• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY set in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Via Facebook.
NEW ACTION-PACKED EVENT SERIES “24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY” TAKES JACK BAUER TO ENGLAND FOR 12 ACTION-PACKED EPISODES

24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY Marks the First “24” Production to Film Abroad Since 2008 Telefilm “24: Redemption”

Twentieth Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and FOX are sending the production of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY across the Atlantic to London for a thrilling international adventure, as the new tent-pole event series restarts the clock on the groundbreaking and Emmy Award-winning drama franchise starring Kiefer Sutherland. As previously announced, 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY will make its historic debut in the summer of 2014 on FOX.

“‘24’ has always had such a global sensibility,” said Sutherland, who also serves as an executive producer on the event series. “But to be able to tell this intense ‘24’-style story with the beauty of Europe’s history and architecture as the backdrop is going to be fascinating. Hopefully, by the time you’re finished watching an episode, you’ll feel like you’ve been there...on the edge of your seat.”

Co-showrunner and executive producer Evan Katz added, “We wanted the show’s return to be an event, and part of that was putting Jack in a very different context. Four years ago, we left Jack a fugitive from justice and we’re going to pick him up four years later in London.”

Co-showrunner and executive producer Manny Coto continued, “Jack is soon back on the run and it takes us into the streets of London and in places that break new ground for the show. We’ve shot in New York, Washington, Los Angeles and Cape Town -- but now we’re in London and Jack’s loose on the streets of Europe, hunted by and hunting bad guys.”

Originally premiering November 6, 2001, “24” was nominated for a total of 73 Emmy Awards, winning for Outstanding Drama Series in 2006. Over the course of eight seasons, and a two-hour telefilm, Sutherland garnered seven Emmy Award nominations and one win for Outstanding Lead Actor – Drama Series. While the series gained global recognition, Sutherland’s portrayal of the legendary character penetrated the American psyche like no other dramatic television character to become part of the cultural lexicon.

Interesting place.

Abdozer

Forgot that they're making a new series, I need to finish up Season 5 and the rest of the show.

12 episodes though? Weren't the seasons 24 each?

Tookay

Can't wait for Bauer's glorious return.

Really hoping this new format works well.

Forgot that they're making a new series, I need to finish up Season 5 and the rest of the show.

Honestly, you could stop there. Or at least skip Season 6.

Can't wait for Bauer's glorious return.

Really hoping this new format works well.

I have high hopes for it. What holds network tv back is that 24 episodes leads to half of it just being filler. I feel like 12 episodes is a big step in the right direction that will let them cut out a lot of the bullshit (though I'd love like a 5-7 episode 24 series a la Luther).

Dysun

I'm so ready for this
krs.png

Tookay

I have high hopes for it. What holds network tv back is that 24 episodes leads to half of it just being filler. I feel like 12 episodes is a big step in the right direction that will let them cut out a lot of the bullshit (though I'd love like a 5-7 episode 24 series a la Luther).

Yeah, I think it's a step in the right direction. You can definitely tell there are points in several lesser seasons of 24 where they are just throwing shit on the wall and hoping something sticks.

Yeah I heard some really mixed stuff about Season 6 and 7, I read Season 8 is great though.

Season 6 is terrible, for many reasons I'd like to get into, but I can't.

I'd say the first 2/3 of Season 7 are good. And the back half Season 8 is good/great.

But Season 5 is arguably the last solid season.

zma1013

Jack: "CHLOE, I need you to hack into the government database!"

Chloe: "alskhdp98ayp98qh32j;ljr2yn8yroja;sfyo8t1r871yrio1lksypa, ACCESS GRANTED"

24 is the greatest thing ever.

I thought Gordon was showrunning though, no? Seems like Coto-Katz. Don't feel great about that.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
JACK BAUER POWER HOUR RETURNS

Beaten! God bless Jack Bauer, so excited for more 24!

My favorite joke: Los Angeles once named a street after Jack Bauer in honor of his saving the city so many times. They had to rename the road because people kept dying when they tried to go across it. No one crosses Jack Bauer and lives.

liquidtmd

Banned
Season 6 of 24 was one of my most depressing seasons of a show ever until Dexter Season 8 drunkenly toppled it off the spot like a defenceless Christmas tree

24 S7 and 8 were reasonably watchable recoveries and Kiefer was committed right till the end. S8 began like it should have ended though :(

Is this a continuation of the final season where Jack was on the run from the Russians?

At the end of S8 wasn't pretty much every nation on the planet after Jack? He'd pissed off the Russians, Americans, Chinese, Germans, French, Spanish... The last 6 episodes were pretty funny in how the writers seemingly wanted Bauer to burn every single bridge and seemingly leave no way to return.

Bauer vs. London rush hour traffic? Fuuuuuuu

The makers have mentioned filming stuff in the UK throughout the series because of it being an early hit there, so it makes sense of them filming there (well that and the tax breaks)

One the things i loved about 24 was that it was unpredictable and exciting, seasons 6-8 became boring and very predictable. I hope the different location + shorter season will make it good again.

On a sidenote, the UK version of the season 2 boxset has a line a dialogue that was cut out because Tony Almeida makes reference to a popular London mosque (and it may have offended some people):

http://dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=3927

There are tax breaks in the uk??

Not a fan of london based shows... Maybe because its the uk and its ALWAYS fucking cloudy. Doesn't look as pretty on film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom