's just a 2nd and maybe third tier PG at this point.

None of that is new. I have no clue if he makes the Mavs better but I know he won't have a problem playing there because all he wants to do is give the ball to people that can put it in the hoop and they have plenty.

Soonri

I mentioned pretty much a lot of it aside from the defense - I think that's partly motivation and he'll be motivated against every Western Conference PG. But I do have extreme concern about him and Monta fitting together. Maybe Dirk's personal coach can cure their shooting woes? Seems like it would take a miracle though.

Branduil

The Mavs rejuvenated Tyson Chandler's and Monta Ellis' careers, I'm hopeful they can do the same for Rondo. He should have more energy to play defense because he won't need to work as hard or play as many minutes here, and the extra motivation of playing for a good team should help too.

watershed

Banned
This last page just reminded me how much I dislike the slogan "We the North". It sounds like Game of Thrones but dumb at the same time.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Brewer is a great guy but he's not what the Wolves need now. I'm legitimately happy for him to get to go to a contender, though.

Two Words

The Mavs rejuvenated Tyson Chandler's and Monta Ellis' careers, I'm hopeful they can do the same for Rondo. He should have more energy to play defense because he won't need to work as hard or play as many minutes here, and the extra motivation of playing for a good team should help too.
And Brandon Wright. Shawn Marion and Jason Terry have also havent performed as well after leaving Dallas. Devin Harris also seems pretty rejuvenated to be back.

I'll miss Troy Daniels. He was the reason the Rockets forced the Blazers to a game 6 last season. I hope Brewer fits and compliments our system well like people say he will.

Top Bottom