• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup | July 7-26 2017 | OT | [Insert pun]

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
The Mexico v. Jamaica game was brutal to watch.

After watching the Copa Centinario last year, this Gold Cup has been a HUGE letdown so far. It's basically the embodiment of the stereotypes euro-snobs have for CONCACAF.

As others have already pointed out, the US B-squad has also been a disappointment. I don't really see anyone really advancing to the Varsity team after the last two performances. Morris and Zardes looked decent against tiny Martinique, but neither of those two made a good impression against Panama. If they can't have a good game against Panama, then they have no business getting serious minutes in the remaining WC qualifying.

The empty stadiums have also been an embarrassment. Granted I know Martinique v. Nicaragua won't exactly sell-out football stadiums in America, but they need to be a little smarter and put the low-profile games in smaller soccer specific stadiums and ideally near a city with a large community of people that have ties to one of the teams. I also think they did a poor job of promoting the Gold Cup in the selected cities. I live in the San Diego area and I had no idea that Mexico and Jamaica would be playing in Qualcomm last weekend.

Anyway, I hope things turn-around in the quarterfinals. We got spoiled from last summer.
Did you even watch the mex vs jam game? Lol...cuz im sure mex and jam played at broncos stadium in Denver..this past Thursday

If US doesn't win by 3, they'll end up 2nd in the group and face Costa Rica in the quarter finals. Should be a great match up, but I can see them putting 4 or 5 goals past Nicaragua tbh.

mreddie

PHILLY/GLENDALE

giphy.gif

Saw a report saying Bradley Howard Altidore and Nagbe are likely replacements for the knockout rounds. Doesn't do much for our defense but it's an improvement.

Top Bottom