• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

Lime

mgsvtpp2017-07-0221-5mxsk0.jpg

mgsvtpp2017-06-2901-0grsqt.jpg

dr_rus

Mafia 3 with lots of downsampling looks really nice. Too bad that they've used trash tier PP/TAA for the actual game.

Yeah I don't know what DICE is doing. Battlefront had perfect IQ, but in BF1 they're destroying it with sharpening filters and CA.

They turn on CA for the snow maps for some reason. You don't see it on the other maps.

I've also never seen any sharpening by default either?

Anyone know how can i active dof while using free camera tool? I'm using Extreme Injector and i noob with it.

rottr_2017_09_10_06_146svk.jpg

rottr_2017_09_10_05_56rsmb.jpg

Also these is so much amazing pictures everyone, keep coming!

OtisInf

Anyone know how can i active dof while using free camera tool? I'm using Extreme Injector and i noob with it.
Reshade 3 I presume? The depth buffer is very very narrow in ROTTR, so you have to fiddle a bit with the settings. I don't know exactly again what I did, but I'll give you some pointers.

- first you need the 'DisplayDepth' shader: https://github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/master/Shaders/DisplayDepth.fx If you downloaded all shaders for v3 when you installed reshade you likely have it already. This shader allows you to view the depth buffer.
- Make sure the displaydepth shader is in your game's reshade-shaders\shaders folder. You'll know that it is when it's showing up in reshade in-game in the list of effects on the Home tab.
- Be sure you're in the game in a level, not on the titlescreen.
- In-game, open reshade and on the home tab enable 'DisplayDepth'. You'll likely either see a full white or full black screen. If you see vague contours of your level, you're setup OK and DoF will work. If you see either a black or white screen (depth buffer is either filled with zeros (black) or ones (white)) read on.
- go to the 'Settings' tab. Here it is you need to make some changes and test things out. In the 'pre-processor definitions' you'll see things like RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0. Change that to 1
- go to the hometab of the reshade menu and click 'Reload'. This is important.
- Again on the home tab enable display depth. If you see contours: you're done. If not (as I said, i don't know exactly what I did to make it work :( ) you did see the screen change from black to white or vice versa)
- If that didn't work, change RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC to 1 and repeat the previous steps of 'reload' and testing with displaydepth.

It is very narrow tho, by which I mean the horizon isn't white, it's still dark grey, meaning depth info of pixels far away is very close to depth info of pixels close by, so detailed DOF shots are not really possible but it is possible to have dof behind Lara (like e.g. in this shot https://www.flickr.com/photos/52066611@N00/30835535645/in/album-72157674389099842/).

Good luck.

I'm referring to this. It's imbedded in to the TAA. Looks bad when you use resolution scaling which already has a sharpening effect.

That TAA sharpening isn't too visible on native or custom higher resolutions tbh, but on 1080p it's god-awful.
But yes that CA is terrible and there's absolutely no reason for those maps to have it enabled.

Reshade 3 I presume? The depth buffer is very very narrow in ROTTR, so you have to fiddle a bit with the settings. I don't know exactly again what I did, but I'll give you some pointers.

- first you need the 'DisplayDepth' shader: https://github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/master/Shaders/DisplayDepth.fx If you downloaded all shaders for v3 when you installed reshade you likely have it already. This shader allows you to view the depth buffer.
- Make sure the displaydepth shader is in your game's reshade-shaders\shaders folder. You'll know that it is when it's showing up in reshade in-game in the list of effects on the Home tab.
- Be sure you're in the game in a level, not on the titlescreen.
- In-game, open reshade and on the home tab enable 'DisplayDepth'. You'll likely either see a full white or full black screen. If you see vague contours of your level, you're setup OK and DoF will work. If you see either a black or white screen (depth buffer is either filled with zeros (black) or ones (white)) read on.
- go to the 'Settings' tab. Here it is you need to make some changes and test things out. In the 'pre-processor definitions' you'll see things like RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0. Change that to 1
- go to the hometab of the reshade menu and click 'Reload'. This is important.
- Again on the home tab enable display depth. If you see contours: you're done. If not (as I said, i don't know exactly what I did to make it work :( ) you did see the screen change from black to white or vice versa)
- If that didn't work, change RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC to 1 and repeat the previous steps of 'reload' and testing with displaydepth.

It is very narrow tho, by which I mean the horizon isn't white, it's still dark grey, meaning depth info of pixels far away is very close to depth info of pixels close by, so detailed DOF shots are not really possible but it is possible to have dof behind Lara (like e.g. in this shot https://www.flickr.com/photos/52066611@N00/30835535645/in/album-72157674389099842/).

Good luck.

Wow, thanks for the detail help! That sounds so much work. :p

midhras

Reshade 3 I presume? The depth buffer is very very narrow in ROTTR, so you have to fiddle a bit with the settings.

Otis, can you explain what you mean when you say the depth buffer is narrow? I didn't quite follow that depth info bit above. I didn't have problems setting a nice range of depth of field, like in for instance these shots: Example A, example B.

Am I missing something?

One3rd

WTF?!!!

How that is possible?

Amazing
Thanks. It's a skin for your gladiator that you have available only in the arena matches.

Did you get Reshade v3 to work with ROTTR? I was only able to get it working without the 3DMigoto HUD toggle and had to resort to Reshade v2. Maybe I was using the wrong build though.

OtisInf

Did you get Reshade v3 to work with ROTTR? I was only able to get it working without the 3DMigoto HUD toggle and had to resort to Reshade v2. Maybe I was using the wrong build though.
afaik it was reshade 3 yes. Haven't used reshade 2 in ages. :)

Yeah 3D migoto for HUD toggles.. let's see what we can do about that ;)

Otis, can you explain what you mean when you say the depth buffer is narrow? I didn't quite follow that depth info bit above. I didn't have problems setting a nice range of depth of field, like in for instance these shots: Example A, example B.

Am I missing something?
Narrow as in: there's little difference between the depth value of a pixel far away (e.g. on the horizon) and close by (e.g. the player model) so depth of field is a bit difficult to configure as you don't have a wide range of values (which normally range from 0.0 at camera location, to 1.0 on the horizon, but here e.g. range from 0.0 to 0.3) so if you zoom in on a face for example and you want half-way across the face the out-of-focus range to start you might find that difficult to achieve as the depth value of the pixels are almost the same (so for the DoF shader they appear to be on the same depth location)

One3rd

afaik it was reshade 3 yes. Haven't used reshade 2 in ages. :)

Yeah 3D migoto for HUD toggles.. let's see what we can do about that ;)
I must be doing something wrong then. I'll try again with different builds of v3. Thanks.

And yes, I saw your GitHub post on this the other day. Sounds interesting!

Lime

Sigh @ the bikini armour... >_<

Such a glorious improvement. What should have been.

It unfortunately still has that dumb zip-down and the animations and camera work are dumb to be forced through. Mechanics are fantastic though and the so-called gameplay loop can be a bit addictive, like a well-designed mobile game. The gameplay mods also help a bit with the frustrating things and the modded custom soldier makes it fun to play (disregarding the colonial politics of course)

Top Bottom