• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Draft |OT| The Resurrection of the Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I do wonder how much those unprotected Nets picks are worth...given that the Nets know they can't tank, I get the sense they're never going to blow it up and will just perpetually chase the 7th/8th spot in the East playoffs, meaning those picks are always gonna fall around 15-16.

*keeps talking himself into Frank the Tank*

http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...orts-jahlil-okafor-karl-towns-emmanuel-mudiay

Hey at least you guys got Batum.

CIcM7_vXAAAZeYF.jpg:medium
]

Who looks so happy to be there..

Funny video of dude pretending that he was drafted by the Utah Jazz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsvaQR9hKDI

Although I do wonder how much those unprotected Nets picks are worth...given that the Nets know they can't tank, I get the sense they're never going to blow it up and will just perpetually chase the 7th/8th spot in the East playoffs, meaning those picks are always gonna fall around 15-16.

http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...orts-jahlil-okafor-karl-towns-emmanuel-mudiay

While I agree that those Nets picks may not ever turn into anything amazing I wonder if you guys could've traded back and still picked up Kaminsky.

So 6 or 7 spots behind where Frank the Tank was taken this year? Is that so significant of a difference that you wouldn't take two #16s in exchange for that #9?

Also, are we sure that Frank wouldn't have fallen to #16 if the Hornets had traded out of #9? The pre-draft chatter was that the Hornets and Knicks were most interested in him, but I don't think the Knicks trade into #10-#15 after taking Porzingis at #4.

Looks like the Raps will.....keep on being a first round exit! (Don't hate the picks just hate how we are the exact same team as the past failed 2 years)

Fjordson

That explains why he looked so stiff and "frankenstein" like during the draft. Honestly on that impression alone, I didn't like what I saw but again I don't know shit to make a decision one way or another (plus it's not like we actually need him- he'll be fighting for a roster spot). Hopefully, he got the Jerry West seal of approval.
Yeah, I'm really optimistic if he can get healthy. His rebounding and size + versatility on defense and ability to hit the 3 would be perfect for us. And I didn't know this until last night, but he actually led all freshmen in double doubles last year.

phanphare

Banned
I guess the bright side of not taking those multiple picks is that we suck in the draft. What do those picks really mean for a team with our track record in the draft?

Dear Carmelo:

We understand your concerns. However, we've brought in Don Draper to provide an explanation about your current situation.

So, go manage your brand or something and just cash the checks.

phanphare

Banned
That's the spirit. "We can't even get one draft pick right! We're drafting Comiskey! (Kaminsky.) Whatever!"

lol, I'm trying to spin this and even that's not helping

well at least kaminsky will be better than fucking adam morrison or sean may

there ya go MJ, you're drafting better than bob johnson

take a bow

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't like Okafor's demeanor. Something about him doesn't present well.

Im glad we went with Russell.

Oak is like Derrick Rose, he really only has one expression and its that sleepy sorta grumpy Eeyore look. I wouldn't read too much into it. He seemed to have a laid back personality and all 4 of the freshmen were well liked by the other team members. May not mean much from a Duke fan but I've seen some posts in here about Okafor and Winslow that make me think some of you believe they're Austin Rivers pt 2 (and 3).

Speaking of Winslow, its funny how salty a lot of Duke fans are that he won't be playing for Charlotte. He's a better fit in Miami and looking back on it, Frank the Tank might be a better choice for Charlotte's roster after reading that McRoberts comparison. Its obvious the hornets missed that last year, so if they have a guy that can stretch and free up AJ, then thats a plus. There is no need to have Winslow and MKG on the same team. Winslow may end up being the better offensive player (he's a btter shooter for sure) but he's not carrying offense.

More chances to not screw up > less chances to not screw up.

plus, you can always use picks to throw into a trade for a more proven player. Unless you have a really great player you want in the draft, you might as well go for more picks instead of less.

And if it really includes an unprotected Nets pick then that's a good deal because lol nets.

stn

For someone who hasn't followed the draft or scouting reports, what's the general consensus on the top 10 picks in the draft? What kind of potential is there? Thanks.

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 16s16 seconds ago
Here's my question: Wouldn't Ainge be furious if some other GM was publicly second-guessing him?

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 3m3 minutes ago
Paraphrasing Ainge, he offered the Hornets too much (reportedly 4 1st-round picks) for No. 9 and is glad upon reflection he was turned down.

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 5m5 minutes ago
Rich Cho declined comment when I asked him about what Celtics GM Danny Ainge said on Boston radio (more)...

4 first round picks :O

Fjordson

For someone who hasn't followed the draft or scouting reports, what's the general consensus on the top 10 picks in the draft? What kind of potential is there? Thanks.
Top three picks could be perennial all-stars. Towns, Okafor and Russell are really good.

The rest are more uncertain. Miami got a really good pick at #10 in Justise Winslow, he could be good and Denver got a potentially good pick in Emmanuel Mudiay at #7. He had a lot of hype coming out of high school, but decided to go to China and play pro instead of playing here in college so people haven't seen him as much lately.

If Cho passed up 4 first rounders for the chance to draft Frank Kaminsky, he should be fired on the spot.

Like I don't even hate Kaminsky that much. If nothing else he can shoot and that fills a need. But this cat's not worth 4 FIRST ROUND PICKS...

...neither is Justise Winslow which leads me to doubt the credibility of the report.

4 first rounders? So 16 & 28 this year and then presumably one of the Nets picks and some other garbage pick we picked up from the Mavs or Grizz?

jbug617

Banned
CIcG0oiUcAEXSTq.png

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 8m8 minutes ago
Zach Lowe retweeted Ben Swanson
This is true. CHA turned down a major haul for No. 9, BOS was going full throttle for Winslow, per sources.

image2.gif

Boston offered 6 picks (4 1st rounders to the Hornets)

According to sources, the Celtics' final offer to the Hornets was a package featuring as many as six draft picks, including four potential first-round selections (a combination of picks from this draft and in the future). But the Hornets could not be swayed and turned down multiple offers to select Wisconsin center Frank Kaminsky.

towns: taller, better al horford
russell: less athletic brandon roy
okafor: taller, better passing al jefferson with less range
zinger: channing frye with good defense
hezonja: more athletic klay thompson
wcs: tyson chandler clone
mudiay: 2nd rate john wall
johnson: less crazy metta world peace
kaminsky: who cares
winslow: iguodala with better interior scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.