• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

kaskade said:
You lucky bastards. Are youses on the east coast?

Nope. Washington State, westcoast. I had it sent overnight.

(I would take more pics but I'm at work for the next 6 hours.)

213rtk.jpg

ShockingAlberto said:
Huh, so tallying it up...

I could get $205 from a trade-in.

Hmm.

That's acceptable.

Edit: Does anyone know if it's possible they would let you transfer to the new 360 in-store?

As long as the store isn't too busy, they might let you hook up your new system on the television they use to test systems. Just ask and explain it to them. If they are nice, they may let you do it. It wouldn't be that big of a lost on their end unless the store is slammed and they may not have the room to do it.

I've got two working systems, a 20GB drive, and some random shit (memory card, quick charge base, Halo 3 headset) in the trunk of my car for the next few days, and several local Gamestops programmed in my speed dial. Hope to get lucky.

Alucrid

Banned
Got it. I call and they tell me they have two left. Okay, I can get there in like 13 minutes. So I go, however at a stop sign a funeral procession crosses in front of me. Fuck. So I have to follow them, but eventually they turn so a 13 minute drive takes 25. Great. When I get there for some reason my 360 wasn't working on their testing thing, so I say that I was playing it fine through HDMI earlier. Well the employee said that that's the reason why it isn't picking up the composite cables. I thought that the xbox just automatically detects the source, but okay. I drive back, get it working within a minute at my house and drive back to gamestop. That's fine though since they held it for me while I was doing so. Now I'm at home with it...anyone want pictures?

Ashodin

Alucrid said:
Got it. I call and they tell me they have two left. Okay, I can get there in like 13 minutes. So I go, however at a stop sign a funeral procession crosses in front of me. Fuck. So I have to follow them, but eventually they turn so a 13 minute drive takes 25. Great. When I get there for some reason my 360 wasn't working on their testing thing, so I say that I was playing it fine through HDMI earlier. Well the employee said that that's the reason why it isn't picking up the composite cables. I thought that the xbox just automatically detects the source, but okay. I drive back, get it working within a minute at my house and drive back to gamestop. That's fine though since they held it for me while I was doing so. Now I'm at home with it...anyone want pictures?
I do!!!

clashfan

Alucrid said:

Play a game and tell us if it's noisy.

burgerdog

infinityBCRT said:
I'm surprised your existing 360 can even function in an entertainment center like that. Barely any space for ventilation.

It seems to be doing fine, left it on for a few hours when I first got it and it was cool. The back is open and the ceiling of the unit is higher than it appears from the outside so no worries.

Spasm

Alucrid said:
Spasm said:
First things first... Is there an IR port? Can't seem to get a straight answer on this one. I'm going to be pissed if my 360 Harmony is suddenly useless.
?

Alucrid said:

Congrats! I hope to get mines soon too.

Alucrid said:
PICS NAO!!!!!!

burgerdog

Also, while I was buying my S 360 the guy asked me if I was interested in trading in my old unit. I told him yes, but was unable to transfer all my files, he then told me: "no, worries, transfer your files and bring back your old unit before 6pm and I will refund you whatever amount you bring in later." Pretty damn nice.

MCD

Alucrid said:
anyone want pictures?
If you can take one of the back of the PSU where it shows the voltage reading, I'd be grateful.

I know it won't be 110~240V but a man can hope.

burgerdog

Spasm said:
First things first... Is there an IR port? Can't seem to get a straight answer on this one. I'm going to be pissed if my 360 Harmony is suddenly useless.

I...can't seem to locate the IR port. Sorry.

surly

Banned
According to a tweet from the UK retailer GAME, the new 360 ships with a transfer kit: -

new Xbox will have a data migration kit so getting all that gaming goodness out of your old hard drive will be a breeze.
Can anyone confirm if there's one in the box, cos if not this is probably just GAME bundling one in or maybe it's a mistake or something.

EDIT - Actually, they could just mean that a transfer kit will be available to buy, not that it comes with the console.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't SEE an IR port, but I'll look at the manual.

As for the pics, I started taking them, then my battery died. That's what I get for not charging it in a month or two. :| Pics, soon though. Anyone have any idea how long a battery for a Canon dslr should take to charge for a few pics?

Copied from the back of the PSU.

Input AC

100-127V~3.7A, 47-63Hz

goldenpp72 said:
you sure?

From the site:

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10.

burgerdog

surly said:
According to a tweet from the UK retailer GAME, the new 360 ships with a transfer kit: -

Can anyone confirm if there's one in the box, cos if not this is probably just GAME bundling one in or maybe it's a mistake or something.

No transfer cable in the box, US.

prophecy0

I just traded in my old 20 gig toward the new XBOX at the Gamestop in the Nashville West shopping center (in Nashville, TN obviously). Their shipment got in around 11:45 (central time) and the guy at the store said they got 12 of them in. I just plugged it in at work and it is very, very quiet.

burgerdog

Another thing I'd like to add is that you don't need the transfer kit CD. I just plugged in the usb kit and the console started to move the files after a few A clicks.

Alucrid

Banned
WAIT! In the manual it says there's an IR receiver. Apparently it's where the connect button is as well, or that's where the manual is pointing at it to be.

burgerdog

prophecy0 said:
I just traded in my old 20 gig toward the new XBOX at the Gamestop in the Nashville West shopping center (in Nashville, TN obviously). Their shipment got in around 11:45 (central time) and the guy at the store said they got 12 of them in. I just plugged it in at work and is very, very quiet.

So much this.

Dang, how come the Gamestops in Utah have to be getting them tomorrow?

I think I called every single Gamestop in the county and they all said the same thing. I really hope I can get one tomorrow.

Alucrid said:
WAIT! In the manual it says there's an IR receiver. Apparently it's where the connect button is as well, or that's where the manual is pointing at it to be.

Yup:
Where is the wireless controller bind button, I don’t see it in any of the pictures?

It’s in the front. It was combined with the IR receiver on the front, so that’s why you don’t notice it!
http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=32975486

Got mine.. first gamestop I tried. Didn't have my old xbox on me but they said I could come back later and do the return/rebuy to apply my trade in.

Zomo

-Yeti said:
Dang, how come the Gamestops in Utah have to be getting them tomorrow?

I think I called every single Gamestop in the county and they all said the same thing. I really hope I can get one tomorrow.
It's one day.

Try Fable 2(if you have it) playing off the disc and off the HDD for a noise test. I remember the game constantly accessing the disc when it wasn't installed.

Alucrid

Banned
ExtraKr1spy said:
Try Fable 2(if you have it) playing off the disc and off the HDD for a noise test. I remember the game constantly accessing the disc when it wasn't installed.

I do have it. I'll give it a go...my stuff is almost done transferring.

So the disc in the 360 without installing it sounds like my old 360 with the disc. A little quieter though.

Top Bottom