• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY set in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodzilla

Forgot that they're making a new series, I need to finish up Season 5 and the rest of the show.

Watch the first 4 eps of S6, then skip the rest of it because it all goes downhill from there.

S7 is a pretty great season, on par or slightly better than S4 in my book. S8's first half is bland and slow, but the last 8 eps are a shocking return to insanity and fun.

My overly complicated season breakdown:

Last third of S3
>
First 4 eps of S6
>
S5 = Last third of S8 = First half of S1
>
S2 = S7
>
First two thirds of S3
>
S4 = Second half of S1 = Redemption = First two thirds of S8
>>>>>>>>
Rest of the shitpile that is S6

No 12 episodes of regular length just 2 hours in 24 world will pass I assume, that way they can skip pointless things that were basically fillers like travelling to and from places.

Thats probably a good thing then.

One thing I love about cable shows(Breaking Bad, GoT, etc) is that they have shorter seasons and cut out the filler. Less filler is always good.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can already see it...

Jack : "Chloe, you need to open a socket in London NOW!"
Chloe : "Give me some time Jack, i'm still in LA."
Jack : "Dammit Chloe, there's no time!"

Tugatrix

rvgh.gif

I'm ready

Vally

YESSSSS

This is going to be awesome, can't wait

I can't believe it's called "Live Another Day", sounds corny as hell.

I don't particularly mind it but yeah, it sounds too James Bondish... they could still change it though, like they did for the TV movie (changed from 'Exile' to 'Redemption' which was a much better title imo)

reKon

Banned
Watch the first 4 eps of S6, then skip the rest of it because it all goes downhill from there.

S7 is a pretty great season, on par or slightly better than S4 in my book. S8's first half is bland and slow, but the last 8 eps are a shocking return to insanity and fun.

My overly complicated season breakdown:

Last third of S3
>
First 4 eps of S6
>
S5 = Last third of S8 = First half of S1
>
S2 = S7
>
First two thirds of S3
>
S4 = Second half of S1 = Redemption = First two thirds of S8
>>>>>>>>
Rest of the shitpile that is S6

did you recently go on a 24 marathon or something?

smr00

Banned
Forgot that they're making a new series, I need to finish up Season 5 and the rest of the show.

12 episodes though? Weren't the seasons 24 each?
It's a limited return.

Unless they show a 2 hour episode each week it will span across 12 hours. Unless they jump the shark more and have flash forwards.

Wes

venison crêpe
Should be a nice showcase for even more British actors and actresses to break in to the US market.

Plus 12 episodes is a similar run to the longest British productions. Should be an easier transition for them.

Spoilers for seasons 7/8, I can't remember which. I would put it in spoiler tags but I figure anyone who's reading this thread has watched the show, so whatever. Also, it been years. Be warned.

I found seasons 7 and 8 to be so horribly forgettable. I don't even remember what happened to Tony. Did he die? Or did something else happen to him? I dunno. I'm still angry they never brought back Chase.

Spoilers for seasons 7/8, I can't remember which. I would put it in spoiler tags but I figure anyone who's reading this thread has watched the show, so whatever. Also, it been years. Be warned.

I found seasons 7 and 8 to be so horribly forgettable. I don't even remember what happened to Tony. Did he die? Or did something else happen to him? I dunno. I'm still angry they never brought back Chase.

He got arrested and dragged off screaming like a bitch.

Zodzilla

Tony goes to prison. He attempts to kill the head of the Bluetooth Mafia, Alan Wilson for what he did to Michelle, but Jack shoots him in the hand before he does.

did you recently go on a 24 marathon or something?

Nah, it's just my favorite show of all time. Even inspired me to work in the TV industry since I knew we were kind of in a television golden age between it and Lost. Haven't really watched too much of it since it ended, but rewatching select parts now.

Vibranium

Banned

Season 8 gave us one of the greatest 24 scenes ever, you should remember this one:
That's Jack Bauer

As for Tony, yeah he got arrested crying and had a shitty send-off.

Anyways I'm super excited for London being the setting, hopefully this confirms that Kim won't come anywhere near Jack including by cell phone.

Sean

Banned
It's a limited return.

Unless they show a 2 hour episode each week it will span across 12 hours. Unless they jump the shark more and have flash forwards.

The story still takes place over 24 hours, they're just going to skip hours and show half of Jack's day. So instead of having episodes where he's just in a car or plane traveling to the next location they can just skip ahead.

Vibranium

Banned
The story still takes place over 24 hours, they're just going to skip hours and show half of Jack's day. So instead of having episodes where he's just in a car or plane traveling to the next location they can just skip ahead.

Which hopefully should help skip filler BS unless the writers come up with even more ridiculous stuff to detract from what people want to see- Jack kicking tons of ass and uncovering what's going on.

On the note I also really like it when he does "spy stuff", the Season 1 sequence in Alexi Drazen's bugged hotel room was awesome, I miss the times when the agency higher-ups actually accept Jack and work with him.

bndadm

8BkhQ5i.jpg

I believe you owe me a WET list, brother.

Make this happen.

This is going to be great. I thought season 7 helped freshen up the show when they actually shot some of it on location in D.C. (which hurt season 8 since you could really feel it was just a blue-tinted LA).

Pimpwerx

They had a great chance to take 24 to China back in like season 3 or 4 or whenever that was, but they didn't. The show fell off a cliff after Season 4 IMO, so I have next to zero interest in this. I was hoping this was a movie and not a series, but whatever. I might give the pilot a shot, because it used to be my favorite show. However, if they detonate a nuke in the first 4 hours again, I'm never going back. PEACE.

Bishop89

im going to be so disconnected hearing those accents with jack bauer shouting at people.

Still will watch cause:

original

I started watching this show a few weeks ago, awesome stuff, but my dad was completely hooked, he watched the entire series in like less than 3 weeks. He'll be happy to hear there will be more Jack after the series ending leaving it all like a cliffhanger.

classic

Can't wait. I hope the 12 hours leads to less filler, and an overall more focused season. Nearly every season of 24 comes out the gate with four great episodes, and ends with four good to great episodes. The problems tend to arise shortly after those four, and towards the middle of the season as the threat moves from Stage 1 to Stage 2. S6 is quite disliked, but most people would probably argue its first four episodes are some of the strongest in the series.

In short, if this season can really nail episodes 5-8 it'll be really fucking good.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
They had a great chance to take 24 to China back in like season 3 or 4 or whenever that was, but they didn't. The show fell off a cliff after Season 4 IMO, so I have next to zero interest in this. I was hoping this was a movie and not a series, but whatever. I might give the pilot a shot, because it used to be my favorite show. However, if they detonate a nuke in the first 4 hours again, I'm never going back. PEACE.

Oh man that was such a fucking bummer (when they didn't go to China-- what was that for again?), they really did miss a lot of opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom