• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

Lender

Some portraits

36367973940_e21aa9ba56_o.jpg

35970074383_f80b18ce7b_o.jpg

I_D

Everything is set to the highest settings the beta will allow, but I turned off most of the (horrible) post-processing stuff.

This game is, without question, the hardest shooter I've ever played. I've managed to get three player-kills in about 25 matches.

This is the only Unity-based game in recent memory that actually allows for non-native resolutions, though, so that's a major plus in my book.

escapefromtarkov2017-utro1.png

escapefromtarkov2017-9hryp.png

amoebae

You don't have to do the thumbnail thing. I sure as hell never did. You just have to manually create the screeenshots folder (or capture 1 with steam so it creates one for you), then drag everything in there. And they have to be JPGs. Restart steam and they should be available for upload. It's not that much work, and you have the added benefit of actually being able to capture Reshade and the like (which I don't think Steam does).

They did break that method at some point didn't they? At least, I remember last time I tried to do it I ended up having to rename all sorts of things (following a tutorial I found on steam). I know when I did it back in the day it was as simple as just dumping them in the folder and restarting, but they changed how it worked, making it more of a drag.

(I haven't done it for a few months so they may well have changed it back to the original way again.)

K-putt

Captured at more or less 15 megapixel. Anything above that and the shadows and lighting starts to weird out. At least on my machine it does. Might not happen with more than 3GB vram.

Myself said:

K-putt

Those are some nice shots. How do you like the game?

It's probably the best F1 game in recent years. If not ever? I did a review on the game, you can find it if you google my name, probably.

Is there an ingame photo mode for f1 2017?

There is indeed. It's not perfect, but better than most photomodes.

And here's some Hellblade since nobody seems to post shots of that game.

36454587775_292f29d30d_k.jpg

36153267590_efbe08015f_k.jpg

Parsnip

I don't play a lot of car games, but am always happy to see screenshots of new car games.

Those F1 shots are very very nice.

Coreda

I used this table.. In the comments on this shot IDK32FC shared his latest table with me, which added god mode and some other tricks. I've yet to find the time to play much with that, but the table also works for me. Hope this helps. Maybe the fact that you were seeing the world map only was because you had disabled the HUD. That also disables the menu. Toggle the HUD back on, and the menu pops back in over the map. At least, I think that might be what you're seeing.

Thanks. I'll check when I next launch it. I also experienced the AO banding you mentioned on flickr (and appears to be ever-so-subtly visible in this lovely shot). I was trying to get 21:9 working with FAR 0.5.7 and struggled with the banding before re-launching the game and it suddenly being fixed. No idea if it was a setting or something else that caused/fixed the issue.

They did break that method at some point didn't they? At least, I remember last time I tried to do it I ended up having to rename all sorts of things (following a tutorial I found on steam). I know when I did it back in the day it was as simple as just dumping them in the folder and restarting, but they changed how it worked, making it more of a drag.

(I haven't done it for a few months so they may well have changed it back to the original way again.)

Just did a quick test. Here's my screenshots folder for PUBG:

Didn't rename anything. The file is literally called "HellbladeGame-Win64-Shipping_2017_08_10_21_49_50_845.jpg"

I created the folder for that game manually too since I couldn't get Steam's screenshot capture to work....

midhras

Thanks. I'll check when I next launch it. I also experienced the AO banding you mentioned on flickr (and appears to be ever-so-subtly visible in this lovely shot). I was trying to get 21:9 working with FAR 0.5.7 and struggled with the banding before re-launching the game and it suddenly being fixed. No idea if it was a setting or something else that caused/fixed the issue.

I've had similar aspect ratios show banding and no banding between relaunches. I really don't get what causes it, but I suspect FAR to be involved in it, as well as the aspect ratio involved with the resolution in the game's configuration file (which you can manually adjust). I'll get around to testing when I finish with Wolfenstein.

One3rd

35842937293_1802f02f88_o.jpg

I created something that you all will like, a Multi LUT shader. It's based on the LUT.fx shader in Reshade, and instead of using a single LUT, it uses 12 (one 'neutral' and 11 LUTs I made). I adjusted the code so it can properly index into a packed LUT texture with multiple LUT sub textures.
Very cool, I've wanted to start using LUT's but was put off by some of the complexity in setting them up with ReShade. This will certainly help with that, thanks for sharing!

I used that but I sometimes I want to share screenshots via Steam as well. It's not really convenient to put the screenshot into the specific screenshot and thumbnail folder, then restart Steam to actually recognize them and THEN to upload them.
They did break that method at some point didn't they? At least, I remember last time I tried to do it I ended up having to rename all sorts of things (following a tutorial I found on steam)...
You can try the SteaScree tool that Afro mentioned earlier in the thread. I tried this out recently and it works well for batch copying images to your local Steam screenshots folders and rebuilding the files that Steam needs to then see those images for uploading. One thing to keep in mind is that you may need to have taken at least one screenshot in-game with Steam before being able to upload images...at least this is what I found.

Edit:

Didn't rename anything. The file is literally called "HellbladeGame-Win64-Shipping_2017_08_10_21_49_50_845.jpg"

I created the folder for that game manually too since I couldn't get Steams screenshot capture to work....
Jim, are you able to actually upload that image after those steps or do you get an error when trying that? If your able to upload then that method sounds like the way to go.

amoebae

I created the folder for that game manually too since I couldn't get Steam's screenshot capture to work....

Thanks for that. If it's less cumbersome than before I might consider putting more shots up on steam in the future.

Edit: Oh, reading further comments, seems like it is still a bit flaky. I guess it still requires the extra steps.

keraj37

Captured at more or less 15 megapixel. Anything above that and the shadows and lighting starts to weird out. At least on my machine it does. Might not happen with more than 3GB vram.

Nice! I really am thinking about buying it now on steam. But after all I still didn't play much PC1:

6B86D615BE17AA4064C5C6D6DD91657E8A11BC69

D46BF112B20EB08852A4E7A0838E38DC3B069050

Top Bottom