• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 B/S/T Feedback Thread | Read the OP, and Prepare to Feedback

Negative seller feedback for hedgey

Sent a gamecube that was filled with dirt and dead bugs in it that I had to clean to get in working shape.

Sent gamecube controller that has the left stick broken (flops around without touching)

Unable to work out in Pm

No evidence of "bugs".
Gamecube controller was not shown "broken", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69f-V9RGa5Y
Stick is a bit wobbly which does not affect gameplay.
These images were sent:
http://imgur.com/a/1oKqD
I apologized for the lack of cleanliness with the Gamecube. It hadn't been used in a while and I had not thoroughly inspected it before selling.

It seems like this is a major case of buyer's remorse. If BST deems this is a worthy case for a refund, then please notify me and I will give a partial refund once the PayPal case is reversed.
However, the majority of the value in this deal was with other items.

Buyer refuses to answer any PMs I have sent after filing his case with PayPal.

I am only the person who updates the feedback sheet, so I am not coming from any place of authority on this. That Gamecube is gross (no offense), but the pictures are pretty detailed and it seems to me that the buyer would have known what they were getting with that. The video shows that the control stick is wobbly, so that's that... unless it got worse during shipping or it doesn't work at all. The video doesn't actually show any gameplay with the controller.

Is the $170 Paypal reversal for everything included in the transaction? Trying to get money back for everything when only one or two things are messed up is not right.

I would offer a partial refund on the Gamecube and controller. Whatever that would entail. If what the buyer says is true, the Gamecube didn't work properly until they cleaned it. Even though the pictures show that it's dirty, it would still be presumed that it work upon arrival. So say, out of $170, the Gamecube was $40... if I were the seller, I would probably offer a refund of $20 or so. I don't know if you priced things out individually or just put a price on the whole bundle.

OR, I would offer a full refund on the Gamecube/controller part, but only under the condition that it would get sent back. I'd probably offer to pay return shipping as well, but that is just me. Maybe split that part? But, I'm assuming that this bundle was a Gamecube and a bunch of games? If so, I doubt the buyer would want to keep the games without a Gamecube.

Hope you two can work it out one way or another. I did record negative feedback for both of you in the sheet, but if it changes for any reason, just make a new post here. Don't update the existing one. Once I get to something, it's recorded and passed on forever!

Hedgey

I am only the person who updates the feedback sheet, so I am not coming from any place of authority on this. That Gamecube is gross (no offense), but the pictures are pretty detailed and it seems to me that the buyer would have known what they were getting with that. The video shows that the control stick is wobbly, so that's that... unless it got worse during shipping or it doesn't work at all. The video doesn't actually show any gameplay with the controller.

Is the $170 Paypal reversal for everything included in the transaction? Trying to get money back for everything when only one or two things are messed up is not right.

I would offer a partial refund on the Gamecube and controller. Whatever that would entail. If what the buyer says is true, the Gamecube didn't work properly until they cleaned it. Even though the pictures show that it's dirty, it would still be presumed that it work upon arrival. So say, out of $170, the Gamecube was $40... if I were the seller, I would probably offer a refund of $20 or so. I don't know if you priced things out individually or just put a price on the whole bundle.

OR, I would offer a full refund on the Gamecube/controller part, but only under the condition that it would get sent back. I'd probably offer to pay return shipping as well, but that is just me. Maybe split that part? But, I'm assuming that this bundle was a Gamecube and a bunch of games? If so, I doubt the buyer would want to keep the games without a Gamecube.

Hope you two can work it out one way or another. I did record negative feedback for both of you in the sheet, but if it changes for any reason, just make a new post here. Don't update the existing one. Once I get to something, it's recorded and passed on forever!

Messaged him to work something out once he cancels his PayPal dispute. Yes, he attempted to refund the money for the ENTIRE transaction without discussing anything with me. My PayPal account is currently sitting at -$170 thanks to this.
The whole thing leaves a horrible taste in my mouth and now I'm honestly frightened to do business here anymore, despite my previous positive transactions. I suppose that's why the feedback system is in place.

nozaku

Neo Member

He was unwilling to help:
"If there were a functional issue with the controller, then there would be cause for refund. However, that is not the case. I apologize that not everything was in pristine condition, but I gave you a massive discount on my already fair and discounted prices."

The charge back was my only option due to him insisting on sending with goods and services through paypal

The pictures he took did not show the inside being this disgusting. Those are pictures after I cleaned it a bunch to get it working and not the full extent of the nastiness

Hedgey

He was unwilling to help:
"If there were a functional issue with the controller, then there would be cause for refund. However, that is not the case. I apologize that not everything was in pristine condition, but I gave you a massive discount on my already fair and discounted prices."

The charge back was my only option due to him insisting on sending with goods and services through paypal

The pictures he took did not show the inside being this disgusting. Those are pictures after I cleaned it a bunch to get it working and not the full extent of the nastiness

Since you refuse to answer my PMs, I take it you aren't interested in a proper refund.
There is a PROCESS to resolving issues. You can't just file a claim on PayPal without discussing the problem with me, or the community.
I have already apologized for the cleanliness of the Gamecube system. It was an oversight on my part as I acquired it second hand and only used it to stream Gameboy Advance games through the Gameboy Player.
I am completely willing to refund a partial amount of the total to apologize for the cleanliness.
That does not entitle you to $170.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Positive buyer feedback for rc213. I sold him my wife's old Macbook Air - he was very quick to pay and also very understanding to my slow response time on some issues. Thanks mate!

nozaku

Neo Member
Since you refuse to answer my PMs, I take it you aren't interested in a proper refund.
There is a PROCESS to resolving issues. You can't just file a claim on PayPal without discussing the problem with me, or the community.
I have already apologized for the cleanliness of the Gamecube system. It was an oversight on my part as I acquired it second hand and only used it to stream Gameboy Advance games through the Gameboy Player.
I am completely willing to refund a partial amount of the total to apologize for the cleanliness.
That does not entitle you to $170.

Again, I asked for a partial and you said no.

Your PMs offered no resolution and others were basically threatening that is why they were ignored.

If you want to do what pete_clarf stated in a civil manner, PM and I will respond

rc213

POSITIVE SELLER FEEDBACK for nicoga3000

Sold me a Macbook Air, Came exactly as described. Fast and appropriate packaging. Great communication and a awesome deal.

Koppai

So, is there a time frame we are suppose to respond to a PM in order to purchase something?

I mean I guess it is their right to sell it to whoever they want, but was out running errands and when I got home I sent the payment. They refunded it, but still seems shitty. Just wondering? :S

Top Bottom