• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Spurs just got McGrady'd by 3 Blazers in the last 40 seconds.

Edit: Aldridge was out like a deaf kid in musical chairs, terrible missed call.

Two Words

Dallas gets a guard that can actually defend and San Antonio is coming off two consecutive 3OT losses. Duncan likely won't play tomorrow. Looking forward to tomorrow's game.

tchocky

Looks like Mark Jackson is getting the Kings job soon.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 1m1 minute ago
Could be the last night you hear Mark Jackson announce an NBA game for awhile. He might be Boogie-ing back to coaching soon. (Wink wink.)

Looks like Mark Jackson is getting the Kings job soon.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 1m1 minute ago
Could be the last night you hear Mark Jackson announce an NBA game for awhile. He might be Boogie-ing back to coaching soon. (Wink wink.)

Over George Karl? This franchise..

iamblades

Over George Karl? This franchise..

Not that I'm sure Karl would have been much better given he is also a fast paced guy(though at least he has a long proven track record of being able to win with just about any team), but someone needs to slap Vivek and Mullin and whoever else in the face and tell them they are running a team where the two best players are one of the few remaining post up bigs in the league and a big SF who plays midrange.

They are not the fucking Golden State Warriors, no matter how much they want to be.

Also, as more and more teams go small ball, there is going to be the opportunity for a team or teams to just dominate with physical post play. Memphis is certainly doing it, and Sacto has the key piece to be able to do it. To be successful in almost anything you can't just do what someone else is already doing well(as they had a headstart so they will almost certainly be better than you at it). You have to buck the trend and zig when everyone else is zagging.

Even if you are intent on going small ball, the teams that have found success with it in the post season are not the fast paced teams. When is the last time a team in the top third of the league in pace ever won anything? The 50s and 60s? Sure the Warriors LOOK great at the moment, but the Nash era Suns also LOOKED great. Doesn't mean anything in the long run if you can't win when it counts.

Soonri

Everyone needs to let Vivek try out the cherry-picker defense before we call him a bad owner

Also I'd love for the Mavs to grab Wayne Ellington again

xHiryu

Honestly a big but wholly unexpected win. How did the Bulls beat the Grizzlies without Rose and Gibson I'll never know, I guess it speaks to our depth as a team. Big games from Butler and Brooks, but a HUGE game from Mirotic, give the man some more minutes and rest Pau.
It'll never happen, why does Thibs insist on running people down so hard T_T

At this rate, I'm liking how the Bulls are playing, we've been constantly riddled with players coming in and out of the lineup (Rose, Noah, Gibson, McDermott), so that fact that we're still reeling wins in games against tough teams like Raptors and Grizzlies says something. At some point this team will stay healthy, everyone will gel together through playing and Rose will come back into form.

Lillard is the truth, didn't like him much before this season but I'm a fan now. Also, crazy how the Kings are considering taking Mark Jackson over George Karl, would be dope if the Pelis got Karl doe. Davis with a coach like Karl would be crazyyyyyyyyyy.

Top Bottom