• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY set in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Banned
classic

Can't wait. I hope the 12 hours leads to less filler, and an overall more focused season. Nearly every season of 24 comes out the gate with four great episodes, and ends with four good to great episodes. The problems tend to arise shortly after those four, and towards the middle of the season as the threat moves from Stage 1 to Stage 2. S6 is quite disliked, but most people would probably argue its first four episodes are some of the strongest in the series.

In short, if this season can really nail episodes 5-8 it'll be really fucking good.

The best stretch of episodes was the back half of season 3, there was like 10 incredible episodes in a row.

Nina returns and Jack finally gets revenge, Sherry returns to cause more trouble, Saunders introduced as villain with personal ties to Jack, the fucked up Chapelle episode (best of the series), virus being released in the hotel arc, Michelle being kidnapped and the hostage exchange, F-18's blowing up Saunders escape helicopter, Jack putting Saunders daughter in the contaminated hotel to make him talk, Jack running through an elementary school with a deadly virus and cutting off his partners arm with a fire axe...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
No 12 episodes of regular length just 2 hours in 24 world will pass I assume, that way they can skip pointless things that were basically fillers like travelling to and from places.

they should drop the 'it's in real time' garbage. ended up working against the show. It basically was just a lie they tell at the start of the show and then ignore it anyway. Jack would then use magic coffee to heal his bullet wounds etc.

also if they do the 'we caught the bad guy on hour 12. turns out HIS BOSS IS THE REAL BAD GUY' again...... show is so formulaic it got laughable. Season 1 was still one of the best shows ever though.

Lakitu

st5fu
I would have loved them to go to China
when Jack was kidnapped. Instead we get him shipped back :(

Can't wait for this. I love 24, best seasons are definitely 3, 5 and 7 for me. Although I enjoyed them all (even 6 to a much lesser degree).

Tankshell

Forgot that they're making a new series, I need to finish up Season 5 and the rest of the show.

12 episodes though? Weren't the seasons 24 each?

The entire concept of the show was that a single season took place over a single 24 hour period in realtime, 1 hour per episode.

They need to rename the series to: "12", for this to make any sense. Either that or drop the realtime concept, which TBH was what made the show great in the first place (although in later series became more of an afterthought, as somebody else said).

Hystzen

let me guess every english character will have the usual rich boy or cockney accent like every time a US show is filmed in UK.

Still going be hilarious seeing Big Boss running around

strafer

Kim Raver & William Devane Set For ’24: Live Another Day’

Els7vtV.jpg

Dysun

Nice Audrey and her dad are back, I thought he had died when he drove off that mountain (had to look it up)

They should bring back Nina as her evil twin or Mandy

NYR

So stoked this show is back. Biggest regret was letting the last season sit on my pvr for a year before I got around to it. Got so sad when it was over. :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
FUCK YES

I always wanted this. I'd love to see a 24 with a new cast that was set in the UK.

foxtrot3d

Banned
So here's what we know will happen:

-Jack will be brought in to help MI6/whatever help apprehend some terrorist, maybe even one tied to his past operative days. Nukes or Chemical Weapon threats will be involved or maybe even some economic virus due to modern economic fears.
-Jack will reluctantly go along but will eventually go rogue when his methods prove to be too extreme.
Jack's instinct and methods will be right.
-There will be a mole inside MI6, MI5, or whatever British equivalent they will invent for CTU.
-MI6 will get attacked due to this inside mole.
-Original Terrorist A is actually just a pawn in the larger conspiracy of Super Corporate/Political Villain B. And, Jack being brought in was probably a part of the larger conspiracy.
-Chole will hack things.
-Insert romance scenes between Jack and Audrey, mostly done over the phone.
-Jack will shoot everyone, learn the truth, which will eventually lead to him assassinating the Prime Minister and the Queen of England.
-Jack goes on the run.

Deadly

I'm interested in seeing how Chloe gets brought back in. Last time we saw her she was getting arrested for the events of the finale.

jadedm17

Straight to my veins. Rewatching S5 with my gf. Still so good.

Easily the best season. (Seriously, google something like "Best seasons of 24")

I did a rewatch last year, so damn awesome.

Excited for this, whenever I see it.
Thanks for sobering up Kiefer Sutherland

Deadly

I thought last time we saw her she was promoted to Director of CTU NY?
She was promoted to Director during the season but in the dvd set there is a video that is set after the finale and she gets arrested by the FBI for helping Jack escape.

Nameless

I don't understand how it can be 12 episodes. Unless they're 2 hours each? It has to have 24 hours of action or it's not 24.

The real time format would still work showing 12 hours of Jack's day, in or out of order.

A direct flight from L.A to London is about 10-11 hours so my guess is the first hour will be in Los Angeles, the next 12 will occur off screen as Jack preps and travels to London, then we'll get 11 straight hours of classic 24.

Vibranium

Banned

Oh snap! I hope they don't fucking kill Audrey or injure her a ton again, I'd like Jack to actually have a romantic interest who doesn't get capped or messed up during a season for once.

And her dad is a fucking badass, I want him and Jack wrecking shit up with machine guns again. Super happy to see both of them back!!

Now resurrect George Mason from the dead and it's all good.

I hope they bring Logan back somehow. It can't be Season 8 Logan corrupts the leader again, so maybe he's working with the villians this time.

Edit: well he was secretly already but whatever

So here's what we know will happen:

-Jack will be brought in to help MI6/whatever help apprehend some terrorist, maybe even one tied to his past operative days. Nukes or Chemical Weapon threats will be involved or maybe even some economic virus due to modern economic fears.
-Jack will reluctantly go along but will eventually go rogue when his methods prove to be too extreme.
Jack's instinct and methods will be right.
-There will be a mole inside MI6, MI5, or whatever British equivalent they will invent for CTU.
-MI6 will get attacked due to this inside mole.
-Original Terrorist A is actually just a pawn in the larger conspiracy of Super Corporate/Political Villain B. And, Jack being brought in was probably a part of the larger conspiracy.
-Chole will hack things.
-Insert romance scenes between Jack and Audrey, mostly done over the phone.
-Jack will shoot everyone, learn the truth, which will eventually lead to him assassinating the Prime Minister and the Queen of England.
-Jack goes on the run.

You forgot one more: James Bond will team up with Jack Bauer. Then, as Bauer and Bond head to Waterloo Station, they see Bourne running.

Vibranium

Banned
I hope they bring Logan back somehow. It can't be Season 8 Logan corrupts the leader again, so maybe he's working with the villians this time.

To be honest, I think they're just going to roll with Logan being
permanently brain-dead due to his suicide attempt in S8
, they might connect him with the bad guys during this series though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom