• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Draft |OT| The Resurrection of the Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

The analytics I can't site at the moment say that in the back half of the season, the Cavs were virtually unstoppable with him, LeBron, and Kyrie on the court together, and it more than overcame any defensive shortcomings. Their differential was off the charts.

Still, the Cavs ended the regular season 33-5 with Love, James and Kyrie Irving in the lineup.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...burning-questions-as-cleveland-hits-offseason

That pace (.868) would put them near '95-'96 Bulls territory.

B.O.O.M

The analytics I can't site at the moment say that in the back half of the season, the Cavs were virtually unstoppable with him, LeBron, and Kyrie on the court together, and it more than overcame any defensive shortcomings. Their differential was off the charts.

That certainly is interesting. I don't have any stats to back it up and I didn't follow them as closely as some other teams but to me it appeared like they were as good and at times better without him.

well either way this off season would be insane! Love it (then again I'm a Blazer fan..we r fucked lol)

Fjordson

I dunno, Lebron not even interested in recruiting Love is a little weird. "How could you not want to play with the King?!? Do what you will, pleb"

Wouldn't totally shock me if Love leaves.

It could also mean that LeBron knows that Love would be stupid to leave more money and one of the best teams in the league to go play with the Celtics or Lakers or any other team so he doesn't even need to convince him.

I dunno, Lebron not even interested in recruiting Love is a little weird. "How could you not want to play with the King?!? Do what you will, pleb"

I just imaging Lebron waving his hand at Love, indicating that he is no longer allowed in The King's presence.

Bowser

I honestly don't think LeBron cares if Love comes back. I think their performance after the Celtics series makes him think that he and Kyrie can do this with Thompson and Mozgov.

The only problem is that Love leaving doesn't really open up any space for them to sign good players.

But yeah, I think LeBron is definitely of the "if you leave this you're a dumbass, but do what you want" mindset

Fjordson

It could also mean that LeBron knows that Love would be stupid to leave more money and one of the best teams in the league to go play with the Celtics or Lakers or any other team so he doesn't even need to convince him.
True. It's just the wording of the guy's tweet I guess. Like Lebron literally doesn't give a damn if he's there or not lol.

I just imaging Lebron waving his hand at Love, indicating that he is no longer allowed in The King's presence.
Exactly lmao.

Spurs trying to move up? According to Alex Kennedy of BasketballInsiders.com, San Antonio has had talks with Oklahoma City about the No. 14 pick and is considering trading up.
120214_kawhipop.jpg

Well the Spurs are interested in moving up.

Latest Celtics rumor is that they're trying to trade for Phillys pick in the event that the Lakers take Russell instead of Okafor.

Bowser

JR opts out #asexpected:

Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 2m2 minutes ago
Cavs' J.R. Smith has opted out of $6 million-plus deal for 2015-16 to become a free agent, sources tell RealGM. Mutual interest in return.

Gigglepoo

Love isn't leaving. He'll sign a two-year deal with the Cavs and then opt out again next season. That's when the real drama begins. Next season, he'll sign a five-year max with someone, not necessarily Cleveland. I expect him to bolt to LA but he'll team with with Kyrie and LeBron for one more run this year.

I know they were turned down with their offer of some picks + Smart & Olynyk but I wonder if they could get that pick if they included a Nets pick or two.

Bowser

Love isn't leaving. He'll sign a two-year deal with the Cavs and then opt out again next season. That's when the real drama begins. Next season, he'll sign a five-year max with someone, not necessarily Cleveland. I expect him to bolt to LA but he'll team with with Kyrie and LeBron for one more run this year.

This is what I feel will happen as well.

I don't know what Lakers could give up to get DMC.

The offer probably has to start with the both first round picks, Clarkson, and Randle and expand from there. Probably take back a shitty Kings salary too.

spyder_ur

Draft thread, nice! Thanks Metal. Draft night is one of my favorite nights of the year and I have a feeling this will be a good, active one.

I'm spending an extra 5 minutes praying each night for Sam Hinke not to take Porzingis.

He's definitely going to and then all the sudden Porzingis will have 'problems getting out of his contract'.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Most exciting NBA draft in recent memory. A lot of wildcard boom or bust picks (and I think quite a few are boom like Herzonja). Can't wait to see where Boogie ends up.

Love is going to stay with the Cavs one more year IMO.

otapnam

as a life long dubs fan, its kinda strange that we don't have a TOP 5 or TOP 15 pick.....LOL

theyre probably gonna wrap up that 30th pick with Lee

Im more waiting for the July 1st and 10th trade negotiation and signing dates. Been following that more the last few years, its nice how everything shows up on twitter and what not as it happens

spyder_ur

Most exciting NBA draft in recent memory. A lot of wildcard boom or bust picks (and I think quite a few are boom like Herzonja). Can't wait to see where Boogie ends up.

Love is going to stay with the Cavs one more year IMO.

I actually find this draft really intriguing, but seriously people say this every year in the lead up (including myself) so I found that kinda funny.

It might be true though. Supposedly it's not that deep, but I feel like the Celts will be able to get some parts even if they don't move up. I feel like Towns Okafor and Russell are about as can't-miss as it gets barring injury, but you never know.

That certainly is interesting. I don't have any stats to back it up and I didn't follow them as closely as some other teams but to me it appeared like they were as good and at times better without him.

well either way this off season would be insane! Love it (then again I'm a Blazer fan..we r fucked lol)

There's a reason the Cavs were favorites to win the title pre-Love (and Kyrie) injury. Those 3 playing together will probably win the title next year if healthy. Especially now that Mozgov has emerged as a viable starting center.

Gigglepoo

There's a reason the Cavs were favorites to win the title pre-Love (and Kyrie) injury. Those 3 playing together will win the title next year if healthy. Especially now that Mozgov has emerged as a viable starting center.

Kyrie and Love do have a history of being injured...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom