• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Draft |OT| The Resurrection of the Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

I didn't know Looney was 6-9 with a 7-3 wingspan. Whew. If his hip isn't permanently fucked he could be a nice pick.

Bobby BP Portis ‏@BPortistime 5m5 minutes ago
Bulls Nation sorry for the tweets I sent 4 years ago. I was a boy then. I'm a man now. And a Bull. DRose, Pau, what kinda donuts yall like?
Lmao. Twitter is scary man. People will dig through your shit.

Bulls Nation sorry for the tweets I sent 4 years ago. I was a boy then. I'm a man now. And a Bull. DRose, Pau, what kinda donuts yall like?

Did the Lakers dude apologize yet? Only guy to beef with Kobe as a Laker since Shaq. This guy will leave a legacy that will have teams to dig through tweets to see if players said something ridiculous.

FZZ

Banned
Knicks fans are fucking toxic as fuck. No wonder their franchise is utter shit. If anything the franchise is going to fuck over Porzingis.

Fuck the Knicks.

BadAss2961

Knicks fans are fucking toxic as fuck. No wonder their franchise is utter shit. If anything the franchise is going to fuck over Porzingis.

Fuck the Knicks.
I don't get their problem with this one. There's no sure thing at the 4th pick, why not just go for the guy with the big upside?

Knicks are gonna have to take the time to develop him though, which they absolutely suck at.

Justise Winslow dissed Heat fans way back as well.

Replying back.

Where are the Heat fans at? *cricket cricket
10:12pm - 30 Oct 13

XwWEjxR.png

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
My Warriors stay winning. Repeat baby!

Gotta give respect where respect is due to the Lakers. Smart move taking Russell.

hydruxo

Hahaha man that's good. Respect to Bobby Portis for that.

lol, good shit.

People seem excited about this kid. I'm just glad we got a big.

Mark Strotman ‏@markstrot 5h5 hours ago
#Bulls draft pick Bobby Portis' pregame ritual: "I sit in the locker room and I envision the other player on the team slapped my mom."​

Jake.

can someone comment on boston's pick for me? i live in australia so am mostly clueless when it comes to the draft and US college ball.

WoodWERD

Gotta love the Spurs....picking up a 20 year old with a 7'3" wingspan, and he could be mistaken for Manu's little brother.

I REALLY hope they keep D.Green around, his defense is insane. I don't know what I'd do if we gave him up to the fucking Mavs.

can someone comment on boston's pick for me? i live in australia so am mostly clueless when it comes to the draft and US college ball.

In regards to the 16th pick - Fuck Ainge. The other picks seemed ok, we got a shooting guard that apparently can actually shoot from 3 point range and an undersized power forward that's apparently good at blocking shots. Oh and we re-drafted Marcus Thornton somehow.

Subitai

Gotta love the Spurs....picking up a 20 year old with a 7'3" wingspan, and he could be mistaken for Manu's little brother.

I REALLY hope they keep D.Green around, his defense is insane. I don't know what I'd do if we gave him up to the fucking Mavs.
It's gonna come down to Diaw or Green. Even moving Splitter and Duncan taking a huge cut, they can't afford both of them, pay Leonard, and get LMA. FWIW, Green lost his shot against the Clippers and Diaw was keeping them in that series. Don't envy the decision Pop and RC have to make here.

Fistwell

FWIW, Green lost his shot against the Clippers and Diaw was keeping them in that series.
Green has been very streaky. He's had great runs, he's had bad ones too. I think playing on the spurs made him look better (or more valuable) than he fundamentally is. Someone's gonna offer him way more money than he's worth. I hope SA doesnt try to match that excessive offer when it comes and just lets him go.

Fuck the Knicks.
Yea, that reaction was disgusting and I doubt majority of those people were even really knick fans.

I'll admit I was dissapointed and upset at first but I've come around to the kid, can't wait to see how this plays out now.

Fatalah

The Grantland videos series on Porzingis made me like him even more. Good character, solid family backing him up. His brother and dad played professionally in Europe. His mom played, though not professionally.

They're all average height! How perfect that they birthed this monster sized player in Kristaps!

This fills my Mozgov void, who I loved. His Finals was beautiful to watch, but Kris does so much more.

