• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup | July 7-26 2017 | OT | [Insert pun]

RocknRola

Aww, damnit I missed the canucks!! >.<

Did they play well? Or was it one of those "you have to actively try to lose" sort of games?

PS: This US kit is hot fire.

Dwyer was pretty isolated most of the half. Acosta not passing well and Corona couldn't find the ball. Need to be a fair bit better in the second half.

F34R

Our guys (USA) need to make better runs. Ugh. Watching them jog in straight lines is demoralizing.

Playing too slow, and not tight enough on defense.

Icolin

Banned
Aww, damnit I missed the canucks!! >.<

Did they play well? Or was it one of those "you have to actively try to lose" sort of games?

PS: This US kit is hot fire.

Bit of both. We played well and dominated for all but 5-10 minutes, when French Guiana got their two goals and the majority of their chances.

Standouts were Scott Arfield of Burnley in the EPL, and 16 year old Whitecaps winger Alphonso Davies, who scored two goals.

Where's the USMNT game on? Univision and...?

Bart Simpson Fox.

F34R

soon as I bitch, we score lol. Did exactly what they weren't doing first half. Coming to the ball proper. Create the space, score.

Mesousa

Banned
Panama is better than the shitshow USA has dragged out tonight. Don't know why they didnt attack like this from the start.

F34R

Damn. Since the field players don't wanna actually defend...

Four freakin' players around the ball. smh PeeWee football.

RocknRola

Bit of both. We played well and dominated for all but 5-10 minutes, when French Guiana got their two goals and the majority of their chances.

Standouts were Scott Arfield of Burnley in the EPL, and 16 year old Whitecaps winger Alphonso Davies, who scored two goals.
16 year old!? Nice! :D

Always good to hear about talented young players getting their chances!

I need to be more aware of the schedule so I can catch the next match properly :p

Meier

Barcenas looks like a decent player. MLS teams should look at him.

As I say that he somehow hurt himself.

Really disappointing from Dax and Acosta today. They looked way off the pace which is strange given how well they played against Ghana.

F34R

Very disappointed for losing two points in that one. If this game is any indication of our quality for the rest of the tournament, we'll be lucky to get out of the group stages.

ZZMitch

People who think Michael Bradley shouldn't be starting for the USMNT should to be forced to watch this game on repeat. Midfield passing was terrrrrrible.

Very disappointed for losing two points in that one. If this game is any indication of our quality for the rest of the tournament, we'll be lucky to get out of the group stages.

We would have to play a hell of a lot worse than this to be out in the group stage. Remember the other two teams in the group are Nicaragua (bad) and Martinique (really really bad).

Top Bottom