• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

OtisInf

36147002984_c2d83137c3_o.jpg

36173838773_a9f0e94c1e_o.jpg

Thanks, that'll come in handy soon. Just downloaded all of your other Camera Tools from github, much appreciated!
You're welcome :) No need to download them all in one go btw, they're not going anywhere, there's no quota for downloads etc. (not that the traffic is high), so just pick the camera you need to be sure you're using the latest build ;)

Skyrim Special Edition in 4K. Obviously an older game but running it in 4K 60 fps, on a high quality display really breathes new life into it.
20D3aLE.jpg

ndwij4F.jpg

OtisInf

37004299305_215a63b411_o.jpg

37004299425_cf9b6d7359_o.jpg

I had mods on the non special edition. Wanted to do an actual play through, since I was never able to finish the game in previous attempts due to game breaking bugs, before modding.
At least use console commands for freecam, hud hide etc. to make your shots better, don't you think? Vanilla skyrim shots with hud are... not really what you'd want to look at in 2017. ;) See here for a list: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/818488-screenshot-console-commands/

37004299305_215a63b411_o.jpg

37004299425_cf9b6d7359_o.jpg

At least use console commands for freecam, hud hide etc. to make your shots better, don't you think? Vanilla skyrim shots with hud are... not really what you'd want to look at in 2017. ;) See here for a list: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/818488-screenshot-console-commands/

6EC8rU0.jpg

You mean like this? I'm really, really lazy so I didn't even bother taking any of the extra steps despite being OCD when it comes to clutter. I'm also a photography enthusiast as well so double sadness.

p.s. I still didn't make all of the HUD elements completely transparent and the OSD is still running ;)

Jedi2016

At least use console commands for freecam, hud hide etc. to make your shots better, don't you think? Vanilla skyrim shots with hud are... not really what you'd want to look at in 2017. ;)
It's a matter of taste, really. I prefer seeing games as they would look when I'm playing them. Photo mode and free cam is fine for catching moments, but it's not really the "norm" of playing a game.

diaspora

Man, a modified and colour graded monochrome really lends itself well to Fallout New Vegas. I'm gonna get some HD textures tomorrow and see what it can really look like.

36178909854_97cbc39751_o.gif

OtisInf

Lovely shots... you've just about made me buy the game to appease my inner graphics whore. Is the title any good? Would you say the reshade is crucial to the presentation, much like I would consider it to be in Mafia 3?
thanks :) Game is great, just see it as a shooter where stealth is key and you just fuck things up. Reshade isn't necessary, game looks realistically good straight away, but it couldn't hurt of course ;)

6EC8rU0.jpg

You mean like this? I'm really, really lazy so I didn't even bother taking any of the extra steps despite being OCD when it comes to clutter. I'm also a photography enthusiast as well so double sadness.

p.s. I still didn't make all of the HUD elements completely transparent and the OSD is still running ;)
sure you're lazy, if you can't even be bothered with removing HUD shit from your shots. But ask yourself this: why share it at all if you have no intention of making it beautiful? It can't be to show off how skyrim looks, we all have that burned on our retina. You don't have to make them 'semi transparent', the console command to hide the hud is 'tm', 2 damn characters.

So why not make a bit of an effort?

thanks :) Game is great, just see it as a shooter where stealth is key and you just fuck things up. Reshade isn't necessary, game looks realistically good straight away, but it couldn't hurt of course ;)

sure you're lazy, if you can't even be bothered with removing HUD shit from your shots. But ask yourself this: why share it at all if you have no intention of making it beautiful? It can't be to show off how skyrim looks, we all have that burned on our retina. You don't have to make them 'semi transparent', the console command to hide the hud is 'tm', 2 damn characters.

So why not make a bit of an effort?

Ugh fine.

caVrhhS.jpg

Nick Pal

Last one for Skyrim SE and you'll never have to look at screenshots of this game ever again

3CHJcmp.jpg

I think for most of us shots look cleaner and just generally nicer without the HUD. You don't even have to use a free camera to make a shot look good. That's all Otis is saying. For those that prefer the HUD..well use your imagination or search the net for that. So carry on what you're doing if it makes you happy but if I can make one suggestion, that would be to lower the FOV on your last two shots. I think it's way too high for those angles.

JuanmaWL

Code:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/YqsMuP][img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4393/37032800875_64fbe6dddc_k.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WLnyP9][img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4308/35945399030_bc4a87292b_k.jpg[/img][/url]

dr_rus

Last one for Skyrim SE and you'll never have to look at screenshots of this game ever again

I think your shots are fine. People here seem to suggest that a screenshot is a screenshot only if you spend several hours (or days even) setting it up and this is something I absolutely disagree with. HUDs are a part of gaming visuals as much as anything else so it's totally fine to post screenshots with HUDs, even if it's very easy to hide them (and more than once I hadn't bothered removing the HUD from some game if it was more complex than pressing a button). FOV of your shots is fine also. And you most definitely are not required to use any hacks / free cam tools / injectors to make a screenshot.

Top Bottom