• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS MiiVerse will not support message exchange between friends or Friend Requests

Sorry don't understand what your saying in relation to my post, please explain.

Oh. The chart shows that the Friend Requests/Private Messages are only available on the Wii U and none of the other ways to access the MiiVerse can use those features. However, you can still follow people. Think of it as the "follow" option on FaceBook as opposed to the "Friend Request" option on FaceBook.

namedUser

Neo Member
If Nintendo would implement a proper account system with support for adult accounts as well as accounts for minors, then this wouldn't be so much of an issue.

Given the reason why we lost Swapnote in the first place that probably wasn't going to happen.

I haven't used my 3DS much until the past week, and I tried to use Swapnote and it gave me a message saying it had been discontinued. I was like "wtf?" Had no idea why. They seriously discontinued Swapnote because of some pedos? wtf? That's incredibly lame.

Sandfox

I haven't used my 3DS much until the past week, and I tried to use Swapnote and it gave me a message saying it had been discontinued. I was like "wtf?" Had no idea why. They seriously discontinued Swapnote because of some pedos? wtf? That's incredibly lame.

They received complaints apparently.

KNT-Zero

So basically this does the same things the web/smartphone versions do.
And you can´t keep in touch with friends because you can´t add them or message them, unless you have a Wii U. Hmm.....

Alfredo

Remember how the Wii even let you send messages to your friends (...and it took like a day for the message to actually get to them :p)?

I feel like messaging directly via the devices is safer than sharing your personal email or Facebook or phone number just so you could better communicate with your 3DS friends. But safety concerns aside, that's still inconvenient because you don't get a notification from the 3DS itself when you receive a message, so you have to check your external inbox manually...

I didn't use SwapNote because it took FOREVER to receive messages (you had to load up the app, it had to download the notes, had to sift through a million backed up messages and load each message up individually...). I was hoping that Miiverse messaging on the 3DS would be more efficient, but whoops.

I would appreciate ANYTHING that would help me trade turnip prices better, honestly. Wah. I am sad.

Top Bottom