• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

31532732126_3f2f5081ed_o.png

dr_rus

Quoted because they're massive Nvidia Ansel shots

Don't quote the images. Forum engine resizes the shots to the windows width so their resolution is relevant only for the file size. Quoting only helps when you want your post to be smaller, otherwise people have to open these quoted shots in separate tabs to be able to see them properly on their smaller screens.

With that being said, there really is no benefits in posting 8K shots as I doubt that anyone here have an 8K display yet.

Vipu

Banned
Don't quote the images. Forum engine resizes the shots to the windows width so their resolution is relevant only for the file size. Quoting only helps when you want your post to be smaller, otherwise people have to open these quoted shots in separate tabs to be able to see them properly on their smaller screens.

With that being said, there really is no benefits in posting 8K shots as I doubt that anyone here have an 8K display yet.

Downsampling?

Nick Pal

About the same, but it's easier to switch a resolution in SRWE than to go through the menu and switch a resolution. When I switch to a 5K+ resolution in e.g. Hitman using SRWE and enable DoF in reshade, it kills the framerate of course, but as I see only a fraction of the frame anyway (as the window is way bigger than my monitor) it's just for taking a shot and then switching back to normal (also with SRWE).

Thanks for the info!

Quoted because they're massive Nvidia Ansel shots

They're really, really compressed. Also you should just downsample them. Any of us can post 8K or 16K images if we wanted to, but there's no point. Save at 4K top, use 100% quality JPEG, and host on a site that doesn't compress images - Flickr is the community favourite.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

I really enjoyed seeing these! It's still one of the great love stories in gaming, I think. I have very fond memories of it on Gamecube. I really, really should play this again, and just buy it on PC in general. It has a tremendous, dream-like quality.

------------------------------------

Dragon's Dogma, 4k, ultra. Just started and it's quite an experience!

31477107301_4233f08e80_k.jpg

After all the shit they gave Dante and Virgil in Hell I always try to bust a Harpy's balls every chance I can.

31220697630_18028549d1_k.jpg

The Chimera fight was badass. I'm enjoying this whole "Grabbing" thing WAAAAY more than I thought I would!

Anteater

This game looks like a cartoon, game still has jaggies at 4k tho :(

screenshot_2016-12-12vksa9.jpg

screenshot_2016-12-12fvs90.jpg

I really enjoyed seeing these! It's still one of the great love stories in gaming, I think. I have very fond memories of it on Gamecube. I really, really should play this again, and just buy it on PC in general. It has a tremendous, dream-like quality.

Loving the Sands of time shots. Game is still beautiful.

yeah the game is fun, can't believe I haven't played it until now lol

Top Bottom