• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP)

Sebmugi

1462895046-uncharted-tm-4-a-thief-s-end-20160510160930.png

1462895064-uncharted-tm-4-a-thief-s-end-20160510174715.png

Uncharted 4 looks impressive but Quantum Break and Rise of the Tomb Raider impress me more despite running on lower resolutions.
RoTTR runs at a native 1080p on Xbox, which IMO, makes it all the more impressive, albeit, needing some antialiasing. And I maintain that people will still be impressed by RoTTR when it's eventually released on PS4.

NattyDread

Neo Member
26872432111_104e47e046_o.png

Uncharted 4 || 18 shot pano

Here's how it would look like @ 4k with 2x supersampling. ^_^
I'm really disappointed with this photomode. It's extremely limiting.

like 80% of RotTR looks flat out bad. anytime you are outdoors its just ewww. having some of the worst IQ ive ever seen doesnt help either
Holy hyperbole batman. Game hardly ever looks "flat out bad", and to call it the worst IQ you've seen when it's running a native resolution unlike a lot of games is completely false. I can think of precisely one area where the lack of antialiasing really had a very negative impact on the overall picture.

GavinUK86

Holy hyperbole batman. Game hardly ever looks "flat out bad", and to call it the worst IQ you've seen when it's running a native resolution unlike a lot of games is completely false. I can think of precisely one area where the lack of antialiasing really had a very negative impact on the overall picture.

I agree with him. Soviet Installation and Geothermal Valley look outright bad.

im not being hyperbolic. anytime i was in soviet installation or geothermal valley the game looked pretty damned awful. and being in those 2 large hubs comprise about 80% of the game playtime wise. i played it at 1440p close to max on pc and the IQ is horrendous. without a doubt some of the worst ive ever seen. more shimmering than the 720p versions of most xbone multiplats

im not being hyperbolic. anytime i was in soviet installation or geothermal valley the game looked pretty damned awful. and being in those 2 large hubs comprise about 80% of the game playtime wise i played it at 1440p close to max on pc and the IQ is horrendous. without a doubt some of the worst ive ever seen. more shimmering than the 720p versions of most xbone multiplats

Evidently you didn't do a good job tweaking your settings then, since during my playtime, the only thing that was distracting was coming into the soviet installation though the thick tree cover the first time.

screenshot-original5cmbrx.png

screenshot-original4moamd.png

Evidently you didn't do a good job tweaking your settings then, since during my playtime, the only thing that was distracting was coming into the soviet installation though the thick tree cover the first time.

screenshot-original5cmbrx.png

screenshot-original4moamd.png

tweaking my settings? what in gods name are you talking about? everything was maxed other than high shadow quality and hbao+ rather than vxao. the top shot you posted looks awful IMO. not your framing or anything, just the games outdoor rendering.

screenshot-originaliuy34.png

screenshot-original7ecl1z.png

Oh hey a shot of the soviet installation that looks pretty good IMO (Even with the visible LOD cards).

tweaking my settings? what in gods name are you talking about? everything was maxed other than high shadow quality and hbao+ rather than vxao. the top shot you posted looks awful IMO. not your framing or anything, just the games outdoor rendering.

What I'm talking about is using different antialiasing methods, super sampling, etc. You have a plethora of options on PC.

Top Bottom