• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

miguel.gif

Nice short read about Lakers.

Jeremy Lin waves off Kobe Bryant in game, Kobe loves it

“You have to be able to assert yourself, especially on a team that I’m playing on — especially on a team I’m playing on,” Bryant said with some added emphasis. “Because I don’t want chumps, I don’t want pushovers, and if you’re a chump and a pushover, I will run over you….

“It’s like,” Bryant said during his postgame news conference, then leaned forward and pounded his fist on the table, “you’ve got to put your mark down, man.”

“At some point, you’ve got to piss on the fire hydrant.”
Gotta be the best quote from Kobe ever.

I'm gonna miss Wright, I really am, but he is what he is, a backup PF forced to play C. He's great at getting lob passes and slamming them down, he gets some blocks, but he's a bad defensive rebounder and his individual defense wasn't good at all. He routinely got beat by backup centers because he's too small to go one on one and missed out on a lot of rebounds. The only reason we'll be missing him is because we have Smith as our backup C. But of course, come playoffs, Wright wouldn't be getting the same amount of playing time, especially against teams with good bigs, like the Spurs, Warriors, Blazers, Rockets, and Grizzlies. I feel confident that the Mavs FO can figure out some way to get a backup big, perhaps J Oneal like the rumours are saying. Either way, Wright wasn't going to make or break the season for us because all he is for this team is a backup player that got 20 minutes a night during the regular season, then 10-15 come playoff time. Jae was awesome, but Carlisle didn't play him enough for it to be that big of a deal. He almost always went with Jefferson ahead of him, and we still have Aminu whom I particularly like so I don't consider that a huge loss either.

As for Rondo, I admit I've only seen him play when he was at his best, but I've seen Jameer play, and he was routinely the worst player on that roster almost every game. Devin and JJ play at such a higher level than he does. Jameer did not fit with that starting group, his horrendous defense, rebounding, passing, and shooting were a constant handicap against this team. His lack of skill in those areas were also a cause for so many 3rd quarter collapses. Too many times I've seen this team, despite having such a great offense, go scoreless because Nelson was absolutely useless in doing anything productive while he had main PG duties. Nelson would get the ball, try to dribble around people, get caught, and have to pass off to Ellis or Parsons to save the day. It happened almost every single time. He also couldn't defend for shit, constantly getting broken down by any opposing PG (Donald Sloan destroyed him not too long ago) that has a resemblance of speed. He was never a threat while he was on the floor, on either offense or defense.

So with that said, I know Rondo hasn't shown nearly the level of play that he was once known for, I still believe that he is a HUGE upgrade over what Jameer brought for the Mavs, especially if he can get back to resembling the Rondo that played for championships. Nelson had to go, he was a huge hole on this team. And as for Rondo and Ellis fitting together, I saw enough of Nelson and Ellis play to know that they both handled the ball quite a bit and they still worked out. Ellis had to often take main ballhandling duties because Nelson was so garbage at creating for other people. So, if Rondo can be a guy that gets the others great open looks, grabs 4-5 rebounds a game, and plays a bit of defense, then I'll be happy with what he brings. Ellis will still get to have the ball in his hands at times, just like he does when he plays with those ballhogs Devin and JJ, so I'm honestly not too worried about how he and Rondo will do together.

Is that real? wtf

edit: ok not real lol. thank god.

eUxdhhq.png

I don't get this. Why do they need a new logo? Current one is perfect imo.

Toronto is city without an identity and it tries real hard to emulate the aura of a big American city.

Here you go again, copy New York, copy Brooklyn in the logo style

Is that real? wtf

edit: ok not real lol. thank god.

eUxdhhq.png

I don't get this. Why do they need a new logo? Current one is perfect imo.
The ball with claw marks on in reminds me a lot of what grizzlies (or was timbs?) used in their court back then. That design is okay to me but they need to use their own color scheme and not the blackand white ones... And that the "We the north" drake started needs to go.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The ball with claw marks on in reminds me a lot of what grizzlies (or was timbs?) used in their court back then. That design is okay to me but they need to use their own color scheme and not the blackand white ones... And that the "We the north" drake started needs to go.

No.

Into

God the Knicks are fucking awful. Wish for the "glory" days of Mike Woodson and that one month 2 years ago when all threes landed and you thought "maybe...?"

We the north is a good slogan. It's catchy, short and encapsulates that Toronto is the only Canadian team in the league. I dunno why people are so down on it other than it caught on while Toronto was more successful than anyone was guessing last year.

watershed

Banned
God the Knicks are fucking awful. Wish for the "glory" days of Mike Woodson and that one month 2 years ago when all threes landed and you thought "maybe...?"

Melo hates himself right now. You can see the sadness and pity in his face and voice in his post-game comments.

jbug617

Banned
Nets and Kings discussing a trade involving Deron Williams
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kings-discussing-trade-for-deron-williams-222855172.html
The talks have centered on sending the Nets point guard Darren Collison and forwards Derrick Williams and Jason Thompson as part of a multi-player package for Williams, league sources said.

Sacramento has significant interest with Williams, but a hurdle to a possible deal is the Kings’ desire to have center Mason Plumlee included into the package, league sources said. Brooklyn has considered Plumlee a significant part of its future core.

Soonri

feels like it's been like that for him most of the season
Nah he's just slumped earlier than everyone thought. But the worst part is that he's shooting horrid from 3. His shot looks fine too and he's open... No one knows what to do except call Holger lol

Top Bottom