• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Plaza updates (UK/EU?) - new Streetpass DLC available. Nintendo's F2P?

From all the reports about crashing, it seems they may have accidentally pushed this out ahead of schedule.

Seems likely. Nintendo never put out stuff this broken. I can't even scroll back through people I've already Streetpassed without the system crashing.
Accidental when Emily said they'd be pushing it out around 5pm PDT hours earlier?

There was more to the update than this. We got save backups as well.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Yeah, just read some stuff about it on the internet. Though I hardly believe that there is big chances that you run by people with StreetPass activated given how few games support this feature.

Still I have to figure out what this new update does now...

That doesn't really matter, there is an app on the 3DS that everyone has, which is what this updates. There are two small games that you can StreetPass people with by just having a 3DS.

Yeah, just read some stuff about it on the internet. Though I hardly believe that there is big chances that you run by people with StreetPass activated given how few games support this feature.

Still I have to figure out what this new update does now...

It doesn't matter if you have Streetpass activated in games, just so long as it's activated on the system.

Alfredo

Oh, you have to pay for this extra stuff? Bummer.

...but did they at least increase the StreetPass Limit to be more than 10 at once? I would totally pay for that feature...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So is there an update in NA or nor? I get "An error has ocurred. Unable to update." each time and then the 3DS resets. :(

EDIT: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? ONE OF THE NEW GAMES IS A SHMUP?! WTF REGGIE!!!

EDIT 2: Got the update working but once again, NoA shows their ineptitude at everything.

StreetPass Squad - Developer: Good-Feel (Kirby's Epic Yarn, Yoshi Yarn)
-The game is a shmup in which StreetPasses can be collected as weapon power-ups in each stage.

StreetPass Garden - Developer: GREZZO (Ocarina of Time 3D, Four Swords DSiWare)
-The game is a slow-paced gardening game in which StreetPasses not only water your flower to grow, they also bring their own flower to display. Grow them all!

StreetPass Battle - Developer: Spike Chunsoft (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)
-The game is a battle game based in older Japan times. It looks like the StreetPasses you make join your clan with all of their streetpasses as their armymen. Fight against enemies in Paper-Rock-Scissors style plus your army count.

StreetPass Mansion - Developer: PROPE (Ivy the Kiwi, Let's Tap, Wii Play: Motion's Trigger Twist)
-The game is a combination of a puzzle-adventure and exploration adventure. StreetPasses give you maps which allow you to add rooms to the mansion and potentially find items. If you encounter ghosts, this initiates a battle sequence with the items you've collected.

All of them look quite good, actually!

Somnid

The only consolation I get is that it has crash bugs. Hopefully NOA has this sorted out by the time it's fixed.

donny2112

Hoping for either Thursday update for this in NOA or a quickie Nintendo Direct with this available right after. Have fun all you EU/JP guys getting to access it now!!! :)

NeoRausch

nice!

the plaza runs super smooth now when scrolling.

also I've my wife for the 100 uh time. 99 was the cut before.

also you can select expressions when meeting someone.

Dang0

I got a heroines puzzle piece, which I assume has most of the female nintendo characters.

All I can see though is a harp, probably harp of the goddess.

Is it possible to roll back a Mii Plaza update so I can redownload?

I have the buggy freezes but I see some others from EU don't.

sakipon

Is it possible to roll back a Mii Plaza update so I can redownload?

I have the buggy freezes but I see some others from EU don't.

I doubt it as Mii Plaza is a part of the firmware. One could try deleting it but you'd lose all your Miis and hats.

I wonder if the freezes are happening to people with certain country or language settings?

Jackano

I'm in the crashing squad with my PAL unit. Japanese one seems more stable, but slower to boot.

Edit: PAl unit has an icon to buy the game in the old mii plazza (the one with the jukebox, parameters, etc). There it crash when you try to bu a game.
Japanese one hasn't this icon.

Symphonic

-The game is a shmup in which StreetPasses can be collected as weapon power-ups in each stage.

-The game is a slow-paced gardening game in which StreetPasses not only water your flower to grow, they also bring their own flower to display. Grow them all!

-The game is a battle game based in older Japan times. It looks like the StreetPasses you make join your clan with all of their streetpasses as their armymen. Fight against enemies in Paper-Rock-Scissors style plus your army count.

StreetPass Mansion - Developer: PROPE (Ivy the Kiwi, Let's Tap, Wii Play: Motion's Trigger Twist)
-The game is a combination of a puzzle-adventure and exploration adventure. StreetPasses give you maps which allow you to add rooms to the mansion and potentially find items. If you encounter ghosts, this initiates a battle sequence with the items you've collected.

A shmup and puzzle adventure????

NoA... :(

ash_ag

By the way, not sure if mentioned, but the StreetPass games now have app icons (viewable via the StreetPass Plaza app, obviously). I had no idea that they are by different developers... That's actually pretty awesome, and great choices too.

Do we have any hint about which characters appear in the Heroines puzzle? Might be an indication for SSB4. :D

By the way, not sure if mentioned, but the StreetPass games now have app icons (viewable via the StreetPass Plaza app, obviously). I had no idea that they are by different developers... That's actually pretty awesome, and great choices too.

Do we have any hint about which characters appear in the Heroines puzzle? Might be an indication for SSB4. :D

Pauline, Peach, Toon Zelda, Rosalina, Skyward Sword Zelda

See it here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNBfCEyCMAADZ7H.jpg

ash_ag

Pauline, Peach, Toon Zelda, Rosalina, Skyward Sword Zelda

See it here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNBfCEyCMAADZ7H.jpg

Uh, pretty cool. I expected Peach, Rosalina and Daisy, or something predictable like that.
Should be Samus or Palutena instead of Pauline though.
This isn't the first original art StreetPass Puzzle either. I'm very happy with how well they use StreetPass / SpotPass. 3DS's whole ecosystem is splendid really; the OS works great and the core apps live up to their potential.

Doczu

Can you play these games with coins? It's difficult to find someone in Poland for streetpass...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Ok, sold by the developers. I'll probably pick these up this evening once back at home.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Updated here in the UK. This I presume means that the streetpass relays are also live? They were meant to coincide with a system update. Going to wander to Starbucks at lunch time to check.

kubus

Noooooo I didn't get the Xenoblade puzzle. I got the Luigi U one instead :(.

Shop doesn't work for me... It all looks promising though. I love Streetpass so I'll probably buy all of the minigames sooner or later.

Top Bottom