Yea, that reaction was disgusting and I doubt majority of those people were even really knick fans.

I'll admit I was dissapointed and upset at first but I've come around to the kid, can't wait to see how this plays out now.

The reaction was disgusting? Are you talking about the booing because that's what New York fans do at every draft.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Fuck the Knicks.

Honestly doesn't help that Phil went out last night and basically said to not expect the world from him in the first year.

Knicks fans should have patience. They should realize their roster is garbage and the turnaround is going to take a while. But this is a franchise that has won a total of 1 playoff series in the last 15 years. They suck. They suck every year. Expecting the fans to be totally cool with another couple years of suck is asking for a lot.

El Topo

Seems like decent picks by the Mavs.

Honestly doesn't help that Phil went out last night and basically said to not expect the world from him in the first year.

Knicks fans should have patience. They should realize their roster is garbage and the turnaround is going to take a while. But this is a franchise that has won a total of 1 playoff series in the last 15 years. They suck. They suck every year. Expecting the fans to be totally cool with another couple years of suck is asking for a lot.

You'd think they would've gotten used to it by now.

Fatalah

Jets fans actually cheered their new GM's picks this year. His picks were well-known players.

I think any fan would boo if their GM picked a player surrounded by uncertainty.

Justise Winslow dissed Heat fans way back as well.

Replying back.

Where are the Heat fans at? *cricket cricket
10:12pm - 30 Oct 13

XwWEjxR.png

to be fair, a lot of heat bandwagoners shifted their allegiances over to Cleveland as soon as bron bron left. Some of those folks are even here, in these very NBA threads. And truthfully, good riddance. They made heat fans look bad when they came onboard and made them look worse when they left to be Clev fans. So i don't feel like he's calling out legit heat fans, just the frontrunners. And i'm perfectly ok with that.

victoria ‏@CountOnVic 13h13 hours ago
Knicks fans should walk behind Phil Jackson
Shame 🔔
Shame 🔔
Shame 🔔
Shame 🔔

XKvO3m4.png

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I got drunk last night and expected to wake up to a bit of clarity regarding what the fuck the Sixers are doing. Have they explained themselves yet?

I got drunk last night and expected to wake up to a bit of clarity regarding what the fuck the Sixers are doing. Have they explained themselves yet?

I hope they're planning to trade a bunch of big men away to teams

Best option I can think of

That, or Brown has become a hoarder

Who feels worst this morning?

Jahlil Okafor going from Showtime in LA to Giantville in Philly

Cliff Alexander literally going from top 5 to not mentioned at all

Knick Fan from the Vine

Hornets Fans

Pimpwerx

victoria ‏@CountOnVic 13h13 hours ago
Knicks fans should walk behind Phil Jackson
Shame 🔔
Shame 🔔
Shame 🔔
Shame 🔔

XKvO3m4.png
Morning show spliced the audio of Kristaps' name being called with the GoT last ringing the bell and saying "Shame," over and over. LOL. So awesome. PEACE.

Who feels worst this morning?

Jahlil Okafor going from Showtime in LA to Giantville in Philly

Cliff Alexander literally going from top 5 to not mentioned at all

Knick Fan from the Vine

Hornets Fans

Holy shit, didn't realize til reading your post that Cliff didn't get drafted. As an Illini fan, I'm laughing my ass off.

Bowser

Interesting note from SI's draft grades article on Winslow:

In recent weeks, as coaches and executives really started to dig into prospects, opinions of Winslow cooled. Teams love his tenacious defense but didn’t think much of him offensively, particularly if he has to play small forward. Miami has veterans at the wing in Luol Deng and Dwyane Wade, who the Heat hope to re-sign. The plan, it seems, is to groom Winslow to replace them. If some of Wade’s offensive skills rub off, he will.

The more I think about it, the more I can't see him fitting in particularly well with Batum and MKG. I realize Batum is on the final year of his contract, but he's 26 and the Hornets traded their 2014 lottery pick for him - they're not doing that for one season of Batum.

I just wish we had went with someone other than Kaminsky...would have preferred Booker or a trade back with Boston and taking RJ Hunter at 16. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom