• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 vs PS3 retail exclusives (+ restrictions) released US or EU 2010-2013

MercuryLS

Banned
it may be tough to switch within a generation, but considerably less so between generations, which is why i think this is a valuable conversation. we are on the cusp of a new generation and we now know how msft is likely to play its hand. those of us who resent how they have done so can make our console purchasing decisions accordingly.

True. Which is why it might be a good short term strategy, but not a long term one.

cuilan

My favorite 360-exclusive retail game from 2013 isn't on the list... =(

Edit: Oh...3 of my favorite 360-exclusive retail games from 2010 are also missing... =( =( =(

jayu26

My favorite 360-exclusive retail game from 2013 isn't on the list... =(
State of decay? Yeah I know. One of my favorite Guacamelee from this year is not there either.

Edit: Oh wait not a retail game, my bad.

Those handful of Xbox games probably outsold all those PS3 games. Still, I've gotten more value out of the Halo titles than I have any of the those PS3 titles. Just my two cents.

Good for you...

But here is the way I think. I like variety in games. As a consumer does it matter how many copies they are selling and how many records they are breaking? As long as they are profitable (for first party games it does not take a lot to make them profitable, just look at Sly 4) I expect Sony to keep delivering on the diversity, quality and quantity.

rouken

really one sided imo. i agree that sony has a lot of developers to produce games for their console but trying to make 360 look like the wii on its late years is console warrior in nature. not including the early years of both console, digital only games and xbox/pc games seems unfair. but yeah i know this is MS so everyone in here would agree with this list.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Another day, another NeoGaf user with an agenda.

Who, me? Lol

I was just browsing Reddit and I thought it was an interesting infographic.

I even said in the OP that I'm sure some shit was missing but that it was illuminating. Can't really have an agenda when you show the facts.

I even said why THIS PARTICULAR USER was getting a PS4 over Xbone. Never once acted like he spoke for everyone.

Yawnier

Banned
really one sided imo. i agree that sony has a lot of developers to produce games for their console but trying to make 360 look like the wii on its late years is console warrior in nature. not including the early years of both console, digital only games and xbox/pc games seems unfair. but yeah i know this is MS so everyone in here would agree with this list.

Huh? Are we even reading the same thread here? There are plenty of people disputing what is missing and such on this picture/comparison list.

cuilan

I'm curious...which ones are you talking about?

2013: Dodonpachi Saidaioujou
2010: Deathsmiles 2X, Senko no Ronde DUO, Virtual-On Force

And I suppose Deathsmiles 1 might also have to be on the 2010 list, since that's when the North American version was released. I bought the original Japanese release of it in 2009 though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Who, me? Lol

I was just browsing Reddit and I thought it was an interesting infographic.

A good way to defuse the situation would be to say "This is what I found to be interesting about the infographic: ____. This is the conclusion I took: ____. These are the strengths of the graphic: ____. These are the weaknesses: ____.". If you just post something with no comment, people take that as being coy and react as though you are fully endorsing what they perceive to be the content of what you posted, and that's going to end with them reacting as though you were the author. It can very easily be fixed by clarifying your position to identify more or less closely with the other.

FINALBOSS

Banned
A good way to defuse the situation would be to say "This is what I found to be interesting about the infographic: ____. This is the conclusion I took: ____. These are the strengths of the graphic: ____. These are the weaknesses: ____.". If you just post something with no comment, people take that as being coy and react as though you are fully endorsing what they perceive to be the content of what you posted, and that's going to end with them reacting as though you were the author. It can very easily be fixed by clarifying your position to identify more or less closely with the other.

I have no intention of appeasing GAFers who are quick to judgement and can't even read the thread nor the replies contained within. I even stated that I'm sure some shit was missing. Not sure what more they want--nor do I really care about those individuals.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I have no intention of appeasing GAFers who are quick to judgement and can't even read the thread nor the replies contained within. I even stated that I'm sure some shit was missing. Not sure what more they want--nor do I really care about those individuals.

Okay then don't reply to them with what amounts to "lol u mad dog"? If you think they're trolling, and you don't want to make the slightest effort to have a conversation with them, why would you take the bait?

The PlayStation ecosystem might have way more exclusives, but the majority of them aren't blockbuster hits. Nobody ever talks about the PS3 games. TLOU, Ni no Kuni, Uncharted, and a select few actually get talked about in general conversation.

mujun

How accurate is this list?

With the amount of FUD and BS these sort of topics stir up I think that they should be subject to the same rules as sales numbers. If a list is of "Chartz" quality then it should get removed.

You are sure shit is missing and yet post it up? Great work! See my above comments.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Okay then don't reply to them with what amounts to "lol u mad dog"? If you think they're trolling, and you don't want to make the slightest effort to have a conversation with them, why would you take the bait?

Cause I was genuinely curious if he was referring to me.

Are you seriously scolding me for taking troll bait instead of the troll himself?

jayu26

2013: Dodonpachi Saidaioujou
2010: Deathsmiles 2X, Senko no Ronde DUO, Virtual-On Force

And I suppose Deathsmiles 1 might also have to be on the 2010 list, since that's when the North American version was released. I bought the original Japanese release of it in 2009 though.

Well you like some crazy shit alright, lol. I salute you sir.

There are several titles missing from both camps and I don't really mind pc360 vs vita3 added to the list. But how is the list even with discrepancies any more console warrior than your comment on it being a console warrior in nature. The point of the list is clear and one I agree with 100%: Microsoft chased a different rabbit on the gamer hunt years ago and tokenized what did show up to the BBQ.

I love my 360 but I have zero confidence in what ms has brought forth or money hatted. It's about games. I still buy some games on 360 like remember me just because we know ue3 games typically run better but it is largely a wasteland for exclusives. People are supporting the 360 (buy staying in the ecosystem), not Microsoft and that is sad.

I own 57 360 titles and 94 ps3 titles. My newest 3 games for the 360 have been mass effect 3, halo 4 and remember me. I've bought like 20 ps3 exclusives in that time. It isn't me, or my tastes in games that is the problem. Microsoft is starting to leave money on the table like Nintendo unless you like dance games or utter garbage like DBZ kinect.

Yawnier

Banned
The PlayStation ecosystem might have way more exclusives, but the majority of them aren't blockbuster hits. Nobody ever talks about the PS3 games. TLOU, Ni no Kuni, Uncharted, and a select few actually get talked about in general conversation.

I don't get this argument when it is brought up, at all. The majority of the Xbox titles there aren't guaranteed blockbuster +5 million hits that are in general conversation either.

Did any of those Xbox games on that list even sell better than Gran Turismo 5 which is also on that list on the PS side? Halo 4, arguably the biggest game on the Xbox side is at 8 million units sold as of April 2013 and GT5 is at 10 million units sold as of May 2013.

FINALBOSS

Banned
How accurate is this list?

With the amount of FUD and BS these sort of topics stir up I think that they should be subject to the same rules as sales numbers. If a list is of "Chartz" quality then it should get removed.

You are sure shit is missing and yet post it up? Great work! See my above comments.

Pretty obviously it was hyperbole. Stuff was missing on both sides according to the thread--not nearly enough to sway the game towers in any direction, however.

Did I know for sure stuff was missing when I posted? No.

If users can't bother to read the thread and just look at the pretty picture then that's not really my problem.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cause I was genuinely curious if he was referring to me.

Are you seriously scolding me for taking troll bait instead of the troll himself?

I don't think it's appropriate for someone to impugn your motives or make a passive aggressive post like that, no, but it's something that happens very commonly when something that someone disagrees with is presented without comment. I explained where I was coming from: the best way to avoid this kind of thing is to explain your perspective, as opposed to just saying "I didn't make it don't blame me if it sucks". Playing coy is the root of a whole lot of passive aggressive behaviour here in terms of users misunderstanding or being rude to each other. You responded that you felt like it was a waste of your time trying to engage with that kind of person. I can't blame you for that, because the post was clearly pretty rude. But if it's a waste of your time, then the next best outcome for the thread would be to let rude posts get buried as opposed to keep them in the forefront so more of the conversation is dominated by a back and forth argument that contributes to a hostile thread environment. And now here we are.

mujun

Pretty obviously it was hyperbole. Stuff was missing on both sides according to the thread--not nearly enough to sway the game towers in any direction, however.

Oh, so you are saying that before you posted the list you knew which way the towers were swaying before posting the thread and totally had an agenda?

Cool.

baekshi

Banned
This list doesn't even include the Japanese games that were never released in US. The numbers would triple for PS3.

and I don't see
One Piece: Pirate Warriors

FINALBOSS

Banned
Oh, so you are saying that before you posted the list you knew which way the towers were swaying before posting the thread and totally had an agenda?

Cool.

So only good posts are 100% impartial in their contents.

Cool.

Painfully obvious that no matter which way you swing it that Sony has done a much better job on accumulating exclusives than MS has since 2010. It's just illuminating when done in a picture form. Don't get so bent out of shape..it's a damn picture.

And of course I knew which way the towers were swaying...I have eyes.

nib95

Banned
This list doesn't even include the Japanese games that were never released in US. The numbers would triple for PS3.

A few people seem to be implying that including arcade/download games and Japanese games for the 360 would be fairer, but if anything as a result the PS3 side would just tower above the other even more, not less.

mujun

So only good posts are 100% impartial in their contents.

Cool.

If it is going to spark a debate in 0 seconds flat, then yeah, I'd aim for accurate/impartial.

Painfully obvious that no matter which way you swing it that Sony has done a much better job on accumulating exclusives than MS has since 2010. It's just illuminating when done in a picture form. Don't get so bent out of shape..it's a damn picture.

Why are you pointing the obvious out to me? Do I come off as incapable of seeing it or do you assume that I'm an Xbox fan because I am "opposing" you?

FINALBOSS

Banned
If it is going to spark a debate in 0 seconds flat, then yeah, I'd aim for accurate/impartial.

Why are you pointing the obvious out to me? Do I come off as incapable of seeing it or do you assume that I'm an Xbox fan because I am "opposing" you?

I assume you're bent out of shape since you're accusing me of having an agenda. I found a picture, I posted it.

Yawnier

Banned

and I don't see
One Piece: Pirate Warriors

Just like DW7: Empires, it wasn't at retail in North America. That's probably why it wasn't included if I were to guess.

baekshi

Banned
Just like DW7: Empires, it wasn't at retail in North America. That's probably why it wasn't included if I were to guess.

It is a retail game in Europe and It says US or EU retail games - so I see no reason why it isn't on there. Saint Seiya never came to US and is a retail in EU.

Ya, beats me.

I didn't submit the picture for scientific journal review to appease mujun.
Oh...

I'm pretty sure that The Witch and the Hundred Knights won't be released until early 2014 over here. The Guided Fate Paradox is slated for this fall though, so you could replace it with that..

FINALBOSS

Banned
It is a retail game in Europe and It says US or EU retail games - so I see no reason why it isn't on there. Saint Seiya never came to US and is a retail in EU.

GAF can collectively make their own that's 100% accurate. Probably be quite helpful for future discussions "looking back on the generation". Can even have it go all the way back to 05'

Bikram

This is the reason my X360 is gathering dust from last two years. Only game I play on it is Forza Horizon. Quality or Quantity, Playstation exclusives trump Xbox exclusives. This is my opinion

Yawnier

Banned
Ya, beats me.

I didn't submit the picture for scientific journal review to appease mujun.

Lmao.

DW7: Empires was also a retail game in Europe. I don't see why any of these games aren't there either, I definitely agree with you here but oh well.

Top Bottom