• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP)

yeah, that part is just a fact. or are you suggesting that your xbone version somehow has better iq at a lower resolution?

No, I'm suggesting that's one thing that anyone playing on PC can eliminate given the desire. There are definitely IQ issues in the Xbox version but it still looks pretty great, and even superb at times. I'd like to replay it on my PC to get proper beauty shots.

More to the point I was consistently amazed at what was being squeezed out of the Xbox hardware relative to my expectations.

Noobcraft

screenshot-original-5objvi.png

screenshot-original-5ukjsn.png

No, I'm suggesting that's one thing that anyone playing on PC can eliminate given the desire. There are definitely IQ issues in the Xbox version but it still looks pretty great, and even superb at times. I'd like to replay it on my PC to get proper beauty shots.

More to the point I was consistently amazed at what was being squeezed out of the Xbox hardware relative to my expectations.

actually you cant.

metalgearsolidv_thephsxpas.png

metalgearsolidv_theph22ob9.png

like 80% of RotTR looks flat out bad. anytime you are outdoors its just ewww. having some of the worst IQ ive ever seen doesnt help either

I agree with him. Soviet Installation and Geothermal Valley look outright bad.

gFD5o.png

You guys should calm down and have some fun once and a while. Since you're both into calling a great looking game bad just to be edgy and start an obvious console war.

eso76

in this page, i think ROTR definitely holds its own against U4 which considerig the hardware is quite impressive

Is the aliasing in the mirror gone during gameplay? ((temporal I've heard, so only in screenshots?) Edit: Which wouldn't make sense as there would be aliasing outside the mirror too I guess lol)

dc89

Seeing as my bloody Sony USB stick won't actually fit into my PS4 (thanks to the recessed USB ports and the kind of USB stick) I've had to upload these via the Share Button and just see what the quality is like. Sorry if they're not too sharp.

KSkCwtM.jpg

This is deliberately out of focus.

8QmKNe7.jpg

26915933376_01376b5c85_o.png

26881153341_2f2dc1b1ee_o.png

Despite what I said earlier about consistency, this is still easily the best looking game I've ever played. Somehow even surpassing The Order. I've noticed the character models can sometimes not really fit in with the environments, like they're differently/inaccurately lit or something, but apart from that I'm being blown away every few minutes and the game seems to get better looking the further on you get. The lighting, materials, and detail of environments are insane, especially when they all come together perfectly.

Not going to touch photo-mode during my first playthrough as I know I'll get addicted to it and fuck up the pacing of the game, lol, so I'm just gonna stick to action/environmental shots.

The PC version still suffers from shimmering. (to a lesser extent obviously)

Not really impressed by ROTR visual. Indoors are often superb, but outdoors environment like Soviet Installation and Geothermal Valley aren't very flattering.

Top Bottom