• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Emmy Award Nominees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camwi

I can kinda understand something like It's Always Sunny never getting a nomination, because it's toilet humor or whatever, but where the fuck is Hannibal?

Corpekata

Banned
I can kinda understand something like It's Always Sunny never getting a nomination, because it's toilet humor or whatever, but where the fuck is Hannibal?

Don't think it is eligible because of the weird scheduling. Season 3 will be next year.

Not that it is likely to get any recognition at the Emmys anyway.

Corpekata

Banned
Downton Abbey appears to be the Emmy's "we're still nominating the shit out of this even though nobody really cares about it anymore" show this year.

Nominated for a total of ZERO Emmys for portraying Ron Swanson:
CKDDZoNUAAAcjvb.jpg:large

Reminded me that somehow John C. McGinley got zero nods for Scrubs.

Downton Abbey appears to be the Emmy's "we're still nominating the shit out of this even though nobody really cares about it anymore" show this year.

Dropped out during S4. I don't even know what season it's on now.

Supporting actor in a series that bears his name. ?__? Maybe it's just for a single skit
(but that would be stupid).

Also weird: Peele isn't nominated for anything at all. So Key is good enough to get a supporting nom for a Comedy Series (that the show with his name on it isn't classified as) but Peele isn't good enough to be nominated for ANYTHING. So not only is the show not technically a comedy series in the eyes of the academy, but it also doesn't have a lead actor, only a supporting one.

Also: I typed the single word "emmy" into google, and this came up as the first result. It's an 81 page press release pdf from the academy, behind a link entitled "here", that breaks down the emmy noms into a TON of stats. Just in case you wanna add it to the OP or something.

Orange Is the New Black moved from comedy series last year to drama this year? Interesting.

Honestly it doesn't deserve it this year.

The sand snakes episode really was, um, I'll just leave it at that.

Rest of the season was stellar though, and to be fair, GoT is the only show since probably the early days of ER that I see colleagues of ALL walks of life set time aside every Sunday to watch it. Very very passionate fan base.

Admittedly I love it too, on the edge of my seat every episode.

Also: I typed the single word "emmy" into google, and this came up as the first result. It's an 81 page press release pdf from the academy, behind a link entitled "here", that breaks down the emmy noms into a TON of stats. Just in case you wanna add it to the OP or something.
Done. Thanks for the link.

GavinUK86

I'm glad Tatiana Maslany's finally got a nomination but it sucks to see neither Orphan Black or anyone else from the show is getting recognition.

I love Homeland so it's good to see that and Claire Danes up there.

That's all I watch that's there.

99% of shows I watch must, apparently, be mediocre.

addik

Well thanks to that doc that BobbyRoger posted, I found out that Jane the Virgin DID get a nomination...

...for Best Narration. :/

I don't think he'll win but damn is it nice to see Bob Odenkirk with a nomination for lead drama. Never thought I would see that. He's fucking great!

ryseing

IMO the most interesting storyline this season of GoT was Dinklage. He was the story.

Considering Kit Harington came into his own this past season, I completely disagree. Hell, the only great episode of S5 was Harington centric. He deserved the show's supporting actor nomination.

Game Of Thrones had the weakest season since its inception; can't imagine it winning.

It's the only "prestige" show I watch and I was very disappointed with this season's quality.

MCee

No love for Daredevil, Charlie Cox, Vincent D'Onofrio, or even a directing nod for episode 2. Why award shows aren't worth their weight.

TM94

House of Cards really?

Last season wasn't good at all.

Game of Thrones doesn't deserve the nomination either imo.

Turin

Banned
The Emmy's were a mistake. Nothing but Mostly trash.

"Game of Thrones received 24 #Emmys nominations, more than any other show."

Via... Jon Snow.

And it's really weird that they would actually nominate Clarke again when Kit Harington would have been far more acceptable.

Guys, Hannibal wasn't even eligible because of the late season 3 premiere, okay? Chill.

Hannibal wasn't eligible this year due to when it aired. S3 will be eligible next year.

Don't think it is eligible because of the weird scheduling. Season 3 will be next year.

Lack of Hannibal was expected (not eligible this year), but The Americans?? Seriously.

I don't care. Hannibal should still win.

ivysaur12

Banned
If I were Mr. Emmy in charge of the Emmys, I would've gone with:

Drama (knowing that Hannibal was not eligible):

Better Call Saul
The Americans
Rectify
Mad Men
The Knick
Orange is the New Black
The Good Wife

Comedy:

Broad City
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Jane the Virgin
Transparent
Getting On
You're the Worst
Veep

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pumped for Tatiana Maslany (!!!!), Lisa Kudrow, and Niecy Nash (Getting On finally getting some recognition!). Also happy with The Honorable Woman's nominations.

Baffled at Liev Schreiber somehow squinting and un-emoting his way into a nomination. wtf

loooool

"@abbijacobson: Who do you have to peg in this town??!"

lmao

Cerberus

Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell got snubbed. At least the show got a nom for one of its best episodes.

One last chance for Mad Men. At this point, I'd be happy with anyone from the cast winning an Emmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom